Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

These guys over here doing Regular Car Reviews. http://www.youtube.com/user/RegularCars

It's the poor man's Top Gear -the Top Gear where they review the car you could afford-, and it's really, really good. And funny.

Easily my favorite thing in the world of cars right now. Mr Regular is just great. And awful.

So you can get super nintendo games like Donkey Kong and Mario and probably Mega Man on an app for android (and most likely apple too). Definitely awesome

Are they even remotely playable on a phone?  If I'm playing those games, I want the old controller in my hand.

Are they even remotely playable on a phone?  If I'm playing those games, I want the old controller in my hand.

You flip your phone sideways and it has the old buttons of the controller. Completely the same, though DK I hear is a little harder button wise

You flip your phone sideways and it has the old buttons of the controller. Completely the same, though DK I hear is a little harder button wise

How about when you hit two buttons at the same time?  I'm trying to picture making Mario jump while he's sprinting but not being able to feel those buttons beneath your thumb.  It's the little things, the exact distance between those buttons is something that is so engraved in my mind.

How about when you hit two buttons at the same time?  I'm trying to picture making Mario jump while he's sprinting but not being able to feel those buttons beneath your thumb.  It's the little things, the exact distance between those buttons is something that is so engraved in my mind.

That's the problem with DK as well, holding two buttons down. I haven't tried it yet, my buddy had it, but I'm gonna download it tonight and check it out. 

That's the problem with DK as well, holding two buttons down. I haven't tried it yet, my buddy had it, but I'm gonna download it tonight and check it out. 

Do you ever actually use the second button in Donkey Kong?  I thought it only used a button for jumping.  Oh, and thanks to this discussion, I know have that game's music stuck in my head.

Do you ever actually use the second button in Donkey Kong?  I thought it only used a button for jumping.  Oh, and thanks to this discussion, I know have that game's music stuck in my head.

IIRC you use the left pad to double-tap and sprint, but they don't have that option on the phone so they make you hold y down to sprint.

Oh and you're welcome  :D

IIRC you use the left pad to double-tap and sprint, but they don't have that option on the phone so they make you hold y down to sprint.

Oh and you're welcome  :D

You can't be talking about the original Donkey Kong then.  That was as basic as it gets.  That and there was no Y button.

Our city hall is freaking awesome. At night driving north on the 190 it looks like something out of the Batman cartoon in the 90's:

00d2679c6d857f3f1d61fbcb48007909.jpg

Looks like the Bat Signal should be coming out of that thing.

2505711115_fa414eb80e.jpg

Buffalo's City Hall is among the country's -- world's? -- most awesome. And part of its beauty is that most city halls are utilitarian affairs.

I watched this video a while back as part of helping my kid with her local civics homework. I love the line from the tour guide: Buffalo's City Hall "is like opening your mail with a guild dagger from Sweden." 

For reference, this is my city hall (Fort Worth)

12446470203_f066644fb4.jpg

Frankly, it's kind of embarrassing.  Ugh, what an ugly building.

Blech. Sorry.

Buffalo's City Hall is among the country's -- world's? -- most awesome. And part of its beauty is that most city halls are utilitarian affairs.

I watched this video a while back as part of helping my kid with her local civics homework. I love the line from the tour guide: Buffalo's City Hall "is like opening your mail with a guild dagger from Sweden." 

Haha, that was pretty great

Philly City Hall:

300px-Philadelphia-CityHall-2006.jpg

Now THATs a city hall. Makes sense w/ Philly of course. Looked it up out of curiosity, it was built in the late 1800s, I would have assumed earlier. Pretty cool, though.

Blech. Sorry.

Periodically an idea is floated to move Fort Worth City Hall a few blocks south into the neo-classical Post Office building.  The Post Office was nearly closed a few years ago, getting a last minute reprieve.  But I bet the USPS would sell it at a good price to the city to use as a new (old) City Hall.  This photo isn't flattering; the building is quite beautiful.  And rather massive.

24773967.jpg