Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Weddings suck when you aren't single. Being single at a wedding is usually great. Unless it's a family members wedding. Being single at a friend's wedding is fantastic.

Been to one wedding without d4rk.

Spent the whole night getting hit on by former jocks from my high school who wouldn't have given me the time of day/bullied me back when we were teens. At first it was kinda validating and funny. Then it got gross. No amount of dropping the b word helped. After enough booze, one of them got all dreamy eyed telling me about his new girlfriend, after trying to boink me all night.

Drunk guys at weddings- no thanks. God I don't miss being single.

Even worse, she's a millennial with lady parts and associated problems. Gross! :rolleyes:

Only ok if it's being grabbed! 

Are you not excited to see your family and party with them? Is your girlfriend not your +1? Don't you wanna hang out with her??

I don't get it.

I'm the best man and maid of honor, so I have to give a speech. My girlfriend is my +1, but she's been miserable lately, and can't hold her booze, so it's either going to be an awesome night or a real one. 

I don't know, before you cut your hair you could have have rocked a fancy up-do and be the honorary MOH. :nana:

Hey man, dresses are way comfier than pants, get a little breeze going. Rock it.  :P

Unless it's strapless. **** strapless dresses. Who the hell are those infernal rags from hell made for... 

My brothers and I laid our mother Elaine to rest this morning. She succumbed to her illness Sunday afternoon.

Before I tell you a bit about her, I should mention Fred. They were never just Fred. They were never just Elaine. They were always Fred AND Elaine.

When Dad died in September I knew in my bones that she wouldn't be far behind. This is a gift handed down to me from her. She always knew what was going to happen and was right most of the time. She had a very calm and thoughtful approach to honoring the deceased because as she made clear, "They're right here beside you if you'd take the time to look."

I never knew anyone so absolutely head strong as Mom. Honesty was a given. Truthfulness was a must. She was love in its purest form.

Giving up was never an option. She could literally will things to happen. She had wanted quiet as she grew closer. A few hours before she made her transition the power went out. She took her last shallow breath only twenty seconds before the power came on again.

I knew Saturday that she was close. I could distinctly smell the coconut spray shampoo in my home. Hospice had given it to her a few weeks ago when we enrolled her. She absolutely loved it. It was a bright spot for her as things got worse. I smelled it like she was in the room with me.

She was never the type that wanted to die but felt Fred's presence everyday. She told me a few weeks ago how she believed he was pulling on her to have her back in his arms.

The last conversation I had with her was the prior Sunday just before I headed back south. I thanked her for all the things she'd ever done for me. Without looking at me she said "didn't do much". I spent the next five minutes proving her wrong. How could you be raised by the most honest and sincere person and not share those qualities to some degree? She did eventually smile. All my brothers in the room fought back their tears. It was the very thing they had wanted her to know.

She knows now. She has access to anything and everything she's ever wanted to know. She knows how much I love her. She knows that she has restored my faith. Thanks to you Mom I now understand that the cancer that took your life was merely the vehicle that brought you to death. Although it seems that death is final, I realize that it is only the middle chapter of your life. A life you still live.

Most importantly, you are back in Fred's arms.

Thank you for everything. I'll love you for eternity, Mom.

My brothers and I laid our mother Elaine to rest this morning. She succumbed to her illness Sunday afternoon.

Before I tell you a bit about her, I should mention Fred. They were never just Fred. They were never just Elaine. They were always Fred AND Elaine.

When Dad died in September I knew in my bones that she wouldn't be far behind. This is a gift handed down to me from her. She always knew what was going to happen and was right most of the time. She had a very calm and thoughtful approach to honoring the deceased because as she made clear, "They're right here beside you if you'd take the time to look."

I never knew anyone so absolutely head strong as Mom. Honesty was a given. Truthfulness was a must. She was love in its purest form.

Giving up was never an option. She could literally will things to happen. She had wanted quiet as she grew closer. A few hours before she made her transition the power went out. She took her last shallow breath only twenty seconds before the power came on again.

I knew Saturday that she was close. I could distinctly smell the coconut spray shampoo in my home. Hospice had given it to her a few weeks ago when we enrolled her. She absolutely loved it. It was a bright spot for her as things got worse. I smelled it like she was in the room with me.

She was never the type that wanted to die but felt Fred's presence everyday. She told me a few weeks ago how she believed he was pulling on her to have her back in his arms.

The last conversation I had with her was the prior Sunday just before I headed back south. I thanked her for all the things she'd ever done for me. Without looking at me she said "didn't do much". I spent the next five minutes proving her wrong. How could you be raised by the most honest and sincere person and not share those qualities to some degree? She did eventually smile. All my brothers in the room fought back their tears. It was the very thing they had wanted her to know.

She knows now. She has access to anything and everything she's ever wanted to know. She knows how much I love her. She knows that she has restored my faith. Thanks to you Mom I now understand that the cancer that took your life was merely the vehicle that brought you to death. Although it seems that death is final, I realize that it is only the middle chapter of your life. A life you still live.

That was beautiful man. Condolences. 

F'n dusty in here.

Glad that she, and apparently you, have peace.

Some powerful stuff right here, very well written. 

My condolences

<3

Beautiful. You are all so beautiful. 

My heart goes out to you. 

Been to one wedding without d4rk.

Spent the whole night getting hit on by former jocks from my high school who wouldn't have given me the time of day/bullied me back when we were teens. At first it was kinda validating and funny. Then it got gross. No amount of dropping the b word helped. After enough booze, one of them got all dreamy eyed telling me about his new girlfriend, after trying to boink me all night.

Wait a minute. When were we at the same wedding? :p

Seriously though, I'm glad your sister doesn't have cancer. Hoping for the best for her.

iTInSn, my condolences.

This is beautiful man.