Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Yeah I just read Flagg's breakdown. I'll be joining in that stairway. And Flagg? You're drinking for free Saturday

BTW, SS twitter? That should be tweeted. That's the kind of post that separates this place from anywhere else 

Yeah I just read Flagg's breakdown. I'll be joining in that stairway. And Flagg? You're drinking for free Saturday

BTW, SS twitter? That ###### should be tweeted. That's the kind of post that separates this place from anywhere else 

Is this a bad time to mention that I don't drink alcohol?  :wacko: 

Or rather, don't enjoy it

If you try to buy me anything I will force you to eat it! Also nah, it's quite embarrassing actually, especially in a social setting like the Sabrespace meetup. 

Better than drinking too much and making an ass of yourself. Trust me, better to not have that problem :lol:

Come to the game and keep me company! 

I would love to but live about 4 1/2 hours away from Buffalo when is the group's meetup game? I was just in buffalo last weekend and will be going to the WC game in january. I go to buffalo once every year in march.

Going to the March Madness games on Saturday, and they still haven't announced game times. I don't need exact tips, but the time slots would be nice. At this point, I don't know if the first game will be at noon or at 7:00pm. Each would result in drastically different plans before and after. When you're coming in from out of town and have others meeting you, more than 24 hours notice would be nice!

First time that my current gig has me stressed out.  Leaving for Europe in a couple days and I am making no progress with clearing my plate of time sensitive projects.  This will become a ###### show while I'm gone.

Europe, where will you be going ? :p

Still bummed I can't join the group this weekend.  :(  MODO -- if someone tells you they enjoy your fragrance, try not to be weirded out.  ;)

Contractors are the worst. I have a plumbing project I want to try and get done next week, and it's like pulling teeth getting these people to respond and get something scheduled.  The one guy yesterday called my phone (I didn't answer), then immediately sent a text, then as I was reading the text called me again (I answered).  Kind of obnoxious, but I figured at least he's motivated for the work.  I told him I could text some pics of the shutoff valves that need to be replacing and he said yes and he could do a ballpark estimate from those.  Sent the pics right after we got off the phone.  Five hours later he sends an estimate that is very competitive.  I text back to confirm details and to ask how long he thinks it would take and tell him if it can be done in a certain timeframe I'd like to schedule for next Wed. morning.  That was at 9pm last night and I still haven't heard back.  WTF?

4 hour drive home in 20 foot visibility fog! Give me rain, sleet, snow, hurricane, tornado, but oh my God, fog can go itself! And so can my GPS for that matter! It decided not to bring me to 81 on my way home but to rt 220 and some serious country bump kin, hick roads. Like, no Internet, no cell service hick roads. Oh, and did I mention the fog? Almost hit 6, that's right, 6 deer! And where I made it to Buffalo in 3 hours 56 minutes (GPS said it would take 4:30) it took me the full 4 hours and 41 minutes to get home.

Seriously, that's as bad as I've got it. Awesome trip to Buffalo, made it home safe.

My lazy co-worker has reached new levels...while embroiled in a major project (moving a data center from one location to another) for almost two months, he sat on his rear end and didn't help much at all. I think he had the assumption that I would be doing all project work and he didn't have to help, unless he was specifically told to do so. Two other high-profile projects suffered while I was in the middle of the data center move - all he had to do was some basic stuff that he knows how to do. Meanwhile, executives and the CEO are wondering why these other high-profile projects aren't ready to go.

He then dropped the ball last week by never responding to a vendor, who brought it to our manager's attention. Guess who now has that project on top of three others - of course, they're all top priority.

My lazy co-worker has reached new levels...while embroiled in a major project (moving a data center from one location to another) for almost two months, he sat on his rear end and didn't help much at all. I think he had the assumption that I would be doing all project work and he didn't have to help, unless he was specifically told to do so. Two other high-profile projects suffered while I was in the middle of the data center move - all he had to do was some basic stuff that he knows how to do. Meanwhile, executives and the CEO are wondering why these other high-profile projects aren't ready to go.

He then dropped the ball last week by never responding to a vendor, who brought it to our manager's attention. Guess who now has that project on top of three others - of course, they're all top priority.

That sound you hear, it's a bus backing up, just waiting for someone to be thrown under it. I'll tolerate it for a little while, but I'm not holding anyone else's water. Nope, nope, nope.