F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

:lol:

Reminds me of when I was in undergrad. We were walking back home at about 7am when this guy walking at a brisk pace with arms outstretched like a plane passes us and gets about 50 ft in front of us. At this point he tilts his wings and turns sharply across the street when he's even with a street sign. (Turned so sharp, he must have been a harrier.)

Well, he stops at the sign and appears to be talking to the sign for a minute or so. He puts his arms back down to his side and, though we don't know what the sign said to him, it apparently scared the bejebus out of him 'cause he took off like a bat out of hell towards the dorms.

We were always careful after that to never piss that sign off ourselves. ;)

:w00t: Meth. Not even once.

Tbh I used to pretend I was an airplane when I was little- I'd wear black and tell people I was an F-117 (i was utterly obsessed) and zoom around pretending no one could see me. But I guess it's more endearing when it's a little girl rather than a grown ass man!

:w00t: Meth. Not even once.

Tbh I used to pretend I was an airplane when I was little- I'd wear black and tell people I was an F-117 (i was utterly obsessed) and zoom around pretending no one could see me. But I guess it's more endearing when it's a little girl rather than a grown ass man!

Actually, back then it was more likely acid. ;)

And, after your story, why do I picture d4rk in a white suit and shouting in a French accent 'boss, ze plaane, ze plaane.' ;)

(Yeah, it was before your time, but that dumb show was in reruns for what seemed like forever.)

Well, it's been a rough week, both on the ice and off. But it's Friday, and my son is coming home tonight from his week-long class trip, which is about the best thing that can happen in my house.

And we finally seem to have a lengthy stretch of cool, fresh Fall weather here, which is great.

And I'm running in my first ever half-marathon on Sunday, which, if I finish it, will also be great.

Life is good. And it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Best of luck on the half! I just ran my first half and my first Tough Mudder over the summer. The feeling you get when you cross that finish line no matter the time is just amazing. The sense of completion! Best of luck!

Actually, back then it was more likely acid. ;)

And, after your story, why do I picture d4rk in a white suit and shouting in a French accent 'boss, ze plaane, ze plaane.' ;)

(Yeah, it was before your time, but that dumb show was in reruns for what seemed like forever.)

Haha he's a little tall for that....

Going to the NC State- Syracuse football game tomorrow with a huge NY contingent. I don't really root for either team, but the tailgating should be fun.

Nice!

Missouri V Georgia tomorrow. After watching Maryland get owned by FSU, I get to go watch Georgia hopefully own Missouri. The GF's uncle has season tickets and he can't go so we are going for free. Pretty decent seats too. Go DAWGS!

Also next weekend I travel with my little Seminole to Clemson for FSU v. Clemson... the winner will emerge as a serious national title contender, GO NOLES!

Wife's out of town for the weekend so I'm flyin' solo with the kid. Her meds just kicked in and she's finally in bed. Time for a celebratory Manhattan, light a fire, and cry myself to sleep. Pretty good Friday, actually. F'N Fantastic.

Wife's out of town for the weekend so I'm flyin' solo with the kid. Her meds just kicked in and she's finally in bed. Time for a celebratory Manhattan, light a fire, and cry myself to sleep. Pretty good Friday, actually. F'N Fantastic.

:lol: Going to watch something on Lifetime?

Wow!!

8:00 PM in Halifax and nothing in the Friday thread ...

I'll bump it up to the top of the board.

Turned 49 on October 5th ...

Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today ...

That's pretty fantastic.

Carry on ...

Fantastic!!

And this was yeoman's work bumping the thread. Life goes on and wonders to be had.....