Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Brand spankin new, and the alignment is dead on. I had new tires put on before I went to Florida in August.

Hm. Weird. Noise at cruising speed is almost always wheel/tire related. It could be a wheel bearing but I'd expect to hear noise at lower speeds. Maybe the wear isn't serious enough for that yet, but if they've never been done then I'd think that would be the next place to look. 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Hm. Weird. Noise at cruising speed is almost always wheel/tire related. It could be a wheel bearing but I'd expect to hear noise at lower speeds. Maybe the wear isn't serious enough for that yet, but if they've never been done then I'd think that would be the next place to look. 

When my wife can't diagnose something just by sound I get nervous. She's a diagnostics Rain Woman. It's freakish. In the past 12 years she's hit on: serp belt, ball joint, wheel bearing, strut, vacuum seal, slipping synchromesh, bad clutch, sunroof motor....she's awesome. Me? I do trivial pursuit.... I'm freakin worthless.

• Haha (+1) 2

• SDS unlocked this topic

I swear this was locked until a few minutes ago!

So back in mid-August our crappy ex-employee quit with zero notice and had managed to convince my boss that myself and the one other co-worker here were the reason she left, where the truth was likely that she used us to pay for her to get a certification that allowed her to get a higher-paying job and she quit because she's an a-hole.  Last Friday I found out that apparently she left parting comments to the division continuing to claim we were the problem, and now I have to spend 3 full days next month attending "Crucial Conversations" training.

Yesterday I found out my boss secretly posted the position that last year she wanted to promote me into.

F this place.

Edited by biodork

The job within my division that I want more than anything else posted today.  This one was posted with a caveat, the person hired will be stationed in Richmond.  Even though literally none of the others are, or have ever been required to.  I can’t move to Richmond.  

FML. 

• Sad 1

Two weeks until the colonoscopy that was ordered by the surgeon that corrected my Labor Day surprise. I’ve had issues that I’ve been hiding from my wife since before my mother passed. Kicking the can down the road. I’m not going to worry too much. Life’s short whether your 46 or 86...or 106. 

• SDS locked this topic

I've had a nagging situation with my neck since the spring.  I just recently started PT for it and had a pretty crazy massage yesterday.  I know it'll be better after a while, but it's amazing how my neck is so tender right now that even just my collar touching the back of my neck hurts like hell.

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Went to buy cooking knives. Turns out cooking knives are unreal expensive. Turns out cooking supplies in general (utensils mostly) are unreal expensive

I'm sure serious cookeryists will argue, but the $15 knife I bought from IKEA is sufficient until you're really good. I'm not.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Went to buy cooking knives. Turns out cooking knives are unreal expensive. Turns out cooking supplies in general (utensils mostly) are unreal expensive

You can go cheap, but if you are serious about cutting stuff up you'll want to invest.  Cheap knives go dull fast and become really obnoxious to work with.  We have some Calpahlon that are holding up well.. but if I were doing it again I would buy this: https://www.misen.co/products/misen-chefs-knife

I have a few industry friends who swear by them.  ($65)

5 hours ago, WildCard said:

Walmart, dude. You don't need Pampered Chef.