Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Since moving to Athens (Roughly 1hour 30mins from Atlanta) I have noticed that when ordering things from Amazon, their estimated arrival time has been as much as a week higher than actual shipping time. Why is this awesome? Well I pre-ordered COD Black Ops II and because I am not losing my mind about it, I selected the standard shipping which is free on amazon. Estimated arrival time was late next week (wed-fri, 21-23) and it would ship out sometime yesterday(Tues 13). Well I get the confirmation it shipped and so this morning out of curiosity I check the tracking number, it is already in Athens. So it is freaking awesome that Amazon has a warehouse and facility in Atlanta because now my estimated arrival date is tomorrow! I think Friday I may take a half day and go on a long awaited Zombie Hunt :flirt:

Girlfriend posted this on my wall today:

:lol:

Apparently he's actually a goalie.

LOL definitely awesome.

Edit: related to that, did anyone else know that he voiced 1/2 of The Ambiguously Gay Duo (and who voiced the other half)??

10. “Partners” in Justice

The Ambiguously Gay Duo, a cartoon that debuted on “The Dana Carvey Show,” and eventually made it’s way over to “Saturday Night Live,” followed the adventures of crime fighting team Ace and Gary. The spandex clad duo worked together to take down evil… and raise eyebrows.  Carell voiced the part of Gary, but you’ll likely recognize Ace as well. That assured baritone belongs to Carell’s fellow Second City alum, Stephen Colbert.

From here: http://www.secondcitynetwork.com/words/12-things-you-didnt-know-about-second-city-alum-steve-carell/

Edited by biodork

Edit: related to that, did anyone else know that he voiced 1/2 of The Ambiguously Gay Duo (and who voiced the other half)??

When I found the answer to this one at some point last year, I was shocked. It's interesting to go back and see some of the stuff those two worked on over the years. And I guess you could say the same about a lot of people in the comedy field.

I'm not sure I understand.

It sounds like they're basically buying the distressed debt (like a debt collector would), then forgiving said debt rather than attempting to collect it. I'd hope this is going towards people who are defaulting due to a pretty legitimate hardship (Sandy damage, job loss, medical expenses, etc), but the idea is sheer brilliance.

In case you’ve wondered, buying debt is a relatively cheap business investment. A few hundred dollars will buy thousands of dollars of debt. It’s then the responsibility (and usually pleasure) of the new owner to hound and harass the debt holder for the balance, all while collecting interest as pure profit.

While it is not really celebrated like January 1st today is *First of Muharram* on the Islamic calendar.

So, Happy New Year to me and any others who are celebrating in some way.

The first day of the Islamic year 1434.

It has been 1434 years since the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the earliest Muslims migrated to what is now Medina from Mecca.

While it is not really celebrated like January 1st today is *First of Muharram* on the Islamic calendar.

So, Happy New Year to me and any others who are celebrating in some way.

The first day of the Islamic year 1434.

It has been 1434 years since the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the earliest Muslims migrated to what is now Medina from Mecca.

Saale no mobaarak! The internet tells me that's right, hoepfully I didn't call you a son of a motherless goat. :)

Edited by MattPie

Saale no mobaarak! The internet tells me that's right, hoepfully I didn't call you a son of a motherless goat. :)

Well, if I were Zoroastarian, or from Iran and it was not today, your greeting would work. The Internet is not always your friend.

That said, it's all about intention, and yours was very good, the way I look at it. So, thank you. :wub:

Well, if I were Zoroastarian, or from Iran and it was not today, your greeting would work. The Internet is not always your friend.

That said, it's all about intention, and yours was very good, the way I look at it. So, thank you. :wub:

It was close enough then? :)

Heh, inconceivable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CP-RQkeXkf8

After working my 7th day in a row, I got to come home to a rare treat: Jo cooked dinner. She made something called Belgian pot roast, which was basically pot roast with Ommegang BPA in it. Brilliant. Kicking back with a few beers now and watching V for Vendetta. I needed a nice night like this.

I STILL need to see that movie, but Netflix streaming says no.

I'm reluctant to break down and buy it on iTunes. But I really do want to see it.

Dammit.

rentable for $4.00. just a thought. and it's well worth the $4.00. well, actually it'd be well worth the $20 to outright buy it. it's an awesome movie.