Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Good.

No one should own land in Ohio. There should be no Ohio. It should just go from that crappy little piece of Pennsylvania directly into Indiana or Michigan.

I dunno. If I were an Ohioan I don't know that I'd want to be considered an Indianan or a Michiganer. :P

Good.

No one should own land in Ohio. There should be no Ohio. It should just go from that crappy little piece of Pennsylvania directly into Indiana or Michigan.

People from Ohio don't know how to drive.

When I'm on the road I avoid the following:

1) The 290

2) Jesus Fish

3) Asians

4) Amherst Cops

5) Motorcycles

6) Haitians

7) Double semis

8) Black Women

9) Matt Barnaby

10) Ohio Plates

1) The 290

2) Jesus Fish

3) Asians

4) Amherst Cops

5) Motorcycles

6) Haitians

7) Double semis

8) Black Women

9) Matt Barnaby

10) Ohio Plates

I'm not getting into the rest of it, but I'll note that on 70 and 71 in Ohio, in the left lane, everyone is stuck on cruise control at 65.1 mph. (For our friends in Canada and Europe, that's roughly 245 kilowatt hours per decilitre.)

Edited by Eleven

1) The 290

2) Jesus Fish

3) Asians

4) Amherst Cops

5) Motorcycles

6) Haitians

7) Double semis

8) Black Women

9) Matt Barnaby

10) Ohio Plates

What I find mildy disturbing is that all of these are euphemisms for sexual positions.

---

Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe is awesome. That is all.

Job offers.

Recieved a very enticing job offer yesterday. It isn't ideally what I'd like to be doing, but it is with a good compnay at a very competitive rate of pay. I have notified the other companies that I am interested in of the offer. I have until close-of-business Wednesday to make a decision. We'll see if I get any other bites now. Feels good to have the monkey of my back.

Job offers.

Recieved a very enticing job offer yesterday. It isn't ideally what I'd like to be doing, but it is with a good compnay at a very competitive rate of pay. I have notified the other companies that I am interested in of the offer. I have until close-of-business Wednesday to make a decision. We'll see if I get any other bites now. Feels good to have the monkey of my back.

Great news. Especially good since it comes before the holidays for you and your family. Cheers!

Job offers.

That is great news. A happier Christmas for the weaves.

By the way, how are things going with your exchange student? Sorry, if I have missed some updates.

Job offers.

Glad to hear it!

Job offers.

Fantastic!! :thumbsup:

Job offers.

Congrats! Best of luck!

Job offers.

Congrats!

Thanks all.

That is great news. A happier Christmas for the weaves.

By the way, how are things going with your exchange student? Sorry, if I have missed some updates.

Not nearly as well as hoped. I am more convinced than ever that he has social development issues. He is not doing very well in schol either. He's not an undo headache for us, but it isn't the happy, exciting experience we'd hoped for. I feel bad for the kid. I assume his parents forced him here. He'd be better off at home but his parents want him to finish the school year. Chinese culture is based heavily on the concept of shame. It would shame him and the family if he went home. Neither him, nor the family want to admit that he isn't cut out for this and should come home.

Job offers.

Great news!

Thanks all.

Not nearly as well as hoped. I am more convinced than ever that he has social development issues. He is not doing very well in schol either. He's not an undo headache for us, but it isn't the happy, exciting experience we'd hoped for. I feel bad for the kid. I assume his parents forced him here. He'd be better off at home but his parents want him to finish the school year. Chinese culture is based heavily on the concept of shame. It would shame him and the family if he went home. Neither him, nor the family want to admit that he isn't cut out for this and should come home.

I'm sorry to hear that it has not worked out the way everyone had hoped.

I think it's a wonderful thing that you and your family are doing, so hopefully there will be a next time and that it goes better for all. Maybe a kid from Europe, or some place other than China, would work better?

I'm sorry to hear that it has not worked out the way everyone had hoped.

I think it's a wonderful thing that you and your family are doing, so hopefully there will be a next time and that it goes better for all. Maybe a kid from Europe, or some place other than China, would work better?

I'm guessing it's more about the individual than a particular cultrue. Some people love being thrown into something completely different, some people want to do the same thing every day of their lives.