F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

you're the second person to recommend this to me...I think I am going to have to listen to this advice haha! thanks!

Solar Panels. Make the grid pay you!

If you need roofing solutions, look into aluminum roofing. You can get tax credits and it'll never have to be replaced, a real selling point when you consider that a new roof every ten years is like 6-10k depending on the size of the house.

Solar Panels. Make the grid pay you!

If you need roofing solutions, look into aluminum roofing. You can get tax credits and it'll never have to be replaced, a real selling point when you consider that a new roof every ten years is like 6-10k depending on the size of the house.

If the house wasn't set back and surrounded by dozens of trees, I'd consider solar panels.

aluminum roofing is one of the things we're looking into, but that may be down the road given the financial situation. just taking it one step at a time. First is gutting the place and making it livable. Roof will probably be in spring after tax returns bc in all honesty, it can last the winter.

Another beautiful Friday!! I'm taking my 4 month old son to the local indoor pool tomorrow for his first swim of his life. He starts his swimming lessons Wednesday so you have to keep him ahead of the curve you know? :P For those hardcore fans saying but wait, that's the season opener: yes, his swimming is at 630 and then I'm rushing him home to change him into his little Sabre shirt so him and daddy can watch the Sabres first regular season game ever together. Hopefully there will be so many more to come.....

I want to enjoy these early years as so many ppl have told us but I can't wait for him to be old enough to lace up a pair of skates.

Another beautiful Friday!! I'm taking my 4 month old son to the local indoor pool tomorrow for his first swim of his life. He starts his swimming lessons Wednesday so you have to keep him ahead of the curve you know? :P For those hardcore fans saying but wait, that's the season opener: yes, his swimming is at 630 and then I'm rushing him home to change him into his little Sabre shirt so him and daddy can watch the Sabres first regular season game ever together. Hopefully there will be so many more to come.....

I want to enjoy these early years as so many ppl have told us but I can't wait for him to be old enough to lace up a pair of skates.

now this is F'N Fantastic

Good lord this is adorable. Have an awesome time :)

Good stuff. Enjoy the time, he will be in kindergarten before you know it.

My son came home from the hospital at three days old to watch the Bills-Steelers game with his dad. You know the one where the Bills were at home playing the Steelers backups with a chance to make the playoffs but still lost? That was the last legit shot the Bills had at making it to the postseason. My son will turn nine this year. Ugghh.

So last week at Berkeley was great. Did some good science, worked in a neat, unique environment, irradiated the ###### out of some stuff, good times.

Just found out yesterday that I'm headed to Cape Canaveral for two weeks in October for an rf engineering project. Should be a good bit of work and a lot of fun. There's a launch scheduled during the time I'm down there, so I should get to watch that, and I should have enough free time to screw around and check out the Space Center, Rocket Garden, etc.

So last week at Berkeley was great. Did some good science, worked in a neat, unique environment, irradiated the ###### out of some stuff, good times.

Just found out yesterday that I'm headed to Cape Canaveral for two weeks in October for an rf engineering project. Should be a good bit of work and a lot of fun. There's a launch scheduled during the time I'm down there, so I should get to watch that, and I should have enough free time to screw around and check out the Space Center, Rocket Garden, etc.

That's awesome. I have a friend interning with NASA in Houston right now. She was in the control room with the Soyuz launch this week. From what I can tell, hanging around those guys is an amazing time. Checking out the Space Center should be a real treat. Enjoy!

This is my mental image of you now.

I've got a night of beer, hockey, and video games with my family and friends. Trying to wriggle my way out of work so I can relax a little bit earlier :beer:

Then Sunday my sister, my dad, and I are having a Breaking Bad finale party. I've been watching the show over and over since July now and I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's over.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Good stuff. Enjoy the time, he will be in kindergarten before you know it.

My son came home from the hospital at three days old to watch the Bills-Steelers game with his dad. You know the one where the Bills were at home playing the Steelers backups with a chance to make the playoffs but still lost? That was the last legit shot the Bills had at making it to the postseason. My son will turn nine this year. Ugghh.

I remember that game vividly. Has it been 9 years already??

Then Sunday my sister, my dad, and I are having a Breaking Bad finale party. I've been watching the show over and over since July now and I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's over.

I can't believe it's over on Sunday. I can't even imagine how it's going to end.

Got to play hooky from work yesterday and today with the bf since we took an overnight trip to Philly. Excellent time, including tasty drinks worthy of an update to the whiskey thread. Highly recommend Village Whiskey restaurant and Di Bruno Bros. grocery if anyone finds themself in the Rittenhouse Square area of Center City. Tomorrow night is dinner with friends, which should also be very nice.

Well, it's been a rough week, both on the ice and off. But it's Friday, and my son is coming home tonight from his week-long class trip, which is about the best thing that can happen in my house.

And we finally seem to have a lengthy stretch of cool, fresh Fall weather here, which is great.

And I'm running in my first ever half-marathon on Sunday, which, if I finish it, will also be great.

Life is good. And it beats the hell out of the alternative.

My GPS misdirected me on the way to a doc appt this morning. While that part sucked, as I wheedled around through the slums lost as could be, hurling cathartic yet unheard expletives at my phone, I saw some real characters that unwittingly brightened my day.

To the lady by the bus stop dancing better than I could ever dance in the oversized white shirt with a giant tiger face and fringe with beads with what looked like adult diapers and majorette boots- get it girl.

The man with his arms spread wide running across the busy street like an airplane, I don't know where you're going dude, but I hope you land safely.

TGIF.

My GPS misdirected me on the way to a doc appt this morning. While that part sucked, as I wheedled around through the slums lost as could be, hurling cathartic yet unheard expletives at my phone, I saw some real characters that unwittingly brightened my day.

To the lady by the bus stop dancing better than I could ever dance in the oversized white shirt with a giant tiger face and fringe with beads with what looked like adult diapers and majorette boots- get it girl.

The man with his arms spread wide running across the busy street like an airplane, I don't know where you're going dude, but I hope you land safely.

TGIF.

:lol:

Reminds me of when I was in undergrad. We were walking back home at about 7am when this guy walking at a brisk pace with arms outstretched like a plane passes us and gets about 50 ft in front of us. At this point he tilts his wings and turns sharply across the street when he's even with a street sign. (Turned so sharp, he must have been a harrier.)

Well, he stops at the sign and appears to be talking to the sign for a minute or so. He puts his arms back down to his side and, though we don't know what the sign said to him, it apparently scared the bejebus out of him 'cause he took off like a bat out of hell towards the dorms.

We were always careful after that to never piss that sign off ourselves. ;)

TGIF.

Just made me think of one of my all time favorite songs of optimism!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-H0uIH5HHQ