Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Beautiful girl, so boring. Fun times

haha just ask d4rk, sometimes settling for a 6/10 with an interesting personality is ok  :thumbsup:  I knew a lot of models (some have really actually made a living out of it) in college. Going out with them was fascinating. Doors opened/opportunities appeared that never would for an average person like me, and sometimes I think not having to work for it made them less curious. 

But hey, you'll find someone. 

Waiting to find out if we're getting the apartment we applied for is making me super anxious. I just want this done so I know where we're moving to.  :ph34r: 

Also, my new-to-me '14 Impala now has more things wrong with it than my 21 year old station wagon. Started hearing a noise in the front end this week and I suspect I have a wheel bearing going. No doubt the previous owner probably drove the piss out of it and I'm the lucky guy who gets to replace the wear parts. :censored:  Between that and the dead infotainment center screen, looks like I'm spending a cool grand to get a car I just bought 2 months ago into shape. Naturally none of this stuff is warrantied.  :wallbash:

:( :( :(

i lost a good sized 3'x6' section of shingles on my roof yesterday. I've got plenty of ###### to do around the house nature, I don't need you effing it up some more and giving me another project to work on. :doh:

Ugh, I'm sorry. There's a pile of shingles in the courtyard outside my door. Bits of siding everywhere, too. Only good thing about renting is, not my problem... 

My complaint is just if we don't get approved for this apartment because I'm currently seeking full time employment (self employed doesn't count anywhere) I will be so absolutely disappointed in myself. I'll have officially effed more lives than just my own. 

Also, hockey. Good lord. Between the Sabres and the Red Wings I'm just not even watching anymore. I feel like a sh!t fan, but god. I have more pressing things to do. 

Edited by Josie914

It's been one of those weeks where literally nothing is going right at work.  

Monday: one of our major instruments malfunctioned and I wasted a good chunk of the afternoon taking and annotating pictures and videos for the vendor so they could see the problem.  They're sending someone out tomorrow to evaluate and I have to waste more time tomorrow on the phone with the rest of the group back east.  Also, the equipment calibration that had been scheduled for the morning had to be postponed when the service guy realized we don't have the replacement parts he needs, because the idiot they fired at the end of Jan. never ordered them.

Tuesday: between stupid meetings and other things running longer than they should have, got my experiment started about 3 hours later than planned, which started to throw off my entire week since there are a series of overnight steps that have to be at least a certain number of hours and won't allow me to start the following day until later than usual.

Wed.: in the middle of my experiment another piece of equipment completely malfunctions and becomes unusable, adding another hour to my already long day.

Today is going to be the fourth day this week that I've arrived before 8:30am and stayed until at least 9pm.  So ready for this week to be over.

haha just ask d4rk, sometimes settling for a 6/10 with an interesting personality is ok  :thumbsup:  I knew a lot of models (some have really actually made a living out of it) in college. Going out with them was fascinating. Doors opened/opportunities appeared that never would for an average person like me, and sometimes I think not having to work for it made them less curious. 

But hey, you'll find someone. 

It's so frustrating too. She checks off every box on paper, but man is she just a really bad conversationalist. Who knows, maybe she's just shy. Gonna see her again this weekend and see what happens.

And I know what you and d4rk look like, pretty sure he didn't settle for anything :beer:

Well, besides being a Buffalo fan

It's so frustrating too. She checks off every box on paper, but man is she just a really bad conversationalist. Who knows, maybe she's just shy. Gonna see her again this weekend and see what happens.

And I know what you and d4rk look like, pretty sure he didn't settle for anything :beer:

Well, besides being a Buffalo fan

True dat.

Waiting to find out if we're getting the apartment we applied for is making me super anxious. I just want this done so I know where we're moving to.  :ph34r: 

Also, my new-to-me '14 Impala now has more things wrong with it than my 21 year old station wagon. Started hearing a noise in the front end this week and I suspect I have a wheel bearing going. No doubt the previous owner probably drove the piss out of it and I'm the lucky guy who gets to replace the wear parts. :censored:  Between that and the dead infotainment center screen, looks like I'm spending a cool grand to get a car I just bought 2 months ago into shape. Naturally none of this stuff is warrantied.  :wallbash:

How many miles? Seems young to have bad bearings? I only say this because I've done a lot of reading on bearings, having suspected bearing problems in my car. I have a low purring/humming sound that starts at about 40 miles per hour. But it's been unchanged for several thousand miles, and I understand when bearings go the sound (described sometimes as a growling) gets worse and worse. Tires wear unevenly, you have steering wheel vibration. I suspect it's road noise from the cheapo Douglas tires I put on the car last summer.

I also have the power steering warning light coming on moments after I start the car (and the steering wheel is hard to run), then when I shift into reverse or drive, the light goes out and the steering is fine.

Cars suck. (And if you mention a certain rodent, you suck!)

How many miles? Seems young to have bad bearings? I only say this because I've done a lot of reading on bearings, having suspected bearing problems in my car. I have a low purring/humming sound that starts at about 40 miles per hour. But it's been unchanged for several thousand miles, and I understand when bearings go the sound (described sometimes as a growling) gets worse and worse. Tires wear unevenly, you have steering wheel vibration. I suspect it's road noise from the cheapo Douglas tires I put on the car last summer.

I also have the power steering warning light coming on moments after I start the car (and the steering wheel is hard to run), then when I shift into reverse or drive, the light goes out and the steering is fine.

Cars suck. (And if you mention a certain rodent, you suck!)

36,000 miles. Not young, but not exactly as early as I'd expect. But who knows how hard it got beat on for 3 years. The noise has only just started, and only when I'm taking hard left turns. I suspect the bearing is just starting to wear out. It could go another thousand miles, or totally freeze up tomorrow. I called West Herr and they scheduled me as an emergency for Monday morning.

I bet you're right about the tires in re your humming noise.

The power steering thing. Hmm. Have you tried giving it some throttle while in neutral and turning the wheel? It could be that there's some belt slip or something and the pump isn't getting enough help until the engine revs are up when you are actually driving it.

Random complaints for this week:

1) Bummed I can't join you all next weekend for the game.

2) Why do people respond to craigslist ads and pay no attention to the location?  Someone will reach out about an item, ask where I'm located, and when I tell them what area (which is already in the listing), they said, "Oh, that's an hour away, I live in x city.  Sorry!"  wtf, people?

3) Too much work, and too much eating dinner out of a vending machine because I don't feel like cooking when I finally get home after 9pm.

4) The proposed budget cuts to the NIH would be beyond devastating.

Edited by biodork

Six years later and still true. Even the kid part.

New complaint. Idiots at work who don't realize how good they have and are also too stupid to not make their life more difficult, and therefore mine.

I agree, although it's pretty easy to avoid, unless you work with a bunch of people who won't shut up about it. I didn't even know it was going on except for seeing the thread on here.

I agree, although it's pretty easy to avoid, unless you work with a bunch of people who won't shut up about it. I didn't even know it was going on except for seeing the thread on here.

I wouldn't even be following it if I didn't like taking money from my co-workers so much.  :angel:

:lol: 

Man, it would just be so much better for the economy if we were on a single payer system. The freedom it would give people to take jobs that don't have benefits would really benefit employers, particularly smaller ones that can't afford the luxury of helping pay workers health insurance. It would stimulate competition. You'd think "pro-business" Republicans would want to take the burden of providing health insurance off of the backs of businesses. 

Have you every dealt with a single payer system in America?

I have. Every day. It is horrible.

The State of PA is allowed to right rules into *their* single payer run insurance that are forbidden by private insurance companies. Ever hear of the term *gotcha rules*? 

Watch what you wish for, you just might wind up dying from it.

Have you every dealt with a single payer system in America?

I have. Every day. It is horrible.

The State of PA is allowed to right rules into *their* single payer run insurance that are forbidden by private insurance companies. Ever hear of the term *gotcha rules*?

Watch what you wish for, you just might wind up dying from it.

You say that like it has to be that way. Let's not pretend the Commonwealth of PA has ever given a crap about its people.

First time that my current gig has me stressed out.  Leaving for Europe in a couple days and I am making no progress with clearing my plate of time sensitive projects.  This will become a show while I'm gone.

You say that like it has to be that way. Let's not pretend the Commonwealth of PA has ever given a crap about its people.

It's been a very expensive and disheartening process. I can't get out of this State fast enough. 

It's a long story, but there are some very competent and truly good people at the State level. Sadly, they are not allowed to have any say as to how the money gets spent. 

:lol:

This is why I'm here. So many people have so many serious complaints or are dealing with real issues. I'm very thankful that I don't have anything major to complain about. I like the stupid little posts that make people laugh at how dumb I am.

The system thread got locked before I had a chance to inform Flagg we'd be having sex at the Sabrespace meetup. What an arousing series of posts.

I'll get him warmed up for ya. I'm sitting next to him for the game. I'll talk ya up. I shouldn't have to work too hard, rumor has it that he's really easy.

The system thread got locked before I had a chance to inform Flagg we'd be having sex at the Sabrespace meetup. What an arousing series of posts.

I had to fix a bunch of pictures that didn't do what I wanted them to, and then add the finishing touches, that's why I locked it hahah. I would have had it done in time but qwk had to go out and not be a loser like me.

Also, meet me in the stairwell behind section 315

I had to fix a bunch of pictures that didn't do what I wanted them to, and then add the finishing touches, that's why I locked it hahah. I would have had it done in time but qwk had to go out and not be a loser like me.

Also, meet me in the stairwell behind section 315

I totally thought it was a mic drop lock :lol: