2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

They have a principal payment due July 1 for $80 million and have a total of $250 million in debt. That's about 115% of the teams worth.

B-A-N-R-U-P-T-C-Y.

Wholly crap!!

That's worse than my debt to equity ratio ... and they hope to sign Parise, or anyone else.

Only hope is that if the NHL has fronted them the money, IMO, they would never call in the loan, which means real "bankruptcy" is unlikely.

Gotta say I've been watching this series out of more a sense of obligation than enjoyment.

This has been the least compelling final I can remember.

i started watching about mid-way through the game last night. i can't quite put my finger on what is making this series so dull.

style(s) of play? prevalence of obstruction in the new/old nhl? how the two teams match up with one another in terms of personnel? in terms of systems? the absence of certain kinds of talent on the ice? absence of historical franchises, or, failing that, energized hockey markets? transit of venus?

They have a principal payment due July 1 for $80 million and have a total of $250 million in debt. That's about 115% of the teams worth.

B-A-N-R-U-P-T-C-Y.

Great cats!

That's a terrible financial position.

i started watching about mid-way through the game last night. i can't quite put my finger on what is making this series so dull.

style(s) of play? prevalence of obstruction in the new/old nhl? how the two teams match up with one another in terms of personnel? in terms of systems? the absence of certain kinds of talent on the ice? absence of historical franchises, or, failing that, energized hockey markets? transit of venus?

I'm going to say lack of shots, lack of open ice.

The goalkeeps are the best part of this series, but even they are seeing very few good shots.

Or maybe just the Transit of Venus. Bad for hockey? Not sure......

Wholly crap!!

i love this turn of phrase, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

I'm going to say lack of shots, lack of open ice.

The goalkeeps are the best part of this series, but even they are seeing very few good shots.

whatever its causes may be, i do think those are the biggest issues. and of those 2, i think that the clogged nature of the ice, in the offensive zone, is the biggest culprit (although i am not sure whether that's what you meant by clogged ice, X -- maybe you're more talking above the neutral zone).

i was getting a little noddy last night in the third and my eyes just glazed as NJ tried, without success, to get a shot through (and not just from the point). in the shift i have in mind, there were 5 shots toward goal by NJ. i counted 3 as blocked, 1 as way wide (as a result of changing the shot because of a clogged lane), and 1 easy glove save to get a whistle.

i saw a griping tweet (retweeted by harrington, so take it FWIW) that proposed a lacrosse-esque rule for the nhl that would limit the # of players you're allowed to have in your defensive zone (i.e., to 4). that's an unpalatable idea, but i understand the frustration that gave rise to it.

So we're all so polite now that we're not going to correct peoples spelling when they misspell a word whilst spelling it O-U-T?

I spend a lot of time hating myself.

I have come to accept everything Chz says ...

B-A-N-R-U-P-T-C-Y is the correct way to spell the word she was using in the way she was using it. If you don't believe me look it up.

And hate is a wasteful emotion, especially when directed at yourself.

B-A-N-R-U-P-T-C-Y is the correct way to spell the word she was using in the way she was using it. If you don't believe me look it up.

Who was talking about Chz? I didn't even realize she had spelled it wrong. I was just speaking in generalities. ;)

Thank You but,

It is?

So we're all so polite now that we're not going to correct peoples spelling when they misspell a word whilst spelling it O-U-T?

Except thyat she is a female, on a board dominated mostly by men. She could say anything, or spell everything wrong, and most will just let it go or say its right because shes a female and we are male

Its like teh South Park episode where BeBe gets Boobs..........

Pommer is huge on spelling. Shouldn't it be "people's" spelling?

Archived