Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I thought you were a Comicon kind of girl.....

It's more the daddy implication of that sentence... nope nope nope. 

Never actually been a big fan of superhero stuff. A lot of my friends are cosplayers/super into that world. They do some really cool stuff. I'm here for Tank Girl and Wonder Woman though.

And the best part is, you can roll over and say "Josie, I am your father" in a very Darth Vader kind of way.

Actually, the best part is you can pull the covers over both of your heads and rip ass. While you're breathing fresh air from the outside, you'll be smogging Josie out.

Last weekend I refinished my ugly laminate kitchen counters, and had planned to replace my kitchen sink, faucet, and disposal at the same time. Had a handyman come out last Friday to remove everything, I did the counters over the weekend, and the handyman was supposed to come back Mon. morning to install the new sink and replace the beat up floor of the cabinet, which he expected was going to be 2-3 hrs of work.

Monday he calls at 7:30am to tell me he'll be there closer to 9:30 (was scheduled for 9am). Around 9:45, he calls to say he's on his way from the store where he got the board for the new cabinet floor. At 10:45am he finally arrived, offering no explanation and barely an apology for being late. He screws around with the cabinet floor board, mis-cutting at least twice and needing to redo with a new piece, and ends up leaving around 1:15pm after having only replaced the cabinet floor. He offered to come out the next evening after I got home from work to finish so I wouldn't have to take any more time off.

Tuesday afternoon he called and said he'd forgotten he had his son that evening and wanted to reschedule for Wednesday night.

Wed. I was running late at work and asked him if he could get there at 7pm instead of 6:30, and he insisted that was way too late and rescheduled for 6pm tonight.

Tonight he called to say he'd be there closer to 6:30, then texted around 6:30 saying he was on his way, and finally arrived around 6:50pm. He attached the drains to the new sink and reinforced the back of the counter top (prior folks had not sealed properly around the old sink and part of the laminate had rotted) before realizing the opening is just slightly narrower than the sink requires. Doesn't have a saw and doesn't want to stay late to finish it.

He's planning on coming back next Wed. evening.

Edited by biodork

Finally have a functioning kitchen sink as of 9:15pm last night.  I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to do dishes!

Now for an actual complaint:  my mom has been in a slow downward spiral for a long time now, and it's accelerated over the last two weeks.  My brother and I had been trying to plan an intervention of sorts and convince her to finally get counseling, but last Sunday she sent us a message admitting that she's severely depressed and needs to seek help when she can afford it (before launching into an airing of perceived grievances).  We thought at least now she's ready to get help, so the last several days we've been reaching out to potential therapists to find someone who is a good fit, close by, has availability that might work with her schedule, etc.  Finally found a good candidate yesterday who had an opening as soon as this evening and regular evening sessions, and she was willing to work with us on pricing as well since this is likely to be a long-term project.  Sent my mom her info and asked her to take a look and that if she's ready to start talking to someone that my brother and I would cover the first two months so she didn't have to worry about the cost.

She sent back a one line response, saying that she appreciated it, but was exploring another avenue.  I don't think she even clicked on the link I'd sent.

I really thought this time was finally going to be the one.  She's in a dark place, and she's rapidly damaging her relationship with my brother.  She has no friends and is heavily in debt.  And she won't let anyone help her, much less help herself.

Have to crate the dog when we go to work because she keeps eating things in the house. Hate doing it

My dogs love their crates. They haven't HAD to be put in them in years, but they go in them when they want to be alone. One night of crying puppy and the first one was totally adapted. The second one took 3 nights. They both know they have to be in their crates to get treats, so they run in there and sit when it's treat time.

Finally have a functioning kitchen sink as of 9:15pm last night. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to do dishes!

Now for an actual complaint: my mom has been in a slow downward spiral for a long time now, and it's accelerated over the last two weeks. My brother and I had been trying to plan an intervention of sorts and convince her to finally get counseling, but last Sunday she sent us a message admitting that she's severely depressed and needs to seek help when she can afford it (before launching into an airing of perceived grievances). We thought at least now she's ready to get help, so the last several days we've been reaching out to potential therapists to find someone who is a good fit, close by, has availability that might work with her schedule, etc. Finally found a good candidate yesterday who had an opening as soon as this evening and regular evening sessions, and she was willing to work with us on pricing as well since this is likely to be a long-term project. Sent my mom her info and asked her to take a look and that if she's ready to start talking to someone that my brother and I would cover the first two months so she didn't have to worry about the cost.

She sent back a one line response, saying that she appreciated it, but was exploring another avenue. I don't think she even clicked on the link I'd sent.

I really thought this time was finally going to be the one. She's in a dark place, and she's rapidly damaging her relationship with my brother. She has no friends and is heavily in debt. And she won't let anyone help her, much less help herself.

:(

Finally have a functioning kitchen sink as of 9:15pm last night.  I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to do dishes!

For some reason, at first I read this as you finally have a functioning kidney.  I thought that was an oddly specific complaint.

That sucks bio, hope you get through to her.

My dogs love their crates. They haven't HAD to be put in them in years, but they go in them when they want to be alone. One night of crying puppy and the first one was totally adapted. The second one took 3 nights. They both know they have to be in their crates to get treats, so they run in there and sit when it's treat time.

She loves the crate for company (kinda like a safe space for her), but leaving her alone in it all day while the cat mocks her and swats at her through the bars is not her favorite lol

I had to put my 15 year old Australian Shepherd to sleep today. This is the 3rd dog I've had to say goodbye to. It doesn't get any easier. She was probably the best dog I ever had. Amazing how they become a part of the family. 

I had to put my 15 year old Australian Shepherd to sleep today. This is the 3rd dog I've had to say goodbye to. It doesn't get any easier. She was probably the best dog I ever had. Amazing how they become a part of the family.

Sorry jsb prayers for you and your family for healing. That's never easy.

Car plowed into a crowd in Times Square today. 1 dead, 20 wounded

Suspected dwi they're now saying.

Thanks, folks.

For some reason, at first I read this as you finally have a functioning kidney.  I thought that was an oddly specific complaint.

:lol: After my SIL confusion the other day, I have no room to mock.

:cry: Sorry to hear it, jsb... it never does get easier.  15 is pretty amazing for a dog that size!  You must've given her an excellent life.

Never gets easy, two years ago me and my stepfather put down our 10 yr old berner sennen.  

One of few times we both had tears in our eyes.   Two weeks later the old folks bought a husky :P

Edited by Huckleberry

JSB, my condlences,p.

One of my bulldogs is circling the drain (a phrase I picked up from my ICU nurse wife). He's been through so much. Surgery to repair tworuptured vertebrae, cancerous tumors on his leg. Has been a complete sweetheart through it all. Probably helps that he's so dumb he barks at his own farts, but still. Always happy, always up and at 'em (the vets at VA Tech, where we had to go for the spinal surgery, said he was likely in severe pain for months before his legs stopped working, but never let on) and always, again a sweetheart.

His legs are giving out on him again. I dunno that there's anything else we can do for him. He just keeps on keeping on, but I remember the words of the vet when he blew up his spine... is he in pain? Drives me and my wife nuts. Don't want him to suffer, can't tell that he is. Think he might be, but then again....

JSB, my condlences,p.

One of my bulldogs is circling the drain (a phrase I picked up from my ICU nurse wife). He's been through so much. Surgery to repair tworuptured vertebrae, cancerous tumors on his leg. Has been a complete sweetheart through it all. Probably helps that he's so dumb he barks at his own farts, but still. Always happy, always up and at 'em (the vets at VA Tech, where we had to go for the spinal surgery, said he was likely in severe pain for months before his legs stopped working, but never let on) and always, again a sweetheart.

His legs are giving out on him again. I dunno that there's anything else we can do for him. He just keeps on keeping on, but I remember the words of the vet when he blew up his spine... is he in pain? Drives me and my wife nuts. Don't want him to suffer, can't tell that he is. Think he might be, but then again....

My second dog was allergic to plastic, people, had a rare stomach virus as a puppy, but all lived through it, in the end he had been through so much we just didn't even notice he might have had any pain from the tumor groing in his liver.  Just the final two weeks we saw him going bad.