Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I really want to see Avengers 2 and Mad Max.  Good thing my hot friend who works at the movie theater is back home!  Free movies all summer 4 lyfe

Avengers 2 is good fun. Saw it with the lady friend a few weeks ago.

Also watched chick flick Age of Adeline which was a thoroughly enjoyable display of how beautiful Blake Lively is.

I've been wanting to see that in theatres because it just seems like the type of movie that's ten times better on the big screen... But I don't have that type of friend here in Buffalo haha.

See it at a matinee. Those show times are totally okay to go to alone.

I really want to see Avengers 2 and Mad Max.  Good thing my hot friend who works at the movie theater is back home!  Free movies all summer 4 lyfe

Mad Max is the first movie in a long time that I'm seeing for the second time tomorrow in under a week and in 3D. Loved it. I could go on for a long time (fan of the originals, of grit, gasoline, vehicles of all kinds and general wasteland themed mayhem) but I really gotta say, as a lady, finding myself rooting for women was a wonderful change of pace. Feminist manifesto? No, I don't believe so. Just enough women in decent roles that it feels subversive. Max and Furiosa seeing eye to eye and agreeing as equals on plans later in the movie... and no dumb romance between them. A+. 

But holy crap you're in for a fun ride. I would watch anything billed as Mad Max, and was pleasantly surprised that there was any depth at all besides awesome vehicles and violence! 

Avengers 2 was fun. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. Had a couple issues with it, but still worth a watch in theaters.

if you have not gone to see the new Mad Max movie all I can say is you have till this weekend to go see it. If you wait any longer you are only causing yourself future pain and suffering once you do see it and realize OMFG I could have seen this on a screen with a huge ass sound system that would have made my sphincter pucker up on every RPM rev and no one should have to suffer with that knowledge. Also after seeing the movie I predict you will be saying O WHAT A DAY WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Avengers 2 is good fun. Saw it with the lady friend a few weeks ago.

Also watched chick flick Age of Adeline which was a thoroughly enjoyable display of how beautiful Blake Lively is.

That movie came out the same week as avengers. I wonder how many people accidentally bought that ticket instead thinking it said age of ultron.

That movie came out the same week as avengers. I wonder how many people accidentally bought that ticket instead thinking it said age of ultron.

Never thought of that.

And is Mad Max out of theaters this weekend? If so then it's too late for me unfortunately. Sigh...

Never thought of that.

And is Mad Max out of theaters this weekend? If so then it's too late for me unfortunately. Sigh...

You've got time! It just came out last week.

Get some octane in your blood, brother. 

You've got time! It just came out last week.

Get some octane in your blood, brother.

I haven't heard one complaint about it yet.

If it's still in next Monday/Tuesday I'll go for it.

Edited by Hoss

We moved my gramma home yesterday after she was "rehabbing" her fractured pelvis at the nursing facilities for 4 months (we tried 4 different places, all had sucky care).

Her mobility is only slightly worse than it was before the break, and she's much happier to be back home with us.  It's a load off of our minds when we aren't constantly worried about her quality of life.

Also, my step sister is home from school and we've been playing lots of music.  It's so nice to have somebody close to jam with.  We'll probably play a few coffee houses this month.

Sort of bummed by the selections for Memorial Day on the tube, so I put on King of Queens on TVland.

Not sure if it was planned, but they have some Anne Meara episodes with Jerry Stiller. I'm assuming it's an employee more than earning their paycheck. Awesome.

A truly awesome show. I once told a fellow Seinfeld fanatic that I thought The King of Queens was as good as Seinfeld. It wasn't a well thought out opinion (go figure), and I heard her wrath. But I think it was close. I loved some of the tender, sweet endings that came out of nowhere.

Ghost, you're an old soul. Did you ever see any clips of Anne and Jerry as husband and wife comedy duo? I was going to look some up.

A truly awesome show. I once told a fellow Seinfeld fanatic that I thought The King of Queens was as good as Seinfeld. It wasn't a well thought out opinion (go figure), and I heard her wrath. But I think it was close. I loved some of the tender, sweet endings that came out of nowhere.

Ghost, you're an old soul. Did you ever see any clips of Anne and Jerry as husband and wife comedy duo? I was going to look some up.

I think one of the reasons I will probably always be a bachelor is that I'm looking for my Anne Meara. You saw her and Betty White still sharp and active all these years.....and you can't help but say..."sexy!". She took care of that little funny bastard.

I was debating pulling up some old videos, or reading your Dad's war story again.

By the way, anyone who wants to read something awesome.....

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20923-things-that-are-awesome/?p=587375

I think one of the reasons I will probably always be a bachelor is that I'm looking for my Anne Meara. You saw her and Betty White still sharp and active all these years.....and you can't help but say..."sexy!". She took care of that little funny bastard.

I was debating pulling up some old videos, or reading your Dad's war story again.

thanks for linking this. Somehow I missed when this was originally posted. Also thanks to Joseph F Zampogna for his service and willingness to put to paper his experiences with his sons help and encouragement of course

thanks for linking this. Somehow I missed when this was originally posted. Also thanks to Joseph F Zampogna for his service and willingness to put to paper his experiences with his sons help and encouragement of course

I wasn't in a reflective enough of a mood to read it again tonight and do it service. It really is a smooth read. I think I was serving my own time in the penalty box and couldn't do a review on the board.

Thank you for re-visiting the post Drane.  Made my day.

Thank You PA for the original post!

And a very special THANK YOU to Mr. Zampogna!

My back yard.

All spring we've been digging and planting. Rose bushes, rhododendrons, hydrangeas, digging up stumps, filling in holes, you name it.

Now I'm sitting here, on the back patio, having a beer. Everything is in bloom and the yard is F'n beautiful. Awesome.

New toys are awesome.  

I managed to convince the wife to let me buy another smoker.  Our son graduates from high school in June.  We're hosting the party in our backyard, and of course, we're catering it ourselves.  We're billing it as Porkapalooza.  And, conveniently enough, the old smoker isn't big enough to do this without multiple cook sessions and lots of freezer bags.  So, seems like a good time to convince the wife that an upgrade in size is in order. Bought a Brinkmann vertical smoker.  The cooking chamber is 20" in diameter and 50" tall.  5 shelves.  She should hold 10 pork shoulders easily.  It's got meat hooks on the top to hang sausages or hams, so I got that in my future.  And I purchased an aftermarket gasket and latch kit to improve the seal.  Can't wait to light her up this weekend.

20150526_201707_zpskjy0mc4g.jpg