Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

It all makes sense now....

Yeah, I don't hate 'em, but I don't love 'em, either. You should check out at least the description of the dog in question, given your affinity for the SPCA, you might be heartened to see how a disabled dog was adopted and is being cared for.

Edited by Eleven

Yeah, I don't hate 'em, but I don't love 'em, either. You should check out at least the description of the dog in question, given your affinity for the SPCA, you might be heartened to see how a disabled dog was adopted and is being cared for.

I checked out the whole shebang.

My aunt had a cat that was a wobbler. Took him 2 minutes to get down the driveway and he was dizzy, but he got there.

My college education is officially paid in full. Of course, those bills now get replaced with ring payments, but hey, one step closer.

And then you get a mortgage.

And then you have another college education (or 2 or 3 or whatever).

And then you have ...

But, hey, eventually you get to die. :unsure:

PS - Congrats on the wedding. :beer:

And then you have ...

Great. Our own Merle Travis.

At the risk of sending this off on a "good ol' days tangent".....NHL Network is currently replaying game 1 of the 06 playoff series against the Flyers. It's about halfway through right now, so anybody at home (or in an exceedingly awesome workplace) can catch the second half.

I watched it last night -- great stuff.

That 2005-'06 team was my favorite Sabres team since the French Connection era. So fast, so deep, such a great mix of youth, skill, grit and grown-up leadership...the promise seemed endless.

Drury-Grier-Roy

Briere-Dumont-Hecht

TC-Max-Kotalik

Gaustad-Pommer-Vanek (as the 4th line!!)

Tallinder-Lydman

McKee-Soupy

Teppo-Kalinin

A team like that just doesn't come along very often.

And then you have ...

She has told me about what wedding gifts wind up being like in her family and it makes me think of the paper bag in Goodfellas. So I'm at least looking forward to that... of course that will burn up quickly too.

A team like that just doesn't come along very often.

So what you really mean to say is.....the coaching sucked. :P

She has told me about what wedding gifts wind up being like in her family and it makes me think of the paper bag in Goodfellas. So I'm at least looking forward to that... of course that will burn up quickly too.

She's Italian?

Haha!

Well then divorce is out of the question........except you already have a bum knee if I recall.....so they'll probably just take a few fingers and put your nads in a vice.

Enjoy the pizzelles at the reception.

The Islamic month of Ramadan, which starts at sunset today. This month is a wonderful way for a Muslim to re-focus and evaluate.

The first day of fasting is tomorrow. As part of my fast during this Holy month I fast from all non-essential Internet and Bosnian coffee. Not only for the fasting period of true dawn to sunset, but the entire day for the entire month.

Therefore, I will see you all when Ramadan ends at sunset on Friday, August 17, 2012.

I dare say some members would say that my fasting from SabreSpace is awesome.

Due to the timing of the moon phases Ramadan ended up being 30 days this year and ended at sunset yesterday.

Another awesome thing ... Eid al Fitr. The three day celebration at the end of Ramadan. A great time to be with family and friends.

Well, see you then! Hope you have a wonderful Ramadan!

Just think, next time we see you, we'll be less than two months away from hockey! (barring a....lockout....)

Thank you. It was. The fasting was difficult at times due to the heat and humidity, but that made it more enriching. Since Allah knows everything, I will admit that I cheated a few times on the hottest days. I will make up for it during this month, as the fasting is not to bring hardship.

You had to go and say it before I got the chance. :censored:

:wub: ...

... :w00t: .

Got promoted in late January and lost my days off (Sunday, Monday) the week before the Superbowl. OK, that sucked, but after 7 months of being #1 on the list to get them back, I finally got em! Just in time for the regular season and just in time for my Sunday night hockey league! Oh yes, life is good.

Got promoted in late January and lost my days off (Sunday, Monday) the week before the Superbowl. OK, that sucked, but after 7 months of being #1 on the list to get them back, I finally got em! Just in time for the regular season and just in time for my Sunday night hockey league! Oh yes, life is good.

So funny, just because my new girl "friend" today: Do you always answer your phone? Does it always blow up like that? Do you get a day off?

Yes, yes, no.

I was hanging out with a friend of mine who I know to be very smart and very quick. I said "Tell me a joke, quick!"

Without batting an eye he says, "Abraham is sitting at a bar. A Priest, a Rabbi, and an Imam walk in. Abraham tells the bartender, these guys are on me."

I was hanging out with a friend of mine who I know to be very smart and very quick. I said "Tell me a joke, quick!"

Without batting an eye he says, "Abraham is sitting at a bar. A Priest, a Rabbi, and an Imam walk in. Abraham tells the bartender, these guys are on me."

A Phyllis Diller classic, on the day of her passing...

The other day, Fang (her pet name for her husband) took the kids out for juice and cookies. Of course the kids were all excited.

[pause]

They never donated blood before.

Ba dum bump....... tshh

Edited by weave

A Phyllis Diller classic, on the day of her passing...

The other day, Fang (her pet name for her husband) took the kids out for juice and cookies. Of course the kids were all excited.

[pause]

They never donated blood before.

Ba dum bump....... tshh

Diller also said once that she had a big sex drive...

...because her boyfriend lived 40 miles away.

double cymbal hit

Virginia Beach. Seeing DC. Down to Earth with a fun side. I need to do this more often.

If you're in the mood for German food and great beer, The Bier Garden in Portsmouth VA is fantastic. I was supposed to be down there this week but my trip got cancelled. :(