Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Maybe entirely too simple a solution, but have you tried probiotics?  Lots of probiotic drinks out there to choose from (GoodBelly, Kefir, etc.), or supplements (although those are pricey).  If it's something like IBS, this could help (gentle prebiotic soluble fiber supplement):  https://www.amazon.com/Heathers-Tummy-Organic-Acacia-Senegal/dp/B0002ON8DU

I've been eating probiotics and drinking kefir religiously. It worked very well for about two months, and now I'm the worst I've been in years. It's heart breaking. I finally thought I had it figured out. But I think stress/anxiety causes flare ups, and I'm buried in both right now. Probably need a psych before I get a GI doc. But again, money. I don't have it thanks to my inability to be good enough to get a goddamn job. 

Dealt with it on and off my whole life, but this is probably the worst it's been in a decade or so. My solution currently is just not eating much of anything. Can't get sick if there's nothing in there. Fun. 

I've been eating probiotics and drinking kefir religiously. It worked very well for about two months, and now I'm the worst I've been in years. It's heart breaking. I finally thought I had it figured out. But I think stress/anxiety causes flare ups, and I'm buried in both right now. Probably need a psych before I get a GI doc. But again, money. I don't have it thanks to my inability to be good enough to get a goddamn job. 

Dealt with it on and off my whole life, but this is probably the worst it's been in a decade or so. My solution currently is just not eating much of anything. Can't get sick if there's nothing in there. Fun. 

:(  I can't speak to the efficacy of her hypnotherapy program since I haven't tried it personally, but maybe worth a shot?

http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/books/hypnoibs.asp

:(

whenever I see a MacDonalds commercial their food looks so good so off I go but of course when I order my BigMac or 1/4 Pounder it looks like crap and doesn;t taste much better...looks so friggin good on TV though

Sounds like you need to pull a full blown Michael Douglas.

whenever I see a MacDonalds commercial their food looks so good so off I go but of course when I order my BigMac or 1/4 Pounder it looks like crap and doesn;t taste much better...looks so friggin good on TV though

Former roomie was a food photog. They literally shellac the meat with glazes/paint.. airbrush the buns and red tomatoes, etc etc and then make it even prettier in post production. I'd walk in and find her using hair conditioner or elmer's glue as "milk" in a cereal shoot and all kinds of other crazy things... And most photographed ice cream (not a brand's, like Friendly's for example, they legally HAVE to use their product, so they use crazy deep freeze techniques) is just lard, confectioner's sugar and food coloring. Fascinating stuff! 

:(  I can't speak to the efficacy of her hypnotherapy program since I haven't tried it personally, but maybe worth a shot?

http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/books/hypnoibs.asp

I'll look into it! Been trying to meditate/use other "calm the f*** down, b!tch" routines. I know my brain triggers these episodes, I just haven't had one last this long since early college. What can I say, I am this meme:

YgLOnmO.jpg

:(

Josie I hope you get well soon, it's horrible you have to go through that.

Thanks, guys. I'm just realllllly sick of it. It's super frustrating/depressing. Not something you can really just talk about, either. - Oh hello, how are you? Oh, lovely thanks, and you? Oh, you know, I've got the intestinal fortitude of a week old rotting corpse! Ah... nice... running into you... goodbye.... forever.... gross.

Former roomie was a food photog. They literally shellac the meat with glazes/paint.. airbrush the buns and red tomatoes, etc etc and then make it even prettier in post production. I'd walk in and find her using hair conditioner or elmer's glue as "milk" in a cereal shoot and all kinds of other crazy things... And most photographed ice cream (not a brand's, like Friendly's for example, they legally HAVE to use their product, so they use crazy deep freeze techniques) is just lard, confectioner's sugar and food coloring. Fascinating stuff! 

I'll look into it! Been trying to meditate/use other "calm the f*** down, b!tch" routines. I know my brain triggers these episodes, I just haven't had one last this long since early college. What can I say, I am this meme:

YgLOnmO.jpg

Thanks, guys. I'm just realllllly sick of it. It's super frustrating/depressing. Not something you can really just talk about, either. - Oh hello, how are you? Oh, lovely thanks, and you? Oh, you know, I've got the intestinal fortitude of a week old rotting corpse! Ah... nice... running into you... goodbye.... forever.... gross.

:lol: that meme is awesome, although your relation to it is not.   :cry:   I hope you can find something that helps... GI stuff is the worst, because it ruins your life but no one ever wants to hear about it.  :(

I started having abdominal pains last Sunday (the week before Easter), went to the doc on Tuesday morning, who promptly sent me to a general surgeon - thinking appendicitis. After 3+ hours waiting for the CT scan, it finally revealed no appendicitis, but a form of ulcerative colitis. A night of IV antibiotics cleared it up, though I was on a no food/no water restriction. However, I was supposed to see a GI doctor the following morning before I ate or drank anything.

At 5:00pm the next day, I finally got to see the doc. I was starving and my head was pounding from the lack of caffeine. I hadn't eaten anything since 6:30am the previous morning and finally got a clear liquid meal at 6:00 or so. Turns out, the GI doctors never got the message that I needed a consult, despite several calls from my nurse.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Wait, really? I haven't read any of the proposals in depth, but if down town can't service through traffic then what is the point?

Yes really. The folks preferring Downtown is more about a "transportation hub" and less about the purpose of the station which is to serve Amtrak ridership. We will still need to keep the stupid Depew station to service Westward trains.

https://www.buffalorising.com/2017/03/per-higgins-there-can-only-be-one/

Higgins explains the stupidity of the Exchange and Depew stations and how Central Terminal would solve both.

I started having abdominal pains last Sunday (the week before Easter), went to the doc on Tuesday morning, who promptly sent me to a general surgeon - thinking appendicitis. After 3+ hours waiting for the CT scan, it finally revealed no appendicitis, but a form of ulcerative colitis. A night of IV antibiotics cleared it up, though I was on a no food/no water restriction. However, I was supposed to see a GI doctor the following morning before I ate or drank anything.

At 5:00pm the next day, I finally got to see the doc. I was starving and my head was pounding from the lack of caffeine. I hadn't eaten anything since 6:30am the previous morning and finally got a clear liquid meal at 6:00 or so. Turns out, the GI doctors never got the message that I needed a consult, despite several calls from my nurse.

Oh god, that sucks so hard. UC is no joke. I hope you get a treatment plan that helps!!! And you feel better from that b.s.! 

My complaint Thursday is this, my youngest has 4 cavities and it is going to be $700 after insurance because insurance doesn't cover general anesthesia. Oh well, mario kart for switch comes out tomorrow, that makes me happy lol. 

Had a pinhole leak in the wall of my house. Ruined about 24sq ft of flooring.

That's the 4th such incident in the 10 years we've in that house. Water pressure is a major issue where we live and recently installed a new pressure regulator but apparently too late.

Forgot that running in the heat when you 1) Haven't really run in 2 years and 2) Haven't been in heat above 60 since last year is a baaad idea.

Nothing like ice packs and wishing you'd die to make the nausea go away.

But hey, my ankle didn't hurt for the first time ever, so... win! 

Forgot that running in the heat when you 1) Haven't really run in 2 years and 2) Haven't been in heat above 60 since last year is a baaad idea.

Nothing like ice packs and wishing you'd die to make the nausea go away.

But hey, my ankle didn't hurt for the first time ever, so... win! 

Did this exact same thing yesterday. Waiting until tomorrow (68 F for a high) to try again :P

I hate my job so much right now. 

Other news: play rec ball hockey, and some dude got angry and just slashed the hell outta my ankle. Giant bone bruise now. That and I loath car shopping.

All in all, nothing major though, so I'm happy :beer:

I hate my job so much right now.

Other news: play rec ball hockey, and some dude got angry and just slashed the hell outta my ankle. Giant bone bruise now. That and I loath car shopping.

All in all, nothing major though, so I'm happy :beer:

Car shopping sucks. Any idea what you're looking for?

Car shopping sucks. Any idea what you're looking for?

Mid-sized SUV with some power, but they all look like Equinox's now; I love the old Escape, but the new build is just miserable. Patriot has a nice look, but such a bad drive.

Test driven a ton of stuff, this weekend I'll be getting a Malibu, Cherokee, or Compass. Can't wait for it to be over with