Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

We learned yesterday that Mom's cancer is spreading aggressively. They estimate that she has 2-3 months. I am absolutely heartbroken. I have never felt this level of grief in my 44 years.

We learned yesterday that Mom's cancer is spreading aggressively. They estimate that she has 2-3 months. I am absolutely heartbroken. I have never felt this level of grief in my 44 years.

Make as many memories as you can.  Video and audio as much as you can.

cancer.

When people refuse to be flexible because "it might set a precedent" which is a complete BS excuse. No it sets an exception for extenuating circumstances. People who follow the rules to the letter with a complete inability to know when you need to bend the rules are not upstanding awesome wonderful people. They are asshats who need to wake up to the real world. 

cancer. 

That's terrible, so sorry man :(

I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and yours <3 

I'm sorry to have spoiled the thread this week.

On the brighter side of this, she seems completely at peace with all of this. She misses Fred terribly and her unwavering faith has her in her way home to him. I appreciate the kind words. I am humbled how a 75 lbs woman can be so big and strong. She has always been a giant though.

:cry:

I'm sorry to have spoiled the thread this week.

On the brighter side of this, she seems completely at peace with all of this. She misses Fred terribly and her unwavering faith has her in her way home to him. I appreciate the kind words. I am humbled how a 75 lbs woman can be so big and strong. She has always been a giant though.

She sounds like an amazing lady.

She sounds like an amazing lady.

I'm recalling an epic showdown over lima beans. It was well into darkness and everyone else had desert and were ready and off to bed while Elaine and I faced off at the dinner table. Hours. I finally caved and ate them. They were good. Elaine was right.

One of the true indicators of becoming a grown up is the realization and acknowledgment that mom is (almost) always right!

There is no force more powerful than a mother's love. Sounds like you have been blessed by yours.

Godspeed, and cherish every moment you have with her.

My mom quietly lived with hers for nearly eight years. She went from being herself to being bedridden in just a few days. When we checked her into the hospital, the doctor told us he was confident she could be treated and be with us for a lot more time. She never checked out and was gone a few weeks later, two day after Christmas.

She never complained, never blamed, never did anything but live what life handed her with optimism, pragmatism and calm.

When life hands me something, it is her voice I hear.

I too, was 44. I feel you, man.

I hope the colonoscopy is not based on suspected problems and just proactive. I need to go get another one soon as I have a family history of colon cancer.

It was based on some suspected problem - I had severe abdominal pains (intermittent, not constant) about two months ago, which led the doctors to believe I had appendicitis. A CT scan revealed it was inflammation of my colon. After IV antibiotics and a 2-day hospital stay, I was all better, but the GI doc wanted me to get a colonoscopy just to be sure. Everything showed up normal, so it was likely some infection. On the bright side, the GI doctor was quite the looker.  :wub:

I was going to complain about all the rain around here, but then I looked at the 10-day forecast. 

Just saw this today. Very saddened to read the news.

Prayers go out to your family and her.

Something exciting needs to happen with the Sabres, cause this has been boring and unbearable 

Well, we all knew that nothing was going to happen until after the finals, innit?

Patience, grasshopper.  The fireworks will begin in another 7-10 days.

Pretty minor but still frustrating.

So my PK Subban painting went effing viral on twitter after PK RT'd it. Over 2k likes, hundreds of RTs. It's still going.

I had a ton of people ask for prints. I spent a good deal of money I don't really have to get prints working and a shop (etsy) together. Not a sale. Found out most wanted huge sizes and canvas. We can accommodate up to 2 feet on my friend's massive pro Epson printer. But I opened a Society6 to do canvas. 

Grand total of 2 PK prints sold now, 3 others to friends. I need to sell about 13 to break even. I'm glad about the sales I've made, but definitely was led to expect more. 

Bleh. 

Had a few people tell me they'll buy if the Predators win the Cup. 

SO I guess I'm hardcore rooting for Nashville now (I was anyways, eff the Pens). .. . . .. And I will be ready next time with prints if something explodes. 

The internet is fickle, and running a tiny business is a butt. 

Pretty minor but still frustrating.

So my PK Subban painting went effing viral on twitter after PK RT'd it. Over 2k likes, hundreds of RTs. It's still going.

I had a ton of people ask for prints. I spent a good deal of money I don't really have to get prints working and a shop (etsy) together. Not a sale. Found out most wanted huge sizes and canvas. We can accommodate up to 2 feet on my friend's massive pro Epson printer. But I opened a Society6 to do canvas.

Grand total of 2 PK prints sold now, 3 others to friends. I need to sell about 13 to break even. I'm glad about the sales I've made, but definitely was led to expect more.

Bleh.

Had a few people tell me they'll buy if the Predators win the Cup.

SO I guess I'm hardcore rooting for Nashville now (I was anyways, eff the Pens). .. . . .. And I will be ready next time with prints if something explodes.

The internet is fickle, and running a tiny business is a butt.

. I retweeted you a couple times and your print, hope it helped, one of these days i'll comission a Schoenfeld from you. Edited by North Buffalo

. I retweeted you a couple times and your print, hope it helped, one of these days i'll comission a Schoenfeld from you.

haha I appreciate it!! And yeah, just let me know!! Apologies if I didn't reply, I'm not sure which twitter handle is yours! Just poke me again and I'll follow. 

I've got 200 new people watching now thanks to all the RT's and help. Social media is so odd. I'm still figuring out twitter etiquette. I'm going to make a bunch of portraits this summer and have them ready to go by the time the season starts. 

Again, I'm not ungrateful, I"m overwhelmed with the awesomeness, but I had a convo with the Columbus Blue Jackets poster guy (anthony Zych) and we were just lamenting that as awesome as RT's and likes are, they don't keep the lights on. 

Better than not having it though!!!