Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

A few minutes ago, I heard the sound of drums coming from outside my office window at Roswell. I thought it was a car with a really powerful sound system, but when I looked outside, there was a 30-piece Santa Claus marching band. Yes, you read that correctly. They had just gotten off an Akron Central School bus. They were led by a Santa drum major and two elves. They marched around for a while playing Christmas songs, then they got back on the bus and left. Now that's something that you don't see every day and it was pretty awesome!

Edited by Sabre Dance

Two people I work with convinced a third that he was too drunk to drive home after the company holiday party last night. One drove his car and the other followed them. 50 miles each way to make sure he got home safely. That's awesome.

Good on them! Hopefully he thanks them in the form of gas money haha

Anyway, I have been cultivating a good potential client for about 10 days now. Finally have a meeting scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon with the President ... the decision maker.

AWESOME and also F'N FANTASTIC.

Remember, he likes big belt buckles, Tex-Mex, and the occasional beer and pretzel.

Seriously, good luck.

After all the crap I've had to deal with this year, and a mere 4 months after my boss told me maybe it was best for us to part ways, I just left his office with a promotion to VP of Sales & Marketing, a nice raise, and half of a bonus I earned that he refused to give me a few months ago. The extra money will definitely come in handy now that my mom, dad, and step mom are all unemployed (only my dad is receiving unemployment).

I thought 2011 was horrible and 2012 had been worse up until about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully this continues trending upward for 2013.

After all the crap I've had to deal with this year, and a mere 4 months after my boss told me maybe it was best for us to part ways, I just left his office with a promotion to VP of Sales & Marketing, a nice raise, and half of a bonus I earned that he refused to give me a few months ago. The extra money will definitely come in handy now that my mom, dad, and step mom are all unemployed (only my dad is receiving unemployment).

I thought 2011 was horrible and 2012 had been worse up until about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully this continues trending upward for 2013.

congrats and good for you! :beer:

CSB

The lockout.

Why is it awesome? Because everyone here (save political thread), has not had to defend hockey loyalties and get grumpy with each other. There has been a lot more talking about life and the things that matter, and whether they be great or nervewracking, the amount of trust here in the details of the stories lately is very telling. Maybe some people already felt this way, but in a strange little way this has turned into more of a therapy group, or friend network.

I'm happy that this can be an outlet, and I actually wish the best for everyone. We are missing a bunch of regulars, but I hope the game stays locked out so I can get it all out of my system and never have to get involved in a heated debate over a silly game. There are too many more important things and too many good people here to concentrate on.

I hope everyone can find a few simple slivers of awesomeness every day no matter the chaos surrounding them.

The lockout.

Why is it awesome? Because everyone here (save political thread), has not had to defend hockey loyalties and get grumpy with each other. There has been a lot more talking about life and the things that matter, and whether they be great or nervewracking, the amount of trust here in the details of the stories lately is very telling. Maybe some people already felt this way, but in a strange little way this has turned into more of a therapy group, or friend network.

I'm happy that this can be an outlet, and I actually wish the best for everyone. We are missing a bunch of regulars, but I hope the game stays locked out so I can get it all out of my system and never have to get involved in a heated debate over a silly game. There are too many more important things and too many good people here to concentrate on.

I hope everyone can find a few simple slivers of awesomeness every day no matter the chaos surrounding them.

Cool.

The lockout.

<snip>

*weep*

moving, man. very moving.

in other awesomeness, four-guy road trip from SLC to Las Vegas for a Tragically Hip show at the House of Blues on Saturday. Leaving early in the morning, rolling in to town around noon-ish, checking out the mafia museum, taking in the Hip, and staying at Mandalay Bay (luckily where the HoB is situated). Getting up Sunday, poking around Vegas (metaphorically speaking ...), then heading home.

Sweet.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

The lockout.

Agreed.

...and as far as political threads go, that one can hardly be classified as grumpy either.

did ... she just proposition the entire group?

:lol:

Two people I work with convinced a third that he was too drunk to drive home after the company holiday party last night. One drove his car and the other followed them. 50 miles each way to make sure he got home safely. That's awesome.

What's the most awesome part: that they didn't let him drive drunk, or that the two of them taking the initiative meant you didn't have to get involved? :P

The lockout.

Well said.

Fark all of you. ;)

Like...all at the same time?

The lockout.

I've said before that this forum is unlike any I've ever known. It really is a community in the best sense, that even if we don't agree with someone for the most part we all get along. It is the most intelligent forum I've found, and we all do our best to protect it from the dregs of the Internet.

This place is quite an anomaly.

Like...all at the same time?

I've said before that this forum is unlike any I've ever known. It really is a community in the best sense, that even if we don't agree with someone for the most part we all get along. It is the most intelligent forum I've found, and we all do our best to protect it from the dregs of the Internet.

This place is quite an anomaly.

Aside question: Would you classify RIT as awesome? I went to UR, so I have my biases. :nana: My nephew interviewed at both places yesterday. It has been hard to talk up RIT for obvious reasons. :)

Aside question: Would you classify RIT as awesome? I went to UR, so I have my biases. :nana: My nephew interviewed at both places yesterday. It has been hard to talk up RIT for obvious reasons. :)

as a fellow RIT Alum with D4rk: I would say RIT is awesome as long as you find the right on campus activities for yourself. I absolutely loved my 5.5 years at the school.

I liked RIT. Loved it, no. It was a good school but I left it feeling like I could have gotten a very similar education at a state school. I'm a unique case though, so it's probably hard to generalize my opinions. Results may vary. :lol:

I liked RIT. Loved it, no. It was a good school but I left it feeling like I could have gotten a very similar education at a state school. I'm a unique case though, so it's probably hard to generalize my opinions. Results may vary. :lol:

I believe that for almost anywhere. I think school choice matters more in the quality of classmates/people and extra-curricular stuff.

The lockout.

What you said ... :wub: .