Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I had a really great night with my dad last night.  My mom is out of town visiting my sis and her family, so we had a guys' night.  Go-karting and steaks.  I did not think a man in his seventies could whip around in a go-kart like that.  (I still beat him, which has him annoyed even this morning.)  He had a little trouble getting out of the kart, but it was really fun.  I know these times won't last forever, but it's fun to have them now.

I had a really great night with my dad last night.  My mom is out of town visiting my sis and her family, so we had a guys' night.  Go-karting and steaks.  I did not think a man in his seventies could whip around in a go-kart like that.  (I still beat him, which has him annoyed even this morning.)  He had a little trouble getting out of the kart, but it was really fun.  I know these times won't last forever, but it's fun to have them now.

Nice.

Not trying to upstage you, X ...

Very Nice!!

I had a really great night with my dad last night. My mom is out of town visiting my sis and her family, so we had a guys' night. Go-karting and steaks. I did not think a man in his seventies could whip around in a go-kart like that. (I still beat him, which has him annoyed even this morning.) He had a little trouble getting out of the kart, but it was really fun. I know these times won't last forever, but it's fun to have them now.

:thumbsup:

I had a really great night with my dad last night. My mom is out of town visiting my sis and her family, so we had a guys' night. Go-karting and steaks. I did not think a man in his seventies could whip around in a go-kart like that. (I still beat him, which has him annoyed even this morning.) He had a little trouble getting out of the kart, but it was really fun. I know these times won't last forever, but it's fun to have them now.

So your back is fine for go karts but you can't digest a big steak? Not sure of that'd a good tradeoff.

I still like steak quite a bit but I don't like the big steakhouse meal with hash browns, creamed spinach, bread & butter, tomatoes and blue cheese, etc. anymore.  There's too much butter in everything and it's all too rich.  It's one of those meals that I prefer having at home. 

All the rain we've gotten in Texas is awesome.  The lakes are at near 100% for the first time in quite a while.  Currently riding out the second of three thunderstorms tonight.  Sadly a tornado popped down out of the first wave, leveling 3 homes and killing one person.  Basically the only reason I'm still up is to make sure we don't have to hide in the bathroom if another tornado pops up.

You may now call d4rk "D4rksabre, savior of helpless puppies"

Long story short, an idiot neighbor had locked their two shih-tzus out on their balcony and left (a good 6 hours before they came home). So, 90 degree heat and then thunderstorms, before the bigger one got up on the railing and fell off. Luckily he didn't appear to be hurt. The other one just desperately wanted cuddles. No shelter, food or water on that balcony. 

Us and a few of our neighbors kept an eye on him and got animal control involved, with d4rk leading the whole operation. He may loudly grump about small dogs, but he's a big ol' softie :P and I'm proud of him. 

Yes, those people suck, but we got to meet a few kind hearted neighbors, and that's never a bad thing. 

Love it. People's homes are being destroyed while those ###### are hamming it up for the camera.

Nice job with the puppies. I heard one searched for a nipple under your beard.

Re: the canoe. Sure, it's funny. But the comment made near the end by Katie Couric was a devastating tell on modern "journalism." She said something like, "Oh well the best laid plans..." What plan, Katie? To deceive the audience? Brian Williams yada yada yada. We've come so far from the days of trusting Uncle Walter — or believing that we could or should.

Nice job with the puppies. I heard one searched for a nipple under your beard.

Re: the canoe. Sure, it's funny. But the comment made near the end by Katie Couric was a devastating tell on modern "journalism." She said something like, "Oh well the best laid plans..." What plan, Katie? To deceive the audience? Brian Williams yada yada yada. We've come so far from the days of trusting Uncle Walter — or believing that we could or should.

I took Couric's comment to be a dig at the weather reporter.  It seemed to me like the hosts weren't ready for this local weather reporter--no doubt looking for something to enhance her clip tape--to show up in a canoe.  I definitely think they were laughing at her and not with her.

I don't really trust any TV news except for some of the local stuff on 2,4, and 7.  I'll keep getting real news from bbc.co.uk, which is...awesome.

You may now call d4rk "D4rksabre, savior of helpless puppies"

Long story short, an idiot neighbor had locked their two shih-tzus out on their balcony and left (a good 6 hours before they came home). So, 90 degree heat and then thunderstorms, before the bigger one got up on the railing and fell off. Luckily he didn't appear to be hurt. The other one just desperately wanted cuddles. No shelter, food or water on that balcony. 

Us and a few of our neighbors kept an eye on him and got animal control involved, with d4rk leading the whole operation. He may loudly grump about small dogs, but he's a big ol' softie :P and I'm proud of him. 

Yes, those people suck, but we got to meet a few kind hearted neighbors, and that's never a bad thing. 

Awesome indeed (d4rk, not the owners).  One of the guys down my street is forever leaving his beautiful Husky chained outside in their small yard for hours on end.  The poor thing just sits there on a picnic table, bored out of its mind.  I don't know if they leave food and water but it makes me sad.  Why even have pets if you aren't going to treat them like family?

Awesome indeed (d4rk, not the owners). One of the guys down my street is forever leaving his beautiful Husky chained outside in their small yard for hours on end. The poor thing just sits there on a picnic table, bored out of its mind. I don't know if they leave food and water but it makes me sad. Why even have pets if you aren't going to treat them like family?

It's surprising to me that the husky hasn't made an escape yet. Those critters are talented! I've seen them climb chain link fences before. Smart smart dog.

Awesome indeed (d4rk, not the owners).  One of the guys down my street is forever leaving his beautiful Husky chained outside in their small yard for hours on end.  The poor thing just sits there on a picnic table, bored out of its mind.  I don't know if they leave food and water but it makes me sad.  Why even have pets if you aren't going to treat them like family?

That's why I don't have a pup.  Working 40 hours a week the poor thing would stuck in my apartment most of it's life and that isn't fair.  

It's surprising to me that the husky hasn't made an escape yet. Those critters are talented! I've seen them climb chain link fences before. Smart smart dog.

Now that would be something to see!

That's why I don't have a pup.  Working 40 hours a week the poor thing would stuck in my apartment most of it's life and that isn't fair.  

Same here... much as I badly want another dog, it wouldn't be fair to get one right now when I can't spend enough time at home.

Just watched a guy stroll into a full lab, walk up to the fan circulating air through the room, and drag it next to himself and point it only at him. He took so long to do it, and everyone just silently watched him. I'm dying right now :D

Edited by WildCard