Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Mid-sized SUV with some power, but they all look like Equinox's now; I love the old Escape, but the new build is just miserable. Patriot has a nice look, but such a bad drive.

Test driven a ton of stuff, this weekend I'll be getting a Malibu, Cherokee, or Compass. Can't wait for it to be over with

The Malibu is a great car. I'm very happy with my Impala. I think the current Chevy sedans are some of the best looking on the market. Get the Malibu with the 2.0L and enjoy.

Car shopping sucks. Any idea what you're looking for?

Car shopping is the worst thing ever invented.  I just don't get why some like and enjoy it.

Unless, of course, you find a 1992 Legend ...  :flirt:  and that likely leads to a 1994 Legend ...  :flirt:  :flirt:

My complaint is not really a complaint, as it is a happy and good thing.  My best friend is in Senegal to visit family and for medical treatments (if you remember, he is in a wheel chair since a car accident almost 10 years ago).  Took him to the airport yesterday ... what an adventure at security.

I am very happy for him, but I really miss him and am going to for at least 6 months.

My complaint Thursday is this, my youngest has 4 cavities and it is going to be $700 after insurance because insurance doesn't cover general anesthesia. Oh well, mario kart for switch comes out tomorrow, that makes me happy lol. 

They're using general anesthesia for cavities now?  Must be something they do for younger kids... only dental procedure I've had with full anesthesia was surgical removal (local only for all other major work).

They're using general anesthesia for cavities now? Must be something they do for younger kids... only dental procedure I've had with full anesthesia was surgical removal (local only for all other major work).

She's six, they said it was optional but they think the GA will be best so she's not traumatized etc. The more I read about it we may go with just laughing gas and local anesthesia, the general anestesia makes me nervous. This is from a really reputable pediatric dentistry too.

She's six, they said it was optional but they think the GA will be best so she's not traumatized etc. The more I read about it we may go with just laughing gas and local anesthesia, the general anestesia makes me nervous. This is from a really reputable pediatric dentistry too.

Ah, I gotcha.  I forgot that I had laughing gas once when I had a cavity filled at age 8 or 9, and my parents were cracking up in the office because apparently once it kicked in I was just giggling like a fool through the whole thing.   :lol:

They're using general anesthesia for cavities now?  Must be something they do for younger kids... only dental procedure I've had with full anesthesia was surgical removal (local only for all other major work).

I had an issue with a tooth that wouldn't numb so it was suggested. I ended up ignoring the cavity for awhile and then when I moved the new dentist didn't have an issue.

Compliant: I'm way over 40 hours already. Cue RJ voice: MattPie is way, WAY, Offside.

I had an issue with a tooth that wouldn't numb so it was suggested. I ended up ignoring the cavity for awhile and then when I moved the new dentist didn't have an issue.

Compliant: I'm way over 40 hours already. Cue RJ voice: MattPie is way, WAY, Offside.

Meaning the new dentist had no issue getting the tooth to numb?  My new dentist had to fill a cavity for me about two weeks ago, and she did the initial shot of local anesthesia but I still had some sensitivity left, so she did a second one.  She told me she only starts with the first because some people don't need the second if the root isn't as deep and the second injection is a little more painful, but did the trick!  Had the most bizarre sensation of feeling like I was going to swallow (or choke on) the roof of my mouth, though.   :wacko:

I went 4 years without seeing a dentist (I know, stupid!) when I finally went back, I had my first cavity of my life. I deserved it. No anesthetic, just drilled and filled. It didn't hurt at all. But I was also a grown man and not a 6 year old.

I went 4 years without seeing a dentist (I know, stupid!) when I finally went back, I had my first cavity of my life. I deserved it. No anesthetic, just drilled and filled. It didn't hurt at all. But I was also a grown man and not a 6 year old.

I went three years without going to the dentist and when I finally went back last fall they told me my teeth were perfect. So I figure maybe I'll wait another year or two :lol:

I went three years without going to the dentist and when I finally went back last fall they told me my teeth were perfect. So I figure maybe I'll wait another year or two :lol:

I have very hard teeth. They compliment me every time I go in on how my teeth look, but that time right after he finished saying it, he was like "but! You have a little speck back here that I'm going to drill out..." and I was all, wtf!

Me too. Just last week, after four years, had four cavities. No novicane. He only yapped me once, but it definitely hurt less that the shot.

Poison ivy.  I've been fighting it since I bought my house 8 years ago.  Have mostly eradicated it from the property by now.  Every once in awhile it sneaks up on me, as it did this week, judging by the current state of my forearms...

Feckin' Wacom tablet (my drawing tablet) is trying to die. We tried to fix the potentially obvious problems, no dice. The damn things only last a couple years now IF you're super careful with them... compared to my first one of the old design lasting 10. They monopolize the industry, and it'll cost about 350-400 to replace. I don't have that money. I know it's a tax writeoff like next year but god dammit, I hate this planned obsolescence BS. AND I hate Apple. Half of my 3 year old iMac's USB ports won't work anymore. Yeah yeah I know "DURR JO JUST GET A PC YOU DUMB IDIOT". And I probably will next time, because PCs are JUST NOW starting to reach Mac qualities of rendering. Again, I don't have $2+k to toss into a computer hole right now.

I'm using my little tiny travel backup tablet, but my art really suffers on it. And I have billions of deadlines right now. Including some really important stuff I don't want to screw up. 

PiTA. 

Edited by Josie914

Feckin' Wacom tablet (my drawing tablet) is trying to die. We tried to fix the potentially obvious problems, no dice. The damn things only last a couple years now IF you're super careful with them... compared to my first one of the old design lasting 10. They monopolize the industry, and it'll cost about 350-400 to replace. I don't have that money. I know it's a tax writeoff like next year but god dammit, I hate this planned obsolescence BS. AND I hate Apple. Half of my 3 year old iMac's USB ports won't work anymore. Yeah yeah I know "DURR JO JUST GET A PC YOU DUMB IDIOT". And I probably will next time, because PCs are JUST NOW starting to reach Mac qualities of rendering. Again, I don't have $2+k to toss into a computer hole right now.

I'm using my little tiny travel backup tablet, but my art really suffers on it. And I have billions of deadlines right now. Including some really important stuff I don't want to screw up. 

PiTA. 

FWIW, the art guy over at Penny Arcade was signing the praises of the MS Surface a few years ago.

FWIW, the art guy over at Penny Arcade was signing the praises of the MS Surface a few years ago.

I have heard wonderful things about it and advise students to get one IF they can afford it. They're close to the Cintiq without the price tag. But they start at $750. If you search and sell your soul you can find a SP4 for like... $400. They are incredible, though.

I'd love a Cintiq. But I don't have 3k. I keep telling myself "oh, some day" but here I am, realizing I'll never have the funds for something amazing like that since I can't even land a f**ing job in Buffalo. Oh well. I'm in a bad mood. Sorry. It's only my damn career. 

Edited by Josie914

We're definitely going to be looking at the Surface offerings when the time comes again. She really should have a laptop style solution so we're thinking we may have to go Surface then. Apple has become very frustrating to work with.

My complaint. My not that old truck didn't pass inspection and is getting worked on this morning to get it to pass.

You guys are getting a full dose of super caffinated me for a solid 3 hours.

I have given everyone of you a legitimate complaint this morning, me.

I've been at this company for 2+ years and I just figured out the back of my desk chair is adjustable. Who the hell hides the adjustment triggers on the bottom of the seatback where you can't see them? 

:doh:

Oh, you. 

I hate when you get a wrap made at a sandwich place, and they lay out the core (meat and cheese) all nice, then the fixins (lettuce tomato, peppers, avocado, etc, and whatever juice you use) on top of that, and it's perfect. Then they fold it and it still looks perfect, but they don't keep track of where the top is and when they cut it, at an angle, one half is mostly dry core and the other is all juicy fixins.

Oh, and something something ailing parents a days travel away an no way to go visit something something.

But man, that sandwich,...

I have heard wonderful things about it and advise students to get one IF they can afford it. They're close to the Cintiq without the price tag. But they start at $750. If you search and sell your soul you can find a SP4 for like... $400. They are incredible, though.

I'd love a Cintiq. But I don't have 3k. I keep telling myself "oh, some day" but here I am, realizing I'll never have the funds for something amazing like that since I can't even land a f**ing job in Buffalo. Oh well. I'm in a bad mood. Sorry. It's only my damn career. 

I have a Surface Pro 3 and am pretty happy with it.  My understanding is that there isn't much difference between the SP3 and the SP4.

One caution:  quite a few SP3 users have reported problems with battery life (and mine isn't great either) -- so if you buy one used, I would suggest grilling the owner about this point.

Good luck.