Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Honestly not sure which one is worse. Weddings only suck if you're in them

Weddings suck when you aren't single. Being single at a wedding is usually great. Unless it's a family members wedding. Being single at a friend's wedding is fantastic.

Weddings suck when you aren't single. Being single at a wedding is usually great. Unless it's a family members wedding. Being single at a friend's wedding is fantastic.

So it's my sister's wedding and I'm not single. So I'm :lol:

I don't know man, I always have a great time at weddings with my wife. I'll admit that the odds of getting some strange decrease dramatically, but there's an open bar and a dance floor at every one, so can't complain :flirt:

I don't know man, I always have a great time at weddings with my wife. I'll admit that the odds of getting some strange decrease dramatically, but there's an open bar and a dance floor at every one, so can't complain :flirt:

Yup, this. Unless it is someone I barely know (wife's / dates's friend etc), I can't get myself to complain about being surrounded by well-groomed people, looking to have fun, with an open bar. 

Decrease? I'd think they're completely non-existent :lol:

Sister does NOT have cancer. Thank heavens. That's the best news we've had in some time. 

Hysterectomy will be Monday. 

Her company (Honda, she's a translator through a contract company for them) had said she could probably work from home and use up all her vacation (5 weeks saved up over the years) and be "loaned" an extra week. Recovery is supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks. They don't do sick or disability for what she's going through. 

Kinda cruddy, but ok, we'll roll with it.

Well, today they said Nope, can't work from home either, we're gonna bring in a temp, who'll mess with all her files and systems... and good luck getting your job back. UNLESS she can guarantee she'll be back a week early. How the hell is she supposed to know that? She's getting a fu*king C SECTION to have her fu*king UTERUS removed at age thirty-fu*kin-three. 

Years of exemplary service, no benefits, treated like dirt. 

I. Hate. Corporate. Culture. 

Decrease? I'd think they're completely non-existent :lol:

Hey, a guy can dream for another go at the tricycle...  ;)

Sister does NOT have cancer. Thank heavens. That's the best news we've had in some time. 

Her company (Honda, she's a translator through a contract company for them) had said she could probably work from home and use up all her vacation (5 weeks saved up over the years) and be "loaned" an extra week. Recovery is supposed to be a minimum of 6 weeks. They don't do sick or disability for what she's going through. 

Well, today they said Nope, can't work from home either, we're gonna bring in a temp, who'll mess with all her files and systems... and good luck getting your job back. UNLESS she can guarantee she'll be back a week early. How the hell is she supposed to know that? She's getting a fu*king C SECTION to have her fu*king UTERUS removed at age thirty-fu*kin-three. 

Well. S###.

We can go ahead and ignore the stupid stuff i've been babbling about.

Hey, we're Millennials. We're not even people. 

Im sorry how does major surgery not count as sick leave? I would sue. I hate how sexist the US is. 

Good news is she doesn't have cancer, happy b her on that front. cancer. 

Seems like there is an FMLA complaint to be had if she is relieved. And since shes not direct hire, Id look into coemployment as well.

I know she's looking into it. But she's even more "hands in the air oh it cannot be helped woe is me i deserve to die" than I am. 

We were looking into suing her doctor who managed to miss all of this for years too. Us, a family that avoids legal stuff at all costs, looking into this stuff. Makes my head spin.

Doing what I can to keep spirits up- putting together a care package for her and such. I don't really have any money, but hell, this all sucks, I'll do what I can. 

I know she's looking into it. But she's even more "hands in the air oh it cannot be helped woe is me i deserve to die" than I am. 

We were looking into suing her doctor who managed to miss all of this for years too. Us, a family that avoids legal stuff at all costs, looking into this stuff. Makes my head spin.

Doing what I can to keep spirits up- putting together a care package for her and such. I don't really have any money, but hell, this all sucks, I'll do what I can. 

I think part of it is being happy she doesn't have cancer. That is the key here. 

I think part of it is being happy she doesn't have cancer. That is the key here. 

Abso-fu*kin-lutely. 

She'd already started "getting her affairs in order". I was convinced that if that were the diagnosis, she'd off herself. This isn't great, but it's certainly a little easier to breathe now. 

For every wedding I've been to as an adult (except for one), I've had my girlfriend-fiancee-wife with me. The one exception was my good buddy's wedding, but it was small and there wasn't a lot of "clientele" there.

At least for my brother-in-law's wedding, I met my wife's ex-boyfriend from high school. I clearly won that battle.  :flirt: