Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Sent our 10 yr old chocolate lab into the vet last Friday to have a fatty tumor removed.  Found out the old boy has cancer.  Looks like it is on his liver, spleen, and has a cancerous tumor on one of the pads on his rear paw.  He's home getting spoiled while we figure out when is the right time to put him down.  He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.  But he's obviously not going to be with us much longer. 

He's been a fantastic companion.  He's the best damned dog I've ever encountered.  And is my wife's buddy.  He's her support when I'm traveling for work.  This is going to be hard.

I dig a grave in the back yard. The boys come over and we bury the dog with his favorite toys and I plant a tree with them. I find the process of digging the grave cathartic (not positive that's the right word but I hope you get me meaning). I always break down and cry as I'm digging. When I sit on the back deck and look out at the trees I'm flooded with fond memories and I'll never forget them. Losing my dogs have been the hardest experiences in my life. I pray I never have to bury a kid. In my experience getting a puppy helps with the grief. It sucks. I feel for you. I hope you are able to get through it relatively painlessly. Good luck. 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Sent our 10 yr old chocolate lab into the vet last Friday to have a fatty tumor removed.  Found out the old boy has cancer.  Looks like it is on his liver, spleen, and has a cancerous tumor on one of the pads on his rear paw.  He's home getting spoiled while we figure out when is the right time to put him down.  He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.  But he's obviously not going to be with us much longer. 

He's been a fantastic companion.  He's the best damned dog I've ever encountered.  And is my wife's buddy.  He's her support when I'm traveling for work.  This is going to be hard.

Very saddened to read that.

Our chocolate lab has been very fortunate in that the MASSIVE fat growths he has have always tested benign.  I truly hope the cancer doesn't lower your dog's quality of life for several years.

Good luck w/ it.

It's bittersweet that we see some light at the end of the tunnel in finding a home for my kid. 10 years is a long time to have been doing what my wife and I have been doing. I'll believe it when I see it.

I, too, think I might post this in tomorrow's thread.

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Over the entire course of the summer, and everything that's gone on, Erik Karlsson is, still, an Ottawa Senator

For now.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

Over the last two days I've seen at least 4 cars with dogs hanging out the driver side window.  The most recent one today was a golden, so pretty damn big dog to have on your lap while you're driving.  Cops would pretty much have to pull you over if they saw this, right?

I always thought that it would be very distracting (certainly far more than a cell phone) and should be punished accordingly. Regardless, I make sure to steer clear of those people once I spot them.

Very minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, but here goes.

Heat the house with a wood burning stove through the winter & buy wood.  Had delivery scheduled for Tuesday (had set a meeting that could have been held Tuesday to today to accomodate the delivery) get delayed until unknown date due to truck malfunction.  Which is fine - equipment breaks, the world is an imperfect place, so be it.  Get a phone message this AM around 8:30 stating the wood will be delivered tomorrow.  Immediately call back to say tomorrow won't work as I will not be available.  Get told that the message was wrong; the wood was coming this morning.  Said that wouldn't work unless they could guarantee it would be delivered by 11AM (due to needing to attend the aforementioned meeting that had been scheduled for today) as I needed to be present when it got delivered to make sure the wood wasn't in my driveway; and they guaranteed it would be delivered on time.  11AM, still no delivery, was told it would definitely be here within 15 minutes.  

Needless to say, it was delivered in the driveway.  So I now can't get to my parking spot and will have to be careful to pick up all the wood chips from the driveway or the snow thrower will get hosed this winter.  Yea!  Just what the doctor ordered, additional busywork to squeeze into an already overtight schedule.

Like mentioned, far more minor than most stories here, but annoying nonetheless.

Edited by Taro T

14 hours ago, ubkev said:

27 is too young to die. And my friends and I have done this too many times.

Sorry to hear about this.

My daughter was rejected from a home. It was the closest one available to us (hour and a half away). They're not equipped to deal with her. Somehow my wife and I are? Going to see another next Wednesday. Hopefully I won't be back in this thread in a week.

in our neighborhood, we have had someone stealing things out of people's cars at night.  hasn't been breaking into cars, but, has been taking advantage of people who have forgot to lock their doors.  we have a facebook group in our neighborhood and a few neighbors mentioned finding their car doors open in the morning and things missing.  i have a Nest doorbell with camera and decided to go through that notifications from that night and saw the person walk up my driveway, check the doors on my car and then walk away because i lock them every night.  anyway, i called the non-emergency line sheriff's office and told them about it and how several neighbors reported missing items from their cars.  he asked if i had anything stolen and i said no, but, i have a video clip of the culprit and asked if they would like to have it and he asked if you could clearly see the person's face, which i said no, and he said well there's nothing we can do about it then.

2 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

in our neighborhood, we have had someone stealing things out of people's cars at night.  hasn't been breaking into cars, but, has been taking advantage of people who have forgot to lock their doors.  we have a facebook group in our neighborhood and a few neighbors mentioned finding their car doors open in the morning and things missing.  i have a Nest doorbell with camera and decided to go through that notifications from that night and saw the person walk up my driveway, check the doors on my car and then walk away because i lock them every night.  anyway, i called the non-emergency line sheriff's office and told them about it and how several neighbors reported missing items from their cars.  he asked if i had anything stolen and i said no, but, i have a video clip of the culprit and asked if they would like to have it and he asked if you could clearly see the person's face, which i said no, and he said well there's nothing we can do about it then.

Gotta love those elected officials!

8 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

I mean, if they can't use the video to identify the guy then they're probably justified in turning down your offer. 

Next time just lie so they have to take a look ?

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I mean, if they can't use the video to identify the guy then they're probably justified in turning down your offer. 

Next time just lie so they have to take a look ?

yeah true, but, they could be able to at least get the person's approximate height and weight for starters.  but oh well.  that'll teach my neighbors to not lock their doors