Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

haha I appreciate it!! And yeah, just let me know!! Apologies if I didn't reply, I'm not sure which twitter handle is yours! Just poke me again and I'll follow. 

I've got 200 new people watching now thanks to all the RT's and help. Social media is so odd. I'm still figuring out twitter etiquette. I'm going to make a bunch of portraits this summer and have them ready to go by the time the season starts. 

Again, I'm not ungrateful, I"m overwhelmed with the awesomeness, but I had a convo with the Columbus Blue Jackets poster guy (anthony Zych) and we were just lamenting that as awesome as RT's and likes are, they don't keep the lights on. 

Better than not having it though!!! 

It's okay. You have the supplies ready to go now, so you'll be more prepared for the next time it happens. 

Dealing with effing incompetent people all week at work.  Mostly outside vendors who have promised various things and are either extremely poor at communicating or just not delivering as promised.  I've had to write several very direct and unhappy emails this week and I don't like doing it because it makes me feel angry and hostile, but every one of them deserves to be put on notice because they are keeping me from being able to do my work with their ineptitude.  I don't know how some of these companies can make it so difficult to spend money with them.  It's the end of the fiscal year and crunch time for most of us to get purchases through for use it or lose it funds, but no one else seems to have any sense of urgency.

I waited because I didn't want to spoil the thread like I did last week. I've been with her this week. Hospice came and enrolled her today so I could finally give her the first dose of morphine. She's been hungry and craving everything but with the stomach so full of cancer she hasn't tolerated food. My hope is that the dope will ease the pain enough to get food in her belly. She's a long time gardener and wants to see the new plants she bought this year do their thing. We got her a transport chair today to take her out to see things but she didn't have the will after the rigors of visitors. This poor girl only has weeks left. For a hard nose Iron Worker that had thought he'd grown numb over the years, my eyes feel all sorts of soggy and worn out.....

Then I got back to the hotel alone and watched Sid ruin hockey. What a turd.

I waited because I didn't want to spoil the thread like I did last week. I've been with her this week. Hospice came and enrolled her today so I could finally give her the first dose of morphine. She's been hungry and craving everything but with the stomach so full of cancer she hasn't tolerated food. My hope is that the dope will ease the pain enough to get food in her belly. She's a long time gardener and wants to see the new plants she bought this year do their thing. We got her a transport chair today to take her out to see things but she didn't have the will after the rigors of visitors. This poor girl only has weeks left. For a hard nose Iron Worker that had thought he'd grown numb over the years, my eyes feel all sorts of soggy and worn out.....

Then I got back to the hotel alone and watched Sid ruin hockey. What a turd.

Sorry that she's at the point she needs hospice. Glad it is available for her.

I hope she gets to enjoy those plants. Flowers, veggies, or both?

Sorry that she's at the point she needs hospice. Glad it is available for her.

I hope she gets to enjoy those plants. Flowers, veggies, or both?

Just flowers this year. I planted 50 periwinkle and a few other things for her today. The nurse practitioner that she is convinced is a doctor saw her yesterday and Mom was telling her how much she hated her oncologist. Then she told her "To be completely honest with you dear, I really didn't like you when I met you either. But you've grown on me and I love you now...". You've met me. Now you know where my openness comes from.

Today is my mother's 75th birthday. My brother and younger sister (along with their spouses) came in from out of town for this. My older sister (she & I live in the same general area as my mother) is organizing the party and she decided to tell everyone to be at her house at 3:30 today. I work until 4 and it would take me at least an hour to get there after work. Not the end of the world, but I would like to hang out with my non-local family members for longer than a few hours.

I've had to get up at 3am to start work at 4am. I think that's worse.

You're probably right, if I didn't have my daughter jumping on me at 8am (which I didn't really mind, RosePie is adorbs) and in the office at 10AM. I'm too old for this stuff.

Edited by MattPie

The last two evenings I've watched the cleaning lady at work take the broken-down cardboard boxes in the hallway and put them into plastic bags for the trash. There's a recycling dumpster RIGHT NEXT TO the regular trash dumpster outside! >:(

Edited by biodork

Had a surprise move out of my apartment Tuesday. Was going to move out anyways but it got escalated so I had to take a half day and scramble stuff together. Don't really care as I literally moved into the other unit, but I still got the collateral damage from something I had nothing to do with.

Well, guess it's time to get a pet.

Wife lost her job yesterday. I feel terrible for her. The money isn't a concern. And she didn't particularly like her job to begin with. But I don't like feeling helpless when it comes to her. She's incredibly self reliant and independent and would never ask for help, but I can't help myself from wanting to help in anyway that I can.

On the bright side, this will allow her to try and go back to her true passion, which is personal care for the mentally disabled or personal care for the elderly.

I'm going to get her flowers on my way home from work, now. Useless, I know, but it's all I got right now.

Wife lost her job yesterday. I feel terrible for her. The money isn't a concern. And she didn't particularly like her job to begin with. But I don't like feeling helpless when it comes to her. She's incredibly self reliant and independent and would never ask for help, but I can't help myself from wanting to help in anyway that I can.

On the bright side, this will allow her to try and go back to her true passion, which is personal care for the mentally disabled or personal care for the elderly.

I'm going to get her flowers on my way home from work, now. Useless, I know, but it's all I got right now.

Not useless. That's gonna mean a lot more than you think it does I bet. Sorry to hear about your wife, but at least now she can pursue a job she likes