Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I was wondering which huge Rush fan on board would take the bate.

dammit. caught by a troll. i *hate* that feeling!

For the record.

I did not call anyone the *t* word.

All I pointed out that the bate was there for the taking and that I wondered who would.

Since it was taken then I will say that our friend is quite the master-bater.

I can say that, can't I ...

Axl Rose is a bitch. Nothing about this ahole is likeable.

This x 1,000,000

As for awesome things, my mother went in to the doctors today for a follow up from surgery to remove some early detected "bad" cells that weren't quite cancerous yet, and is finally completely healthy, we can let out our breaths that have been held since the summertime.

Hope things go just as well for Hank, LPF, and all others experiencing health problems with themseleves/their families.

Awesome: the organization that is caring for this dog, and his amazing recovery thus far. (Warning: contains graphic pics, not for the squeamish.)

http://blog.myletsadopt.com/#!/entry/tidus-a-dog-burned-alive-by-teenage-criminals-fights-for,6627

Glad to hear about your mom, Arc.

Ahh that poor dog. What kind of mind does things like that? Argh.

I know. I'm not generally a violent person, but I believe if I ever met the bastards I would do bad things to them. (And not the good kind of bad things.)

3 interviews in 3 days. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. That makes it 6 interviews in two weeks.

Can you here that Mr. Anderson? It is the sound of inevitability.

Very nice, and good luck!!

Some good news out of the Hague ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/12/world/europe/bosnia-war-crimes-sentencing/index.html?hpt=ieu_c2

Of course there will be a review and appeal. Even if the conviction stands he will spend his *life sentence* at the poshest resort in the world ... the International Tribunal *prison* in the Hague, but at least he will not be living in luxury in Eastern Bosnia while so many others there are living in dire conditions.

=====

And I would help you with those bad things ("and not the good kind of bad things" ... :blush: ), bio.

Google released a standalone Maps app on the iPhone to combat Apple's awful Apple Maps, and it is above and beyond Apple Maps in functionality.

I was thisclose to abandoning my iPhone but I suppose I won't have to now. Awesome.

That is definitely awesome... I've been avoiding downloading iOS6 on my iPad for that very reason.

Google released a standalone Maps app on the iPhone to combat Apple's awful Apple Maps, and it is above and beyond Apple Maps in functionality.

I was thisclose to abandoning my iPhone but I suppose I won't have to now. Awesome.

I've used TomTom for nav, but I used google for just getting a map. I haven't had any issues with Apple's map app. I guess I'm just lucky.

Does this mean parents to the rescue on the house sale? I hope so...

This poster. ^^^^^

My savior can beat up your savior.

I get what you are getting at here ... ;) .

For the record none of the messengers of God are my saviour. Only by the grace and mercy of God will I reach Paradise.

Parents that are awesome are awesome.

They are aren't they. Wonderful.

This poster. ^^^^^

Hey, that's favouritism and probably some other isms as well, but I know what you mean ... :thumbsup: .

It's almost 8:30 AM here in Halifax and since the Fantastic Friday thread is still locked (hello mods ... :P ) I'll put this here.

I think that I have mentioned that I'm an accountant and run my own practice. I have been working for myself for over 9 years now and it certainly has it's advantages, but also disadvantages.

Accounting by nature is cyclical and I have many clients who I see once a year for a year-end review and tax work. Others I do work for on a quarterly, or monthly basis and tax season is always the busiest time of year. At other times it's pretty quiet around the office.

I am at the stage in life where I am not interested in competing with the *big 5* firms. It's pretty much just myself, with some part-time people during the busy tax season. My wife and I are happy and comfortable enough at this point too, but regular cashflow is still important.

I always strive to have what I term an "anchor client". One that will generate 25 to 30 billable hours per week. I have been trying to find a replacement for one of these clients for about a year now. Anyone who works for themselves, or for a small service based company, should know what I mean.

Anyway, I have been cultivating a good potential client for about 10 days now. Finally have a meeting scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon with the President ... the decision maker.

AWESOME and also F'N FANTASTIC.

It's almost 8:30 AM here in Halifax and since the Fantastic Friday thread is still locked (hello mods ... :P ) I'll put this here.

I think that I have mentioned that I'm an accountant and run my own practice. I have been working for myself for over 9 years now and it certainly has it's advantages, but also disadvantages.

Accounting by nature is cyclical and I have many clients who I see once a year for a year-end review and tax work. Others I do work for on a quarterly, or monthly basis and tax season is always the busiest time of year. At other times it's pretty quiet around the office.

I am at the stage in life where I am not interested in competing with the *big 5* firms. It's pretty much just myself, with some part-time people during the busy tax season. My wife and I are happy and comfortable enough at this point too, but regular cashflow is still important.

I always strive to have what I term an "anchor client". One that will generate 25 to 30 billable hours per week. I have been trying to find a replacement for one of these clients for about a year now. Anyone who works for themselves, or for a small service based company, should know what I mean.

Anyway, I have been cultivating a good potential client for about 10 days now. Finally have a meeting scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon with the President ... the decision maker.

AWESOME and also F'N FANTASTIC.

Best of luck to you! Hope you nail it!! :thumbsup: