Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Yea, it'll be really interesting to watch. A lot will depend on how much the parliamentarian lets them squeeze through reconciliation, because I genuinely believe (perhaps naively) not even McConnell wants to nuke the legislative filibuster.

Eh, the legislative filibuster saved the right imo the last eight years. Though conventional wisdom is once the left has the opportunity, they're just going to do it themselves eventually.

Because of that I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. Mitch McConnel is a traditionalist, and sees the nuclear option as extreme. The counter argument though is that the left will do it as soon as they have enough congressional seats someday.

Either way it's not good for America long term imo, and I'm very far right. It's only a matter of time til it happens though, and the GOP has a once in a lifetime opportunity and about a guarenteed two year window.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

What in the world kind of nail did you run over? I've had a few nails/screw-related incidents before, but never had to replace the tire to fix it.

Like real estate, it is all about location.  In the tread, usually patchable.  Along the seam where the belt ends, or in the sidewall, you are buying a new tire.

I'm so sad today.

And my neighbor's dog bit me on tuesday (not bad) and my neighbor was a total ###### about it. Same dog bit my sister years ago. We called animal control, but they said there's not much they can do.

Where the heck do you live that animal control has nothing they can do about a dog that has bitten people?

I've been working 10s and an 8 on Saturday in addition to my office duties since the new year.(with no end in sight! Bye bye, summer) I'm fried. In the bacta tank blasting Reflection. I've pondered it over and over. There very well may be "peace within the emptiness".

Or a day off here and there.

I'm testing a theory.

A day off maybe > nothingness?

I'm a bit over tired so maybe my judgement is off?

I'll report back if I ever get some rest.

Lately, I've been feeling like a character in a video game and whoever is playing me put his controller down to go put some Hot Pockets in the microwave and I'm over in the corner just going back and forth.

Edited by SwampD

I'm giving up booze for a while.

Decided I needed to eliminate a variable in order to solve what I believe are chronic sinus issues. I've been basically sick on and off for about 9 months (including my bout with pneumonia), but I suppose this condition has probably existed for a while. I get up in the mornings and spend half the day clearing my throat/sinuses, and I'm kinda always stuffed up. Josie says I snore and do a gagging thing. I'm going to see a doctor after this move is done to try to figure out what is wrong with me. Maybe I need surgery. Maybe I need to go on CPAP. Who knows? But I want to put a stop to this.

Decided I needed to eliminate a variable in order to solve what I believe are chronic sinus issues. I've been basically sick on and off for about 9 months (including my bout with pneumonia), but I suppose this condition has probably existed for a while. I get up in the mornings and spend half the day clearing my throat/sinuses, and I'm kinda always stuffed up. Josie says I snore and do a gagging thing. I'm going to see a doctor after this move is done to try to figure out what is wrong with me. Maybe I need surgery. Maybe I need to go on CPAP. Who knows? But I want to put a stop to this.

Sounds like sleep apnea. 

I've got a gig that's pretty cool right now. It's through a non-profit government entity. I really am enjoying the work topic, and the work itself. However, due to the fact that it's a pretty serious set of articles, extreme accuracy is necessary in the accompanying illustrations.

Cool. No prob. Feedback has had to go up at least 3 levels and back down again. Ok, can handle, have done before.

The illustrations for the first part of a five part series have taken a few weeks to clear this feedback chain, with multiple changes and some infighting among the reporters over my work- I am working on the finals, now.

Email today. "yeah, we need all the work for the other four parts by mid next week, AND all the game design" as they're putting a little game with it to help explain one of the aspects of the piece. 

Holy. Crap. Guys. How. 

I warned them upon first contact that I would be at half availability at best next week due to moving.

Aaaaand they simply are like... well, too bad, we need all that work. 

Someone get me some extra arms, uppers, and a prayer, please. I sure hope they pay me the amount of work I've put in at this point. It's getting up there.  

He snores, chokes, gasps, chomps his teeth, and jumps. I kick at him all night to roll him over so he'll actually sleep. I don't sleep through it unless I drug myself. 

My dad has sleep apnea- always snored, did all the above. Hotel rooms always meant no sleep- his snoring was genuinely terrifying. He has all the crazy looking machines- they do seem to help, but man, do they suck to use/work with. 

What in the world kind of nail did you run over? I've had a few nails/screw-related incidents before, but never had to replace the tire to fix it.

I missed this last week.  They will not patch if the nail is too close to the sidewall.  The fourth picture here is where I have been getting these nails almost each time.  Fortunately, the most recent one was in a spot that could be patched.  I was also lucky that I bought the new one at Costco and they give you hazard coverage with any new tires, so the patch was free (new tire would have been too if I needed one).  I don't want to call it lucky since it was another nail in a tire and a big time loss, but only one of my tires was from there and covered... the one that got the nail.

Oh, and I was wrong last week, it was actually 9 days between nails.  It was also my fifth in just over a year.

I missed this last week.  They will not patch if the nail is too close to the sidewall.  The fourth picture here is where I have been getting these nails almost each time.  Fortunately, the most recent one was in a spot that could be patched.  I was also lucky that I bought the new one at Costco and they give you hazard coverage with any new tires, so the patch was free (new tire would have been too if I needed one).  I don't want to call it lucky since it was another nail in a tire and a big time loss, but only one of my tires was from there and covered... the one that got the nail.

Oh, and I was wrong last week, it was actually 9 days between nails.  It was also my fifth in just over a year.

That location is in the area where the sidewall plies meet the radial belts.  The problem with a hole in that area is that moisture can get in and migrate into the boundary of the sidewall and belt material.  Any loss of adhesion between the materials there results in separated layers, and a blowout.  Def replace tire scenario.

The gantry that we set up to replace the one that went over last month nearly went over this morning with a 250,000 lb boiler rigged underneath. Listed badly towards the boiler house. We got the boiler touched down and legs plumbed up again. Quick evaluation tells me there's something buried in the ground that we weren't told about. Walking beams were dead nuts level. The ground distorted enough to nearly cause another disaster. I'm getting too old for this . All this excitement was cool 25 yrs ago but now I feel like I'm just one disaster away from my end....

Edited by iTInSn

I've been working with a network hardware vendor on some network stuff for over a year. We need it to do a set of things, which have been pretty stable since January (after a long evolution of changes and uncertainty). Our customer has been nudging us for the entire year that they had concerns about the design working, and we kept on verifying with the hardware vendor that we're OK and the vendor agreed (along with some of our other in-house network people). Tuesday at 6PM, the hw vendor sends us a note that the hardware probably doesn't do what we need and we need to use something else. We have to present this to the customer Monday. The design documents are already sent. The presentations were mostly ready. We invited the hardware rep to the crow buffet, all we can eat.

Mostly Apple Music's Indie channel. And Mike Snow. I want to punch him in the mouth.

I love Miike Snow. His song blac and Blue is amazing; it's all about his heroin addiction, IIRC

You should try the Postal Service. Their song November is a classic

Edited by WildCard

I love Miike Snow. His song blac and Blue is amazing; it's all about his heroin addiction, IIRC

You should try the Postal Service. Their song November is a classic

Please for the love of Christ do not try to millenialsplain music to me. I enjoy Death Cab and the Postal Service. Am old enough to remember when they were new. ;-)

Stopped at a barber shop yesterday for a quick haircut and a beard trim.  Nice barber in his late 70's absolutely butchered my hair.  So badly uneven I had to get it fixed by someone else and have it taken much shorter than usual to do so.  Some spots I couldn't fix, like the neckline that's a good inch higher than it should be, and a beard "trim" that was wavy and came up a good 1/2" higher on my right jaw.  Ended up shaving the whole thing off.  First time in 2 years I don't have a beard.