Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Job offers.

Recieved a very enticing job offer yesterday. It isn't ideally what I'd like to be doing, but it is with a good compnay at a very competitive rate of pay. I have notified the other companies that I am interested in of the offer. I have until close-of-business Wednesday to make a decision. We'll see if I get any other bites now. Feels good to have the monkey of my back.

Congrats!!

Thanks all.

Not nearly as well as hoped. I am more convinced than ever that he has social development issues. He is not doing very well in schol either. He's not an undo headache for us, but it isn't the happy, exciting experience we'd hoped for. I feel bad for the kid. I assume his parents forced him here. He'd be better off at home but his parents want him to finish the school year. Chinese culture is based heavily on the concept of shame. It would shame him and the family if he went home. Neither him, nor the family want to admit that he isn't cut out for this and should come home.

That's too bad... I'd been meaning to ask about this as well.

I'm guessing it's more about the individual than a particular cultrue. Some people love being thrown into something completely different, some people want to do the same thing every day of their lives.

It is definitely this individual. Like I said, I am fairly sure he has social development issues. Smart kid. But so withdrawn it is painful. I'm sure the change in culture isn't helping any, but there are 5 other exchange students from China in his class and they have all adjusted very well.

I wasn't getting any updates on the shipping of my big christmas present purchase of the year, so I was a bit worried that it might not make it on time. It was an order I placed on Thursday. I just got an email now that not only has it been shipped, but it is actually out for delivery this morning. Awesome.

I wasn't getting any updates on the shipping of my big christmas present purchase of the year, so I was a bit worried that it might not make it on time. It was an order I placed on Thursday. I just got an email now that not only has it been shipped, but it is actually out for delivery this morning. Awesome.

A $400 package and they just left it outside on the doorstep in a city neighborhood. Morons. Oh we'll, it is here.

After all the crap I've had to deal with this year, and a mere 4 months after my boss told me maybe it was best for us to part ways, I just left his office with a promotion to VP of Sales & Marketing, a nice raise, and half of a bonus I earned that he refused to give me a few months ago. The extra money will definitely come in handy now that my mom, dad, and step mom are all unemployed (only my dad is receiving unemployment).

I thought 2011 was horrible and 2012 had been worse up until about 15 minutes ago. Hopefully this continues trending upward for 2013.

That's great news.

=====

Update ...

My meeting yesterday afternoon went extremely well.

I won't bore everyone with all the details, but it looks good for a final meeting with the Treasurer of the BOD ... it is a not-for-profit and the Executive of the BOD have been quite hands on. So, it looks like the Treasurer wants to make sure that things are handed off to someone who knows what they are doing.

I have no issues with this. Looks like, since the holidays are once again at our throats (Festivus for the rest of us ... I'm dusting off the aluminum pole, preparing my grievances to be aired and bulking up for the fits feats (damn auto correct) of strength ... :thumbsup: ) this meeting will be early in the new year. And I'm OK with that too.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

That's great news.

=====

Update ...

I won't bore everyone with all the details, but it looks good for a final meeting with the Treasurer of the BOD ... it is a not-for-profit and the Executive of the BOD have been quite hands on. So, it looks like the Treasurer wants to make sure that things are handed off to someone who knows what they are doing.

I have no issues with this. Looks like, since the holidays are once again at our throats (Festivus for the rest of us ... I'm dusting off the aluminum pole, preparing my grievances to be aired and bulking up for the fits feats (damn auto correct) of strength ... :thumbsup: ) this meeting will be early in the new year. And I'm OK with that too.

great news that the meeting went well. this sounds like a promising opportunity for you!! :beer:

I'm not normally a fan of Russell Brand (didn't even know he had a tv show), but this is pretty awesome:

http://youtu.be/OBA6qlHW8po

Should have asked the dude on the left about "They shall not shave their heads or let their locks grow long; they shall surely trim the hair of their heads." - Ezekiel 44:20

I love how he makes very salient points while mocking them with a smile. ("The Holy Spirit ain't got a pen!") :D

haha or his remarks about who is going to hell. I was rolling on the floor when he pointed out the little people in the front row, and brought them into the conversation.

Job offers.

Recieved a very enticing job offer yesterday. It isn't ideally what I'd like to be doing, but it is with a good compnay at a very competitive rate of pay. I have notified the other companies that I am interested in of the offer. I have until close-of-business Wednesday to make a decision. We'll see if I get any other bites now. Feels good to have the monkey of my back.

That's great news.

=====

Update ...

Awesome. Congrats gents (and you too, CSB).

Here's my bit of awesomeness: our dog, which we got as a puppy at the end of the summer, is totally housetrained and has been a great addition to the family. The kids absolutely love him, as does the wife, and I'm quite happy with him as well. Even though I generally am stuck with the before-bedtime walk, I've kinda grown to enjoy taking the air at night -- it's pretty pleasant and relaxing. Also, if my wife ever leaves me, the dog is a highly effective chick magnet.

Not sure if this fits in the 'awesome' thread or the compliant Thursday thread, but it looks like the Mayans oopsed this one. (That or the Spaniards massacring them had something to do with them not putting together the next calendar. :doh:) Yeah, I know it still could have been predicted on the west coast of Meh-e-co rather than the east coast, but we're into the 21st in the central timezone now; and that's close enough for me.

To all those that have gotten job offers / leads :thumbsup:.

Not sure if this fits in the 'awesome' thread or the compliant Thursday thread, but it looks like the Mayans oopsed this one. (That or the Spaniards massacring them had something to do with them not putting together the next calendar. :doh:) Yeah, I know it still could have been predicted on the west coast of Meh-e-co rather than the east coast, but we're into the 21st in the central timezone now; and that's close enough for me.

To all those that have gotten job offers / leads :thumbsup:.

But what if the world really did end and we're living in some sort of alternate reality?

Oh, wait. There's still a lockout. Nevermind.