Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

It's been forever since I looked at a post on this board. Too bad for me.

But I'm engaged. And that's awesome. And she's awesome.

Great now you'll never be able to come to Rochester for Amerks games :(

Edited by d4rksabre

My wife's old roommate had to give the ultimatum to her boyfriend of seven years: "If I don't have a ring by the end of the year, we're done." He bought the ring on 12/30 and proposed on 12/31. :lol:

Not that I was much better, it took me almost six years to ask my wife, I didn't require an ultimatum though.

My wife's old roommate had to give the ultimatum to her boyfriend of seven years: "If I don't have a ring by the end of the year, we're done." He bought the ring on 12/30 and proposed on 12/31. :lol:

Not that I was much better, it took me almost six years to ask my wife, I didn't require an ultimatum though.

My brother was 9 years. She wouldn't offer the ultimatum to me, but she mentioned it to me a few times. What the hell was I supposed to do when she mentioned that to me? I pretty much just told her "good luck with that".

And then there's me on the other end of the spectrum. I was just over a year.

Took me 6 years to ask.

Chz, my now wife, then girlfreind, was getting irate that I wouldn't pop the question. It wasn't that I didn't think she was the one. Or that I didn't want to. It was me being concerned that I wouldn't be a good husband. Took me 6 years before I thought I'd be a good person to marry. Took me another 6 of her complaining before I decided I might be a good dad too.

Not sure what that's worth but, there it is.

Took me 6 years to ask.

Chz, my now wife, then girlfreind, was getting irate that I wouldn't pop the question. It wasn't that I didn't think she was the one. Or that I didn't want to. It was me being concerned that I wouldn't be a good husband. Took me 6 years before I thought I'd be a good person to marry. Took me another 6 of her complaining before I decided I might be a good dad too.

Holy crap, that sounds familiar.

Took me 6 years to ask.

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you? It always seems like these cases where people are together for a long time like that tend to be younger. My brother met his now wife when they were both 19 and they didn't get married until 29. Me, I met my fiancee at 29, got engaged at 30, and will be married a month shy of 32.

The best one I've heard is from my soon to be father-in-law. A friend of his from college met a girl while they were in school. They have lived together ever since and for whatever reason, finally got married within the past 4 or 5 years. So that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 years prior to marriage.

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you? It always seems like these cases where people are together for a long time like that tend to be younger. My brother met his now wife when they were both 19 and they didn't get married until 29. Me, I met my fiancee at 29, got engaged at 30, and will be married a month shy of 32.

The best one I've heard is from my soon to be father-in-law. A friend of his from college met a girl while they were in school. They have lived together ever since and for whatever reason, finally got married within the past 4 or 5 years. So that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 years prior to marriage.

Dunno about weave, but I'm an exception to that rule. My bf and I met at 36 and 27, respectively, and 5 1/2 years later we're still "just" dating for reasons that sound very similar to weave's.

Proposed after 5 years, engaged for 2...eh, 7 years wasn't such a bad run...

But on to things that are AWESOME!

My puppy is finally old enough and well behaved enough to sleep outside of his crate with his daddy! He's the best!