Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

That's why I still drive 20m for my barber. Once you find a good one, you never leave

I'm legit going to be driving to Rochester to get my hair cut. My barber in Penfield is great and I don't know if I can deal with going through all the hackjobs until I find one here that does a good job. 

I'm legit going to be driving to Rochester to get my hair cut. My barber in Penfield is great and I don't know if I can deal with going through all the hackjobs until I find one here that does a good job. 

I'll be coming back to the salon I go to in Rochester. My girl there is the first one in my entire life that can cut my annoying semi curly half wavy thick frizzy lion's mane without turning me into Baby from Dirty Dancing. 

God I have so many embarrassing pictures of blunder years me with a triangular afro from hell :(

I'll be coming back to the salon I go to in Rochester. My girl there is the first one in my entire life that can cut my annoying semi curly half wavy thick frizzy lion's mane without turning me into Baby from Dirty Dancing. 

God I have so many embarrassing pictures of blunder years me with a triangular afro from hell :(

dilbert-full-body-lying.gif

Stopped at a barber shop yesterday for a quick haircut and a beard trim.  Nice barber in his late 70's absolutely butchered my hair.  So badly uneven I had to get it fixed by someone else and have it taken much shorter than usual to do so.  Some spots I couldn't fix, like the neckline that's a good inch higher than it should be, and a beard "trim" that was wavy and came up a good 1/2" higher on my right jaw.  Ended up shaving the whole thing off.  First time in 2 years I don't have a beard.

That's why I still drive 20m for my barber. Once you find a good one, you never leave

Trimmer and a #2 guard at home FTW.  As long as the guard is on you can't mess that up.

Man, you guys are way too picky about your hair. I go to the barber shop on the Marine Corps base I work at. I get a different barber every time and as a result I get a different haircut every time even though I tell each of them the same thing (Navy reg - which is a regulation Navy haircut, maybe an inch long on top and 1/4 inch along the sides and back). Sometimes it basically ends up a buzz cut and other times they leave some hair on top but either way it's good enough to last me until I need to go back a month later.

Trimmer and a #2 guard at home FTW.  As long as the guard is on you can't mess that ###### up.

That was me all through high school.  Had my mom do it.  And yes, you can mess it up.  One time, senior year, she forgot the guard and cut a 2 inch x 3 inch swatch out of the top of my head.  Luckily it was on a wednesday night.  She felt so bad she let me stay home the rest of the week.

That was me all through high school.  Had my mom do it.  And yes, you can mess it up.  One time, senior year, she forgot the guard and cut a 2 inch x 3 inch swatch out of the top of my head.  Luckily it was on a wednesday night.  She felt so bad she let me stay home the rest of the week.

Like I said:

As long as the guard is on

Unfortunately, I don't have enough hair to grow it out that long anymore either. I'm firmly entrenched in "guy in his thirties" hair. :P

Fair enough. I'm in the Bald and Grey are both furiously racing to see which one gets me first stage. They're tied.

I find that Puerto Rican barbers do the best work on my hair. Fantastic edge work, very good attention to detail. Never had a bad cut from a Puerto Rican dude. Trouble is, I only go for a haircut once every 4 months or so. I like keeping it semi long on top.

Complaint: My foot is killing me!

I find that Puerto Rican barbers do the best work on my hair. Fantastic edge work, very good attention to detail. Never had a bad cut from a Puerto Rican dude. Trouble is, I only go for a haircut once every 4 months or so. I like keeping it semi long on top.

Complaint: My ###### foot is ###### killing me!

My town probably has 300 barber shops and 7,000 barbers and I've never seen a Puerto Rican guy cutting hair. There's a few old white guys but for the most part it's either black guys (90%) or Filipino women (10%). That's actual barber shops though. I've never been in a salon. Hell, I've never even gone into a place as fancy as Fantastic Sams.

Edited by Drunkard

Unfortunately, I don't have enough hair to grow it out that long anymore either. I'm firmly entrenched in "guy in his thirties" hair. :P  

I may not be able to grow a beard, but I've still got the hair.

Of course, it's turning different colors, but it's still there.

2 years ago I decided to stop drinking for a month to lose some weight, was easy because I had a lot of night shifts that month.

I want to do that again to lose around 8 - 10 kgm again, but finding out I really want a drink badly evertyime I enter my bar.

And having everyone offer you one, asking me if I'm sick really makes it a lot harder.   

Hope I can get through this 1st week :P

Edited by Huckleberry

2 years ago I decided to stop drinking for a month to lose some weight, was easy because I had a lot of night shifts that month.

I want to do that again to lose around 8 - 10 kgm again, but finding out I really want a drink badly evertyime I enter my bar.

And having everyone offer you one, asking me if I'm sick really makes it a lot harder.   

Hope I can get through this 1st week :P

If you really want to quit drinking you may want to avoid going to bars in the first place.

Stopped at a barber shop yesterday for a quick haircut and a beard trim.  Nice barber in his late 70's absolutely butchered my hair.  So badly uneven I had to get it fixed by someone else and have it taken much shorter than usual to do so.  Some spots I couldn't fix, like the neckline that's a good inch higher than it should be, and a beard "trim" that was wavy and came up a good 1/2" higher on my right jaw.  Ended up shaving the whole thing off.  First time in 2 years I don't have a beard.

I had the same thing happen to me the a few days before my wedding reception. Had a nice woman at a salon in East Aurora fix it to the point where it wasn't bad, to the point that it tends to the be my normal now. MrsPie cuts with the clippers. She doesn't do a perfect job, but the price is right.

I had the same thing happen to me the a few days before my wedding reception. Had a nice woman at a salon in East Aurora fix it to the point where it wasn't bad, to the point that it tends to the be my normal now. MrsPie cuts with the clippers. She doesn't do a perfect job, but the price is right.

Never, ever get a haircut before a special day.

d4rksabre - do yourself a favor and have a sleep study done! I've been using cpap for the last 7+ years. My snoring stopped the night I brought the machine home. You will ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner.

I'm probably going to. CPAP ain't sexy but it's better than feeling like garbage all the time.

I'm probably going to. CPAP ain't sexy but it's better than feeling like garbage all the time.

And the best part is, you can roll over and say "Josie, I am your father" in a very Darth Vader kind of way.