Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I began today in Newport News for a work conference.  Got a text from the GF that she’s in the ER, in incredible pain and they’re giving her morphine.  Six hours later I’m in her hospital room in Charlotte where she was for work), watching her sleep.  Surgery/biopsy in the morning.  They found “something” but not sure what.  She’s terrified, as am I. Also helpless.  

Sorry to come in hot just past midnight... 

• Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I began today in Newport News for a work conference.  Got a text from the GF that she’s in the ER, in incredible pain and they’re giving her morphine.  Six hours later I’m in her hospital room in Charlotte where she was for work), watching her sleep.  Surgery/biopsy in the morning.  They found “something” but not sure what.  She’s terrified, as am I. Also helpless.  

Good luck and best wishes man. I can't imagine how scary that is.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Dude that sucks. Last week I got a terrified phone call from my Uncle that he sliced himself (accidentally) with a big knife. I was closest to his house, I assume why he called of all ppl me. I arrive to find him pretty much bleeding out in his garage. 911, they arrive in 3 minutes, they estimated 2 liters of blood loss, worked on him for 20 minutes and took him to ECMC. He’s doing better but gd

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

Continuing my bad neighbor complaints from the random thread, last night my wife went through the Ring doorbell videos for the past month and discovered that my neighbor takes his dog over to my yard to relieve himself every day while I'm away at work.

Apparently I live next to a child. What a jack wagon...

Link to original post if interested:

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

@Samson's Flow I love this guy! All that ass puckering rage that this man has pent up. It's inspiring, really.

I'm glad he's here for your amusement. You're welcome to come by and give him a piece of your mind anytime. ?

Personally i'm in that sweet spot of disbelief and amusement that these little petty acts somehow make him feel he is sticking it to me. 

Just now, darksabre said:

There's gotta be a way to mess with him. Is that his fence or your fence @Samson's Flow?

It's his fence. He meticulously sands and repaints it every year.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

I'm glad he's here for your amusement. You're welcome to come by and give him a piece of your mind anytime. ?

Personally i'm in that sweet spot of disbelief and amusement that these little petty acts somehow make him feel he is sticking it to me. 

I mean, you could always just go ahead and drop a deuce on his lawn a-la Jim Carrey in Me, Myself and Irene.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

It's his fence. He meticulously sands and repaints it every year.

I'm assuming he has to come on to your property to do it though? 

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

Shaming him on the internet is good enough for me... for now.

This video is almost up to 1,000 views on my facebook page btw.

Tell me you have a lot of neighbors that you're friends with on Facebook.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I'm assuming he has to come on to your property to do it though? 

In the past years he has yes. I haven't said anything since 1. I didn't really care at the time, 2. It generally doesn't help to reason with him and 3. Re-staining the fence does make my yard look nicer.

I'm not sure how long my civility in that regard will last if these incidents keep up though.

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Tell me you have a lot of neighbors that you're friends with on Facebook.

I am friends IRL with all of the other neighbors in my immediate proximity (to my right, and the three houses across the street). Part of the reason I know about a lot of the prior incidents is they have made a point to mention it to me.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Praying for her, Sabel.

Tomorrow would be my fifth wedding anniversary.

I'm sorry my friend. Hope you are well this weekend.

Edited by Samson's Flow
This is one time where post merging is unfortunate. My neighbor saga is trivial compared to Eleven's complaint.

I am friends IRL with all of the other neighbors in my immediate proximity (to my right, and the three houses across the street). Part of the reason I know about a lot of the prior incidents is they have made a point to mention it to me.

So everyone in the neighborhood knows that this guy is Douche Bigelow.

Why doesn't he work? Doesn't have to? Permanent disability? Retired?

In the past years he has yes. I haven't said anything since 1. I didn't really care at the time, 2. It generally doesn't help to reason with him and 3. Re-staining the fence does make my yard look nicer.

I'm not sure how long my civility in that regard will last if these incidents keep up though.

What you have to do is tell him he's not allowed on your property but if he wants the fence stained you would be happy to find a reputable contractor to come do it for him. At his cost of course. 

Just now, ubkev said:

So everyone in the neighborhood knows that this guy is Douche Bigelow.

Why doesn't he work? Doesn't have to? Permanent disability? Retired?

I have no idea. You'd be surprised to know I don't really engage in friendly banter with this guy, let alone ask why he sits on his ass all day while his wife works from 7am-7pm. (Not that there is anything wrong with women working/being the bread winners, just in this specific case I would much prefer he have something else to do with his time beside plot ways to annoy me.)

The neighbors directly across the street are retired, and they especially know how much of a douche nozzle he can be since they get a front row view.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What you have to do is tell him he's not allowed on your property but if he wants the fence stained you would be happy to find a reputable contractor to come do it for him. At his cost of course. 

That will go over beautifully...

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I have no idea. You'd be surprised to know I don't really engage in friendly banter with this guy, let alone ask why he sits on his ass all day while his wife works from 7am-7pm. (Not that there is anything wrong with women working/being the bread winners, just in this specific case I would much prefer he have something else to do with his time beside plot ways to annoy me.)

The neighbors directly across the street are retired, and they especially know how much of a douche nozzle he can be since they get a front row view.

That will go over beautifully...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I don't like using the sad face "like" button so I'll give you a solemn head nod and shoulder bump.

21 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I'm sorry my friend. Hope you are well this weekend.

Thanks.  It's weird; the last couple of years, Nov. 30 hasn't weighed as heavily upon me as it appears to this year.  Maybe it's because five is a "big" number or something.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Thanks.  It's weird; the last couple of years, Nov. 30 hasn't weighed as heavily upon me as it appears to this year.  Maybe it's because five is a "big" number or something.

Five isn't big it just has straight lines, turns and curves. A bit like life.