Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Not useless. That's gonna mean a lot more than you think it does I bet. Sorry to hear about your wife, but at least now she can pursue a job she likes

Oh she definitely appreciated them. And it definitely brightened her day a little. I just feel, actually I don't know what I feel. She's filled out 8 applications and applied for unemployment in the span of 16 hours. The girl is hard as nails and I'm bringing her flowers lol.

Oh she definitely appreciated them. And it definitely brightened her day a little. I just feel, actually I don't know what I feel. She's filled out 8 applications and applied for unemployment in the span of 16 hours. The girl is hard as nails and I'm bringing her flowers lol.

Hey. It matters. Good on ya. 

Still not bad. Maybe go with a bottle next time though :lol:

You did the right thing and your gesture was heartfelt and bigger than you know. Most women want you to listen to them and understand what they're going thru but don't want you "solving" their problems for them. The flowers showed her that you get what she's going thru and you tried to brighten her day while staying out of the way. We men have a need to fix/solve things to make them right. I get the helplessness you're feeling...just have to give her the space to deal with things as she sees fit. Tough just waiting around though.  :beer:

My sister hasn't been well for a long time. She couldn't really afford to go to a doctor.

Tuesday we found out she has a tumor the size of a softball in her uterus. She is 33 and will have a hysterectomy soon. She stands to lose her job if she's out for too long. She is a cancer survivor already. We don't know if it's just a fibroid or cancer yet. I'm optimistic. 

My uncle has advanced prostate cancer. He has been given a poor prognosis. My father isn't well. Nor is my mother. My family is disintegrating around me. 

I'm really fu*king sick of sickness right now. I'm paying closest to $700 a month for my health insurance right now... I guess I'll use it to get a shrink, because I don't know how to cope with all of this. 

Edited by Josie914

Still not bad. Maybe go with a bottle next time though :lol:

She doesn't drink!! Like hardly at all! As in she bought a bottle of kahlua 7 years ago, and there is still some left in it! Lol

Thanks ExWNYer

I had to read a suicide note about an hour ago. It's not anyone I knew or anything; it's a piece of evidence. But still, wow, that *sucked*.

that!!

My sister hasn't been well for a long time. She couldn't really afford to go to a doctor.

Tuesday we found out she has a tumor the size of a softball in her uterus. She is 33 and will have a hysterectomy soon. She stands to lose her job if she's out for too long. She is a cancer survivor already. We don't know if it's just a fibroid or cancer yet. I'm optimistic.

My uncle has advanced prostate cancer. He has been given a poor prognosis. My father isn't well. Nor is my mother. My family is disintegrating around me.

I'm really fu*king sick of sickness right now.

All of this sucks! cancer! And illness in general!

Edited by ubkev

I haven't felt "good" in probably 8 months. Whatever this stomach issue is is slowly getting worse and worse. 

If I have learned anything from all the sh!t in my life right now... Go to a doctor. No diagnosis, not getting better? GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.

my sister was going to a doc for 4 years who managed to miss this massive tumor... you can see the thing through her skin. The idiot had her on drugs that made bleeding worse, she was having cluster migraines and almost stroked out. 

If it's cancer, we are suing. 

Good luck. I hope you can find an answer. God knows I know how awful what you're feeling is. Stomach stuff is the worst. 

If I have learned anything from all the sh!t in my life right now... Go to a doctor. No diagnosis, not getting better? GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR.

my sister was going to a doc for 4 years who managed to miss this massive tumor... you can see the ###### thing through her skin. The idiot had her on drugs that made bleeding worse, she was having cluster migraines and almost stroked out. 

Good luck. I hope you can find an answer. God knows I know how awful what you're feeling is. Stomach stuff is the worst. 

So sorry to hear about all that stuff Josie. And thanks, I just got the results from the ultrasound, and they're what I expected. No stones. I now need to find a way to get that other scan, whose name I can't remember at the moment, that checks for your gallbladder's functionality. The ultrasound doesn't do that and I don't have the symptoms of stones, just those of not having any bile enter my system from time to time. 

###### cancer.

Indeed. Cancer is a that needs to have its ads kicked.

The hospice nurse doesn't expect Mom to be here by Monday. Gruesome. Unjust. I had a fit of rage and cursed God and the angels for making her suffer this cruel indignity. I've been through this with close friends but seeing your mother's light go out has soured me completely. I'll never have faith again. Ever.

Wife lost her job yesterday. I feel terrible for her. The money isn't a concern. And she didn't particularly like her job to begin with. But I don't like feeling helpless when it comes to her. She's incredibly self reliant and independent and would never ask for help, but I can't help myself from wanting to help in anyway that I can.

On the bright side, this will allow her to try and go back to her true passion, which is personal care for the mentally disabled or personal care for the elderly.

I'm going to get her flowers on my way home from work, now. Useless, I know, but it's all I got right now.

Seems like you're on the right track. Hope she finds sonething she likes soon.

I'm really fu*king sick of sickness right now. I'm paying closest to $700 a month for my health insurance right now... I guess I'll use it to get a shrink, because I don't know how to cope with all of this.

Hang in there kid. Figure life has to start breaking your way pretty soon. Hopefully it'll start breaking well for your family too. Total random aside to follow: You're talent level is amazing.

I had to read a suicide note about an hour ago.  It's not anyone I knew or anything; it's a piece of evidence.  But still, wow, that *sucked*.

Day-um. That's messed up.

So sorry to hear about all that stuff Josie. And thanks, I just got the results from the ultrasound, and they're what I expected. No stones. I now need to find a way to get that other scan, whose name I can't remember at the moment, that checks for your gallbladder's functionality. The ultrasound doesn't do that and I don't have the symptoms of stones, just those of not having any bile enter my system from time to time.

Keep after them until they get it figured out. Good luck w/ it.

Indeed. Cancer is a ###### ###### that needs to have its ###### ads kicked.

The hospice nurse doesn't expect Mom to be here by Monday. Gruesome. Unjust. I had a fit of rage and cursed God and the angels for making her suffer this cruel indignity. I've been through this with close friends but seeing your mother's light go out has soured me completely. I'll never have faith again. Ever.

Sorry that your mother is suffering. Stay strong my friend. For whatever it's worth, will say a prayer for you & her.

On top of all the other awful in this post, losing her job because she has cancer? The job that didn't pay her enough to afford health care?

What kind of up system is that?

I try to stay out of political arguments on here because I tend to consider myself a visitor on American soil.

But this is the complaint thread and I consider this group full of people I care for. I will never figure out how such a rich and generous nation can allow like this to happen.

Edited by dudacek

Wife lost her job yesterday. I feel terrible for her. The money isn't a concern. And she didn't particularly like her job to begin with. But I don't like feeling helpless when it comes to her. She's incredibly self reliant and independent and would never ask for help, but I can't help myself from wanting to help in anyway that I can.

On the bright side, this will allow her to try and go back to her true passion, which is personal care for the mentally disabled or personal care for the elderly.

I'm going to get her flowers on my way home from work, now. Useless, I know, but it's all I got right now.

Good man.

You did the right thing and your gesture was heartfelt and bigger than you know. Most women want you to listen to them and understand what they're going thru but don't want you "solving" their problems for them. The flowers showed her that you get what she's going thru and you tried to brighten her day while staying out of the way. We men have a need to fix/solve things to make them right. I get the helplessness you're feeling...just have to give her the space to deal with things as she sees fit. Tough just waiting around though.  :beer:

Can confirm, and also: good man.

:cry:

my sister was going to a doc for 4 years who managed to miss this massive tumor... you can see the ###### thing through her skin. The idiot had her on drugs that made bleeding worse, she was having cluster migraines and almost stroked out. 

This was my dad's experience as well, and the gist of the book he wrote.  So many doctors refuse to admit that maybe they don't know the answer and should get another opinion rather than insist they've figured things out and their advice is solid.

:cry:  :cry:

And also, #### it in every unavailable orifice. #### ####ing cancer.

I like you're line of thinking. Don't just it. it to pieces.

Anyways hospice has been wonderful for her and us. She absolutely wants to die at home and that's exactly where it going to happen. Her few weeks of it that is. This is a story of how wonderful hospice really is.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F06%2F14%2Fhealth%2Fhospice-julianna-snow-heaven-over-hospital-erpise%2Findex.html#pt0-238808

On top of all the other awful in this post, losing her job because she has cancer? The job that didn't pay her enough to afford health care?

What kind of ###### up system is that?

I try to stay out of political arguments on here because I tend to consider myself a visitor on American soil.

But this is the complaint thread and I consider this group full of people I care for. I will never figure out how such a rich and generous nation can allow ###### like this to happen.

They insisted on keeping her contract so they never had to pay her benefits. She works 60-70 hours a week. She has a masters degree and is fluent in 5 languages. Never good enough. Mercenary mentality out there. Disability will only get her so far if it all works out. 

Believe me. I have some very very potent political and cultural criticisms right now. 

iTInSn, my heart goes out to you. 

What kind of ###### up system is that?

But this is the complaint thread and I consider this group full of people I care for. I will never figure out how such a rich and generous nation can allow ###### like this to happen.

Because it is a nation of rich white guys for rich white guys. 

cancer though. It is a terrible thing than no one deserves. 

My complaint is minor today.

Stuck in the airport in Detroit. Bad weather diverted a bunch of flights. I've been here since 7:30 this evening. Looks like I'll still be here after midnight. It's going to be a long night.

Wow, that's an awful situation but kudos to you for choosing to stay optimistic, Josie. As tough as it is, trying to stay positive is a must in the fight against cancer. Thoughts & prayers to you, your sis, and your family. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks ExWNYer

:)

I haven't felt "good" in probably 8 months. Whatever this stomach issue is is slowly getting worse and worse. 

Don't mess around. Get to the doctor and get answers. If you're still not sure of what they're telling you, get a second or even third opinion. A lot of men don't bother going to the doctor because they feel it's not macho or that it's nothing and will eventually go away and then it's too late. A yearly physical should be part of your routine, especially as you get older. I hope that your stomach issue is nothing and you're feeling better soon.

I'm truly sorry. My beloved mom passed of complications due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2008. Still the worst day of my life. She was the sweetest person I've ever known and also the toughest for the physical ailments she had to endure throughout her life. She had strep throat as a child which went unchecked and turned into rheumatic fever and damaged two of her heart valves. She had three separate open heart surgeries...one in the '70s, one in the '80s, & another in the '90s. I still don't know how she did it...I don't think that I have one tenth of the strength that she had. Strangely enough, I was 44 when she passed...same as a couple of others in here. Anyway, I can empathize and know what you're going thru. It's times like these that drive home how unfair life can be. I know it's not much but please know that I am thinking of you and your mom. Stay strong for her and your family. You will come out okay on the other side and eventually the pain will lessen with time. For now, cherish every precious second that you have with her. Peace to you and yours.

BTW, the best thing about 'Complaint Thursdays' is it's now only a couple of minutes until Friday.  :)

I love when you have coordinated things for years and you hand it off to someone else, explain to them how it works, tell them what not to do, sit in planning meanings and reiterate these points over and over again, and then they turn around and do exactly what you said not to do and ###### things up. Screw it I'm out. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I love when you have coordinated things for years and you hand it off to someone else, explain to them how it works, tell them what not to do, sit in planning meanings and reiterate these points over and over again, and then they turn around and do exactly what you said not to do and ###### things up. Screw it I'm out. 

You should have told them not to do it and micromanaged the out of it. What were you thinking?! /sarcasm