Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I bought a grabber (the one for grabbing trash and not, ya know) and a rake today and made a conscious decision to buy American. Despite what people say about nothing being made in the U.S. anymore (which is bunk), I made both purchases relatively easily. I went to Valu for the rake and was surprised they had one made not only in the U.S. but in PA. I had to go online to find the grabber. I paid a bit more than I would have at Home Depot or Valu, but that's OK. I made America a little greater again.

I don't know about you gents, but there are several Saturdays a year when the weather is nice that I find nothing more awesome than going out in the morning, getting a coffee and going to Valu, listening to Car Talk on NPR along the way. Just pure American normalcy. Unadulterated consumption of caffeine, gasoline and gardening implements.

Edited by PASabreFan

Finished my first half marathon in 2 hours 1 minute and 57 seconds. Just off my 2 hour mini goal, but with the semester I wasn't able to stick to the training schedule I had (ran 2 days per week on average, instead of 3). But I feel pretty good.

Nice!

I will never attempt to do any such thing.

Finished my first half marathon in 2 hours 1 minute and 57 seconds. Just off my 2 hour mini goal, but with the semester I wasn't able to stick to the training schedule I had (ran 2 days per week on average, instead of 3). But I feel pretty good.

Very nice.

How long is a half marathon?

No matter ... if I ever am crazy enough to attempt such a thing I am confident that I would finish.  Yup.  It would take me just over 2 days, though, and not your 2 hours.

Very nice.

How long is a half marathon?

No matter ... if I ever am crazy enough to attempt such a thing I am confident that I would finish. Yup. It would take me just over 2 days, though, and not your 2 hours.

13.1 miles. I have full confidence you could do it in...1 day :p Edited by TrueBlueGED

I bought a grabber (the one for grabbing trash and not, ya know) and a rake today and made a conscious decision to buy American. Despite what people say about nothing being made in the U.S. anymore (which is bunk), I made both purchases relatively easily. I went to Valu for the rake and was surprised they had one made not only in the U.S. but in PA. I had to go online to find the grabber. I paid a bit more than I would have at Home Depot or Valu, but that's OK. I made America a little greater again.

I don't know about you gents, but there are several Saturdays a year when the weather is nice that I find nothing more awesome than going out in the morning, getting a coffee and going to Valu, listening to Car Talk on NPR along the way. Just pure American normalcy. Unadulterated consumption of caffeine, gasoline and gardening implements.

To the bold: I hate you

To the rest of that second paragraph, absolutely. I spend a lot of Saturday or Sunday mornings that way.

Congratulations! That's a good pace.

To the bold: I hate you

To the rest of that second paragraph, absolutely. I spend a lot of Saturday or Sunday mornings that way.

The crummy weather finally dropped into northern PA, that or the warm air decided to retreat south. Now we pay for almost a week for one nice day.

Congrats on the marathon, that's a solid average, under 10/mile, I can do it for maybe 3....did the corporate challenge 2 years ago 6k (3.5 miles) in 29:28 but I also thought I was gonna die all week and my legs were jello.

I walked 78 miles so far this week, on the torn meniscus (not following doctors orders) it's not quite the same as your run, but my dogs are barking.

Keep it going man!! And good luck

First softball game of the season yesterday. Double-header and we're 2-0. Bottom 7 of game 2 and we're down 9-8 and we walked it off with a 2 run jack. Wind helped the ball right into the center of the plate...and then right onto the hill across the street.

Edited by ubkev

I pretty much have no mechanical skills whatsoever.  I'm oddly pleased with myself for figuring out how to change out the drive line for the self-propel on my lawn mower this weekend without any guidance.  I usually can't do anything that calls for something beyond brute force.

What is also awesome is that on friday I had a big surface of patio pavers installed right next to the new screen porch and I finally got the grill back outside.  It's not so awesome though that the worker hit said brand new screen porch with something, punched a hole through the screen and gouged the wood frame.  They're paying to fix it, so basically it just winds up being a short term annoyance.

You owe it to yourself to get a new turntable my man.

Not Fragile was one of my first thrift store scores back in the day and still one of my favorites.

I'm going to build a record cleaning rig so I can get some of my dirty vinyl cleaned up. This new turntable is showing me just how much a clean record means for sound quality.

Found out my Fathers Day gift is going to be that turntable you got. Really looking forward to hearing some "deep tracks" that haven't been listened to in nearly 2 decades. I'll even have a rudimentary (& limited in total artists but w/ extensive catalogs) Buffalo based jazz collection again. :lol:

Guess the next necessary item to get will be a replacement of my 20+ year old receiver.

Found out my Fathers Day gift is going to be that turntable you got. Really looking forward to hearing some "deep tracks" that haven't been listened to in nearly 2 decades. I'll even have a rudimentary (& limited in total artists but w/ extensive catalogs) Buffalo based jazz collection again. :lol:

Guess the next necessary item to get will be a replacement of my 20+ year old receiver.

Nice!

Don't sweat the receiver. If it was a good receiver then it'll be a good receiver now. I have a ten year old Sony that I consider modern but to be honest I wish I still had my old Technics SA-200.

Nice!

Don't sweat the receiver. If it was a good receiver then it'll be a good receiver now. I have a ten year old Sony that I consider modern but to be honest I wish I still had my old Technics SA-200.

The house getting hit by lightning and another near strike has left the receiver slightly wonky through the years.

Though the main point of getting the turntable will be to burn the albums to .WAV files to increase my ability to listen to the albums in places other than the living room & the deck. (1st or 2nd Fathers Day gift was a pair of outdoor speakers & the joy of spending the entire day crawling around in the attic over insulation on a 95 degree day running the auxilliary speaker wires out to the deck. Good times.)

Though after nearly 2 decades, just getting to listen to them will be a treat.

The house getting hit by lightning and another near strike has left the receiver slightly wonky through the years.

Though the main point of getting the turntable will be to burn the albums to .WAV files to increase my ability to listen to the albums in places other than the living room & the deck. (1st or 2nd Fathers Day gift was a pair of outdoor speakers & the joy of spending the entire day crawling around in the attic over insulation on a 95 degree day running the auxilliary speaker wires out to the deck. Good times.)

Though after nearly 2 decades, just getting to listen to them will be a treat.

I'm curious what you plan to convert to digital. Is it stuff that simply doesn't exist outside of your vinyl pressings?