Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

turkey burgers!

Yep, 'em. No taste having mother . Covered em in peppers and onions. They tasted like peppers and onions and fake flavorless meat substance.

Thursday is our quick dinner day. It has turned into healthy quick dinner day. It is truly awful. Seriously, I'm having a chicken patty with my son next week. My wife can eat all the turkey burgers that she wants.

Edited by ubkev

Yes and no. I just didn't want to start a new thread to post the birthday song :P

At least now I have a complaint. You were born in my senior year of high school. Thanks for making me feel old.

Huh, I guess I should look for that 30 year reunion notice in the mail (e or snail) now.

At least now I have a complaint. You were born in my senior year of high school. Thanks for making me feel old.

Huh, I guess I should look for that 30 year reunion notice in the mail (e or snail) now.

Do people go to reunions? I feel like in the age of Facebook, every day is a reunion.  ;)

Do people go to reunions? I feel like in the age of Facebook, every day is a reunion. ;)

I went to my 10 year, realized that I still don't like everyone that I didn't like in high school, that the dumb are still dumb, the drunks are still drunks and the people that I like can all hang out at the bar or restaurant anytime we're all in town. I can't wait to not go to my 20 year.

I went to my 10 year, realized that I still don't like everyone that I didn't like in high school, that the dumb ###### are still dumb, the drunks are still drunks and the people that I like can all hang out at the bar or restaurant anytime we're all in town. I can't wait to not go to my 20 year.

My 10 year is technically this spring, but I haven't heard anything. Not even on them newfangled facebooks. 

Which is fiiiine with me. I moved out of state and never went back for a reason!  :P

The rich girls all married rich guys and do nothing all day but hawk essential oils and that terrible LulaRoe crap online, the rich guys are all businessmen in the family biz or in rehab for heroin addiction, the poor kids are just ODing, aaaand there's a smattering of really cool people whose endeavors I follow on social media and will get a beer with someday. But most never left the area and all married each other. Perrysburg pride, yo. I'm good. 

I went to my 10 year, realized that I still don't like everyone that I didn't like in high school, that the dumb ###### are still dumb, the drunks are still drunks and the people that I like can all hang out at the bar or restaurant anytime we're all in town. I can't wait to not go to my 20 year.

I've never been to a reunion from high school.  in running across people I knew from HS on Facebook, I would say that my experience is quite different from yours.  After not hearing from people for 20-30 years and then reconnnecting, I've found that there's not much correlation between how close to/how much I liked people in high school versus as adults after a few decades.

I went to my 10 year, but missed the 20 year as MrsPie was almost ready to pop with RosePie. Would have been fun to go as most of the people that show up are cool. The people I didn't like don't show up which I take to mean they're having terrible lives and are embarrassed. I should have saved that last part for Fantastic Friday. :)

I don't like Reunions , most of the people I went to school with, are still the same immature brats they were back then.    

I'm a firm believer in people don't change ever :P    

This probably says more about you than anyone else. :D

This probably says more about you than anyone else. :D

Left myself wide open for that one, I know I haven't changed since I was in my teens.   Most people say I'm still the same guy since I was like 15. 

then again I was more mature than most of my friends back then Which is normal growing up in my situation.

I've never been to a reunion from high school.  in running across people I knew from HS on Facebook, I would say that my experience is quite different from yours.  After not hearing from people for 20-30 years and then reconnnecting, I've found that there's not much correlation between how close to/how much I liked people in high school versus as adults after a few decades.

Difference being "a few decades" as compared to only one? It was though no time had passed. No one had changed in the slightest. It felt like summer during sophomore year of college.

But then again, I didn't like high school very much, so why would I enjoy a reunion? More my fault, I'd say.

Now, a college reunion? That would be a whole different story...

While I have my pen out I'll mention the danger part here. My first ever SS post was here. I'd lurked for several years but finally was compelled the day we had a crane collapse at the UofR. One of those moments where you walk through a haze of WTF for a few days.

Last month we had an accident with a 40T bridge girder falling on a guy. He survived but is all messed up. He's not going to work again. Every pick is engineered. Everything we did was spot on. Drug tests. Vigorous training. Sometimes everything isn't enough. We make thousands upon thousands of flawless picks and then statistics take over. Worst part? All these people that do the dirty work of making the country great again are going to get the shaft.

While I have my pen out I'll mention the danger part here. My first ever SS post was here. I'd lurked for several years but finally was compelled the day we had a crane collapse at the UofR. One of those moments where you walk through a haze of WTF for a few days.

Last month we had an accident with a 40T bridge girder falling on a guy. He survived but is all messed up. He's not going to work again. Every pick is engineered. Everything we did was spot on. Drug tests. Vigorous training. Sometimes everything isn't enough. We make thousands upon thousands of flawless picks and then statistics take over. Worst part? All these people that do the dirty work of making the country great again are going to get the shaft.

Sucks dude. I'm sorry for your coworker. And your last sentence has always been true, for sure.

Worst part? All these people that do the dirty work of making the country great again are going to get the shaft.

Going to?  Have been.  Continuously since 1980 as far as I can tell.

And prayers to those affected....

Edited by We've

:(