Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I just got an email scam from someone trying to get my personal information. It was someone claiming they work with mortgages/loans. The first line introduced the emailer by name. Then at the end, the email was signed by a completely different name. You've got to love how little effort they put into these scams. I'd say that no one could possibly be dumb enough to fall for it, but I know I'm wrong.

Hi, my name is Peter,

blah

blah

blah

blah

blah

blah

blah

Sincerely,

Joe

Hilarious.

Merkel just has to be different, doesn't she?

Is that Ted Black between Putin and Obama?

Why does our Prime Minister always look like the friggin' *class clown* in these things.

Probably because he just got a bit of a promotion from *class idiot*.

And, why does Canada even get invited to these things? It's not like we are a world power or anything.

Didn't know where else to put this, as the story on it's own is not awesome and I'd be livid if this was going on in my neighborhood. But this one quote from a concerned neighbor was pretty funny.

http://raleighpublic...-party-mansion/

:w00t:

Now this story has become awesome, because the problem here isn't running a nightclub with strippers and drugs at a mansion in a residential neighborhood owned by tax cheats. No not at all, the real problem here is that the neighbors are clearly......wait for it........ RACIST!

http://www.wral.com/...nsion/12564272/

BP's down to 115/65. Losing 15 pounds really helped, but I suspect it's more the diet. For about three weeks, I've been on the Ornish plan that prevents and even reverses heart disease and diabetes. It's tough. No meat, almost no fat, just fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes… And thus there's very little salt. I've also thrown the salt shaker away. I have a sweet tooth but am doing just fine with a handful of grapes, an apple, an orange. So much more satisfying than a donut. The cravings have been bad the last couple of days. I'm trying to hold out another week and then schedule in two mulligans a month. But in the past that's been the beginning of the end. You can't leave all the good stuff behind, can you? A Stanley Cup or a slice of pizza, it's pretty much a 1-1 tie at this point.

BP's down to 115/65. Losing 15 pounds really helped, but I suspect it's more the diet. For about three weeks, I've been on the Ornish plan that prevents and even reverses heart disease and diabetes. It's tough. No meat, almost no fat, just fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes… And thus there's very little salt. I've also thrown the salt shaker away. I have a sweet tooth but am doing just fine with a handful of grapes, an apple, an orange. So much more satisfying than a donut. The cravings have been bad the last couple of days. I'm trying to hold out another week and then schedule in two mulligans a month. But in the past that's been the beginning of the end. You can't leave all the good stuff behind, can you? A Stanley Cup or a slice of pizza, it's pretty much a 1-1 tie at this point.

Nice job.....salt is probably the biggest thing to dump. You can drop 3-5% of your body weight in a week in just water by getting rid of heavy salt. Helps the BP....and then your kidneys can help you liver out with the booze more!

Aw man, I love salt! I think I'd be okay going vegetarian, but low salt would be tough, haha. Good on you, PA... 3 weeks is a great start!

You're young enough that, if you have healthy kidneys, you can eat as much salt as you want as long as you drink enough water to flush it out.

You're young enough that, if you have healthy kidneys, you can eat as much salt as you want as long as you drink enough water to flush it out.

Yeah... I tell myself it's ok because I have low(ish) blood pressure, but I really don't consume enough water and my dad has had problems with kidney stones, so I should be better about that.

Aw man, I love salt! I think I'd be okay going vegetarian, but low salt would be tough, haha. Good on you, PA... 3 weeks is a great start!

I don't really miss the salt shaker. Well, I did today when I had an avocado for lunch (and even that's not a "Group 1" food in this diet because of the fat). Your taste buds adapt pretty quickly. The foods I am craving are loaded with salt though.

Definitely awesome!

I don't really miss the salt shaker. Well, I did today when I had an avocado for lunch (and even that's not a "Group 1" food in this diet because of the fat). Your taste buds adapt pretty quickly. The foods I am craving are loaded with salt though.

Funny... I rarely salt raw foods like avocado and tomatoes, and I use low sodium soy sauce, but I love vinegar and other salty flavors. Low salt also rules out some of the best Thai food, because fish sauce is loaded with it. So tasty with lime, though.

Verizon let's you instantly block numbers via your online account page. Brilliant.

Because people who respond to listings for items on craigslist are 80% idiot creeps.

Again, I'm sorry. I just wanted to see what the used leggings looked like on you.

It's not that you wanted to see them that bothered me, I just didn't want to come to your house to show them. But noooo pictures alone weren't good enough!

I was willing to meet you at that truck stop and you know it!

Good luck getting my game-worn Depends now.

This Autistic Man from Nova Scotia, Frankie McDonald, does severe weather reports on YouTube.

I find his level of enthusiasm amazing, and appropriate for the subject matter.

His story is pretty great too:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2013/02/25/ns-frankie-macdonald-weather-man.html

He has 12k subscribers to his channel, and no ads. It's too bad, he's passing up on thousands of dollars.