Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My 2003 hyundai elantra is suddenly loud while idling, under the hood. Thinking cracked manifold or some type of leak. Mo money mo money

Could be a bearing issue too; my old Subaru suddenly got really rattly one day and the two places I took it too said probably a crank or rod bearing. Either way, no fixing it for less than the car. I did drive it for months like that, just kept the RPMs down and a light touch on the gas.

:w00t:  hahahaha

Hehe Lord Voldemort. Yea he is apparently touring the Middle East, Israel (there's a joke about why I separated this out), and Europe. Still it is pretty cool to see Air Force One. Sucks that it screws up the entire airport. 

Actually Nato summit in brussels, always screws up the entire country :(

Could be a bearing issue too; my old Subaru suddenly got really rattly one day and the two places I took it too said probably a crank or rod bearing. Either way, no fixing it for less than the car. I did drive it for months like that, just kept the RPMs down and a light touch on the gas.

Ugh I hope not ????

We bought new dining room furniture a couple weeks back. Needless to say, my wallet has been mortally wounded.

I just need an armoire and maybe a cedar storage chest. I can probably source a chest on Craigslist but I can't fit an armoire in my car so it's tough to get something like that on the cheap.

I just need an armoire and maybe a cedar storage chest. I can probably source a chest on Craigslist but I can't fit an armoire in my car so it's tough to get something like that on the cheap.

IKEA stuff comes flat. :)

IKEA stuff comes flat. :)

Right, but why does it cost so much? It's just particle board? Same with everything on Wayfair and Overstock.

I hate spending my hard earned money on particle board. It's the furniture equivalent of Domino's Pizza.

Just be a proper millennial and furnish everything with IKEA.

Dude, ikea can suck a fat ! Not cheap at all and still cheap at the same time. fake Swedish furniture! Seriously dude, just look on overstock. IKEA can eat my ass.

Right, but why does it cost so much? It's just particle board? Same with everything on Wayfair and Overstock.

I hate spending my hard earned money on particle board. It's the furniture equivalent of Domino's Pizza.

Some of it is pine! (I have the 6-drawer version of this, which apparently isn't available any more; it's adequate and doesn't look bad)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90318607/

Oooo pine. I bet Ikea is turning a $150 profit on that. Ugh.

Seriously, you ain't lying. But as far as affordable goes, it overstock or someplace else online. I know I make like I'm a baller, but I really do look for deals!!!! :p

If you're so set on solid wood, I'd just make something. Can't be that bad if all you need is an armoir.

Dude, ikea can suck a fat ######! Not cheap at all and still cheap at the same time. ###### fake Swedish furniture! Seriously dude, just look on overstock. IKEA can eat my ass.

I like IKEA! :(

Moving out next month, and I literally have no furniture or kitchen supplies. Gonna get expensive I'd bet

Unless you're going with master chef quality stuff (which no offense, but after meeting you, would surprise me :p) or need enough stuff to feed a family of 8, the kitchen stuff shouldn't be bad at all. Furniture? Well, yea. If you're prone to sticker shock, I'd recommend just starting with what you really need, and add on slowly over several months. Edited by TrueBlueGED

We were lucky that we have a very good table already.  That cut back on costs big time.  We needed chairs, some sort of china cabinet, and then another larger piece to go along a side wall.  I really have no idea what name they give to that last piece.  Anyway, it's the first room you see as you walk into the house, so we want it done right and some very quality stuff up there.  I'm sure we could have gone much cheaper, but what we did get should take care of that room for 20+ years.

We were lucky that we have a very good table already.  That cut back on costs big time.  We needed chairs, some sort of china cabinet, and then another larger piece to go along a side wall.  I really have no idea what name they give to that last piece.  Anyway, it's the first room you see as you walk into the house, so we want it done right and some very quality stuff up there.  I'm sure we could have gone much cheaper, but what we did get should take care of that room for 20+ years.

All I can think of after reading this is the scene in Fight Club where Ed Norton is rambling about his fancy plates with the imperfections that prove they were hand made by the proud and indigenous people of ........ where ever.

The new moon by the scientific calculation is as I type this (at least here in Halifax).  So, this means that there is no possible way that a new moon can be visible prior to sunset ... the sun has set in Arabia.

This means that Shaban will have 30 days and Ramadan will start (no matter what) at sunset tomorrow.  And first fasting day will be Saturday.

I suppose that I should not complain about such things, but I love Ramadan.