Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

5 minutes ago, gris said:

Complaint: people who don't yield to traffic that is already in the circle.

Especially happens at Gates Circle. People on Delaware Avenue think they have right of way over anyone.

You are absolutely correct about Gates and people on Delaware and I am one of the worst offenders!  I will become more aware.

Happens at Niagara Square, too; people coming in from Niagara Street behave the same way.

Edited by Eleven

7 minutes ago, gris said:

Complaint: people who don't yield to traffic that is already in the circle.

Especially happens at Gates Circle. People on Delaware Avenue think they have right of way over anyone.

This is true and should be mentioned more often. Another one is who decided we needed stop signs at the entrance to the roundabouts on Richmond/Bidwell? Makes no sense at all.

I was about to use the office toaster oven when I was met by a huge pile of old office supplies that someone had abandoned.  For some reason, they decided to use the toaster oven as book stop for what had to have been about 50 paper folders.  immediately to the other side was a ton of old binders just randomly thrown all over the place.  Even touching the oven door, I could see that whole stack shake.  Not wanting to burn the office down, I needed to move those folders, but the stack of binders was going to go all over the place.  So I had to rebuild this person's entire pile of garbage, because the thought of an untoasted bagel was too much to bear.  Come on people, using an object whose entire purpose is generating heat to hold up a stack of paper?  You didn't really think that one through.  We actually had a kitchen fire two weeks ago too.

9 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Haha no. I was transitioning my plate from the silver G6 to the blue Subaru over the past month. I can see how the videos can make it seem like that, but nothing nefarious there.

I was kind of hoping I just helped you to discover a new act of sabotage from that winner of a neighbor you've got.  It makes me realize the awkward people who used to be nextdoor to us really weren't that bad after all.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was kind of hoping I just helped you to discover a new act of sabotage from that winner of a neighbor you've got.  It makes me realize the awkward people who used to be nextdoor to us really weren't that bad after all.

I would much prefer awkward loner neighbors to the current passive aggressive hostile acts flavor.

My mother gets meaner every time I see her. It's very disconcerting. I'm sure it's stress but all of her negative qualities are getting worse and worse. I'll leave it at that. But I will say that every time I visit home, about 2-3 days later I collapse in a nervous breakdown as I process it all. It's sort of eye opening, really- a few days around her after being away and I can pick and point out every single complex and insecurity I have and why I have them. And no, it's not the sort of thing I can sit down and talk to her about. 
At a time where we need to be pulling together, she's just lashing out and alienating us. 

She's downright mean to my dad. No wonder he won't retire. I would rather die on the road too over being belittled and barked at. 

Speaking of, it's good news I guess, my dad has an appointment at Cleveland Clinic for February 1st. It's good, yes, but it's so far away to me, and in the meantime he's back to being a road warrior. How many more times will he end up in the frickin' hospital before then? How many terrifying calls am I gonna get? Will he make it that far? 

God- I'm really struggling to hold it all together. I'm just kinda dropping things left and right, and still feel like I'm doing too much. My escapes are now burdens, my free time is non-existent, I just want to take a shitton of sleeping pills and disappear for awhile. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Running on 2 hours of sleep, 30 hours in the same suit, and an unknown quantity of terrible hospital coffee, everything is, per the surgeon, looking ok.  

Thanks, everyone.  Gonna go breathe deeply for awhile. 

Awesome.  Glad to hear (well, read, technically).

Hopefully they can let you and her know what it was for your peace of mind.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, biodork said:

My lame complaint is that I keep fat-fingering the reaction buttons on mobile and hitting "like" when I want "cry".

Thinking about you and your gf, Sabel79... Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

You do realize that if you do that, you can hit the "x" by the reaction button which deletes your reaction and then choose the correct emoji, right? ;)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Thanks.  It's weird; the last couple of years, Nov. 30 hasn't weighed as heavily upon me as it appears to this year.  Maybe it's because five is a "big" number or something.

Nah, blame it on the Sabres.  They've been providing no joy in November for the past several years, so the pain of the anniversary didn't seem as severe.  (Going from numb to hurt is a small step; going from happy to hurt is noticeable and seems more painful.)  

Good luck making it through the day.  Will be thinking of you.

8 hours ago, josie said:

My mother gets meaner every time I see her. It's very disconcerting. I'm sure it's stress but all of her negative qualities are getting worse and worse. I'll leave it at that. But I will say that every time I visit home, about 2-3 days later I collapse in a nervous breakdown as I process it all. It's sort of eye opening, really- a few days around her after being away and I can pick and point out every single complex and insecurity I have and why I have them. And no, it's not the sort of thing I can sit down and talk to her about. 
At a time where we need to be pulling together, she's just lashing out and alienating us. 

She's downright mean to my dad. No wonder he won't retire. I would rather die on the road too over being belittled and barked at. 

Speaking of, it's good news I guess, my dad has an appointment at Cleveland Clinic for February 1st. It's good, yes, but it's so far away to me, and in the meantime he's back to being a road warrior. How many more times will he end up in the frickin' hospital before then? How many terrifying calls am I gonna get? Will he make it that far? 

God- I'm really struggling to hold it all together. I'm just kinda dropping things left and right, and still feel like I'm doing too much. My escapes are now burdens, my free time is non-existent, I just want to take a shitton of sleeping pills and disappear for awhile. 

Yikes.. you have allot on your plate. Please do not do the sleeping pill thing. That would be unfair to your Dad.

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

You do realize that if you do that, you can hit the "x" by the reaction button which deletes your reaction and then choose the correct emoji, right? ?

On a desktop it's no biggie, but on mobile the sad emoji appears almost entirely underneath the regular thumbsup, so it's tough to select the right one.  Anyhow, super lame complaint given some others are dealing with.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's NOT you.  No way.  No how.

And, you are supposed to call back to me when I call out.  Just like Freddie.

Not enough yyyyyyys mate! 

--

Eh I've vented throughout the week in the random thread. Just the usual miasmatic mush of sick friends, old family, personal physical pain, severe depression, overwork, and mounting pile of tasks I either am too overwhelmed or too anxious to do. ***** cancer, ***** mean people, ***** depression, ***** my insane work schedule. It's got to improve. I remind myself I'm a million times better off than I was the last two Decembers but man, a lot of this is stuff out of my control now. I can't find the right way to cope. 

• Sad 2

Sorry for your troubles, Josie.

All that stuff that life throws at us.  Depression is the terrible debilitator.  I don't feel up to much, but never thought of it as depression, but it must be.

And, Freddie always started the call outs small and short to get the crowd into it.  Then he would go longer and higher ... hey, oh ... 

Moriarties all with negatives waves... seriously as someone who has made peace with my demons for the most part... I work on realizing life is less about me and it more about me being of service while enjoying those moments of levity. Cant afford to get too dark anymore, not worth my sanity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey old dudes. Why can't you get changed in under 3 hours in a gym locker room? More specifically why do you have to pose like a Saturday Night Live scetch the whole time? I just find it odd to have a conversation with another person while one of you is naked as a Jay bird, posted up like Captain Morgan with a foot up on the bench and the other one is fully dressed and has been ready to leave for at least 10 minutes. And in that 10 minutes Captain nude hasn't made any progress towards not trying to show everyone in the room his dick. What's the deal? Been going to the gym for just shy of 2 decades now and it's the same everywhere. 

• Haha (+1) 3