Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I love her in one photo and hate her in the next. What's her problem? :)

:lol:

I was just going to say that! She's one of those shapeshifters. In one photo she is beyond beautiful, in the next she looks like a killer clown.

Her current haircut sucks though. I saw her in some of her promotional stuff for TDKR and she's got ridiculously short hair going right now. I've never been a fan of that. I'm assuming she has it for her next role in Les Miserables.

Yea, there's very few women who can pull off short hair IMO (Halle Berry, for example) and it's certainly not doing Anne any favors...but I'd get over it pretty quick.

I love her in one photo and hate her in the next. What's her problem? :)

:lol:

I was just going to say that! She's one of those shapeshifters. In one photo she is beyond beautiful, in the next she looks like a killer clown.

I too noticed this...and this too is something I'd get over mighty quick if given the opportunity ;)

Yea, there's very few women who can pull off short hair IMO (Halle Berry, for example) and it's certainly not doing Anne any favors...but I'd get over it pretty quick.

Hair grows back. Natalie Portman had her scary V for Vendetta phase, but if it produces a good movie then so be it.

Helped a buddy move last weekend and he gave me his old 40" LCD TV that he claimed didn't work. Said he figured I could fix it if I wanted.

So far it works fine except for not always wanting to turn on. Problem solved by turning the power strip off and on again a few times. Bought an HDMI cable on Amazon and now I'm running it as a second monitor.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

giv

Helped a buddy move last weekend and he gave me his old 40" LCD TV that he claimed didn't work. Said he figured I could fix it if I wanted.

So far it works fine except for not always wanting to turn on. Problem solved by turning the power strip off and on again a few times. Bought an HDMI cable on Amazon and now I'm running it as a second monitor.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

give it up for freebies!

giv

give it up for freebies!

I almost feel bad. The TV obviously has a few issues, but they seem easily overcome. But I suppose it was fair compensation for my moving services which consisted of my tireless effort and multiple loads in my Suburban. :flirt:

PBS. Other than sports, I probably watch it more than anything else (well, it might be a tie between Adult Swim). I know their shows are formulaic, but they work for me, and their show on the War of 1812 was awesome.

Longmire on A+E. The music reminds me of Neil Youngs guitar playing in the movie Dead Man.

There were 5 cop cars in the parking lot as I got to work this morning. I knew I'd have an email waiting for me that explained the whole thing. It turns out that they arrested some guy who was breaking into cars and also came into the building and stole packages from the mail area. The best part is that this moron was doing all of this at the same time as people were showing up for work. This is hilariously stupid. I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to break into cars while all the other cars are pulling into the garage.

giv

give it up for freebies!

My uncle who also lives down here near Raleigh is in a neighborhood with a lot of Indian and Pakastani neighbors. He is contantly picking up "broken" yard equipment, vaccuum cleaners etc. from these people in the trash. These items are usually nearly brand new and only need a new spark plug, air filter or something else to "fix" them. I guess if you are middle class over there you have servants to do all that stuff for you, so when they come over here even though many of them are brilliant scientists and engineers, they don't have even the vaugest idea as to how to perform simple fixes.

There were 5 cop cars in the parking lot as I got to work this morning. I knew I'd have an email waiting for me that explained the whole thing. It turns out that they arrested some guy who was breaking into cars and also came into the building and stole packages from the mail area. The best part is that this moron was doing all of this at the same time as people were showing up for work. This is hilariously stupid. I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to break into cars while all the other cars are pulling into the garage.

We had a guy breaking into cars in our neighborhood a few weeks ago. The police happened to roll by at like 2:30 in the morning and caught him going through a neighbors car, they ended up chasing him down our cul de sac and through my backyard, right past my man cave and into the woods. I wish I would have left the light off at the cave that night because he probably would have ran directly into it with no light on. He got some computers, gps and other valuable from some of the neighbors, but I always lock my truck and my wife parks the van in the garage. Most of the neighbors got their stuff back since he ended up ditching most of it in the woods behind my house as he was fleeing, they didn't catch him though.

Yesterday. Yesterday was fracking awesome weather-wise. We hit a flea market in the AM for a couple hours then went to a fundraising benefit in the afternoon. They had 3 bands playing outside at the benefit. Got to enjoy some decent live music outside on what may have been the most glorious day so far this Summer. Made and ate dinner out on the deck afterward, and loitered on the deck until about 9pm. Did NOT want to go in when the time came. Didn't want to admit that the beautiful day finally came to an end.

Haha. I love stupid criminal stories. Awhile back I read about a guy who just got out on parole, but left some personal effects behind. So what does he do? He steals a car to go get them. Brilliant!

Yesterday. Yesterday was fracking awesome weather-wise. We hit a flea market in the AM for a couple hours then went to a fundraising benefit in the afternoon. They had 3 bands playing outside at the benefit. Got to enjoy some decent live music outside on what may have been the most glorious day so far this Summer. Made and ate dinner out on the deck afterward, and loitered on the deck until about 9pm. Did NOT want to go in when the time came. Didn't want to admit that the beautiful day finally came to an end.

That is awesome and it is a big part of what I miss about WNY. I'm so sick of the summer here already and there is at least another 6 weeks of insanely hot, humid weather to go. Fall is my favorite season down here. Mid 70's to low 80's with low humidity during the days and cool, crisp nights watching the Sabres outside by the fire.

Of course. I'm really trying to figure out how they're going to make 3 movies out of a few hundred pages.

Tolkien wrote hundreds of pages of additional prose about those places, characters and events, much of which can be found in the appendices of the LOTR...much of that backstory will be woven into the Hobbit film. If they were sticking only to the strict narrative of that particular book, I would agree with you...but to the delight of most of us they are expanding the scope of the story significantly. I for one am super-happy about this.

Bah. I loved Tolkien's books, but this smells like a money grab to me.

The LOTR Trilogy started out as a two-film treatment in its early stages also, before they decided to expand it into a trilogy. Of course, it hadn't already been filmed at that time...but I have confidence in PJ to make the right decision for the sake of the story, and not just the box office.

I think starting out the day with a good laugh is awesome. Today that came true thanks to the 20-something year old I drove by on my way to work who was smoking a cigarette while out of for a jog. I don't know why, but stupid little things like that always get me.

I think starting out the day with a good laugh is awesome. Today that came true thanks to the 20-something year old I drove by on my way to work who was smoking a cigarette while out of for a jog. I don't know why, but stupid little things like that always get me.

We always referred to that as sandbagging, although smoking during the actual cardio is a little much :lol:

That reminds me of the guy in college that I knew who would purposely go out and drink after he gave blood so he could get a buzz quicker / cheaper.