Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you? It always seems like these cases where people are together for a long time like that tend to be younger. My brother met his now wife when they were both 19 and they didn't get married until 29. Me, I met my fiancee at 29, got engaged at 30, and will be married a month shy of 32.

The best one I've heard is from my soon to be father-in-law. A friend of his from college met a girl while they were in school. They have lived together ever since and for whatever reason, finally got married within the past 4 or 5 years. So that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 years prior to marriage.

Met her at 18, so youth was definitely in play. We met the Summer after I graduated from HS.

Wow....there are a lot of Darcy Regiers of decisiveness in the love world........

My father was a lousy husband. I had no desire to make the mistakes he made and wasn't going to get married until I was reasonably confident that I wouldn't be the same kind of ###### to my wife. My parents divorced my senior year of high school so it was pretty damned fresh when my GF started putting the heat on.

I'm not judging...just interesting how many people wait so long. I'm not the biggest fan of marraige either after seeing so many people in action over the years. I enjoy doing my own thing too much. I can see getting married sometime, but I think I would be like Shrader and pull the trigger fast. But I'm "old" now too and a lot wiser than when i was an innocent pup. It just seems that so many people want to secure not being lonely then are never truly happy. As you can tell, I love hearing myself talk.....so maybe I'll just buy myself a ring?

Sad my honey won't grow enough balls to ask me.

No idea. But he knows where I stand on things, and I've decided he's worth waiting for (at least a little while longer).

Not that it's any of my business, but it is the 2000's ..........

Why don't you gals just ask your men to marry you?

If you are sure they are the ones, why not?

Not that it's any of my business, but it is the 2000's ..........

Why don't you gals just ask your men to marry you?

If you are sure they are the ones, why not?

Because (in my case) he's not afraid of asking; he's afraid of getting married! Boys are silly.

Studies have shown that the best age of a man for a woman is 1/2 his age, plus 7. Don't know how, or why they decided to study that but I've noticed it holds true in many cases.

So confused by how you worded that, lol.

Studies have shown that the best age of a man for a woman is 1/2 his age, plus 7. Don't know how, or why they decided to study that but I've noticed it holds true in many cases.

If I had to hang out with a 21 year old girl all day I'd seriously struggle with resisting the urge to commit murder.

Edited by ubkev

Because (in my case) he's not afraid of asking; he's afraid of getting married! Boys are silly.

So confused by how you worded that, lol.

1/2 his age, plus 7 years. If he's 32, 16 is half of that, add 7. In this case the best age is male-32 female-23.

I've heard these studies referenced many times over the years. I'll have to look up where they came from.

That's pretty close!

Comics don't count as a legitimate source? haha

Do a search for the Fiancee Formula. ;)

Lol what's funny is I'd seen that comic a long time ago, and I wasn't sure if you were being facetious about the formula. Apparently not!

Lol what's funny is I'd seen that comic a long time ago, and I wasn't sure if you were being facetious about the formula. Apparently not!

Haha, take that study for what it's worth. I've noticed there is some truth to it

Chz broke up with her boyfriend, they must have been too close in age. :angel:

Edited by JJFIVEOH