Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I think you should look into that again, except for those devices sometimes blowing up , its a lot safer than smoking cigarrettes.

That's what they're telling you because they want your money, but it's really not known yet. Vaping hasn't been around long enough to be studied in depth. I suspect in the coming years we'll find out this stuff is terrible for you just like regular cigs.

That's what they're telling you because they want your money, but it's really not known yet. Vaping hasn't been around long enough to be studied in depth. I suspect in the coming years we'll find out this stuff is terrible for you just like regular cigs.

I'd be wary of anything that introduces particulates into the lungs.

yeah fair enough I guess so.

I'd be wary of anything that introduces particulates into the lungs.

Have seen some warnings about that, they don't know what will happen, then again I don't smoke so not my problem :p

I used to drink a 12 pack or more of beer every day as well. Beer and cigarettes go extremely well together. Once I cut back on drinking I went down to a carton a week which is still just a shade under 1.5 packs a day (28 or 29 depending on how you round it). Basically all kinds of event sparked me to light one up. Getting in my car, getting a phone call (outside of work), after meals, after sex, cracking a beer, etc.

well good news for you is, my uncle smokes 3 packs a day for like 30 years and is still alive and kicking :p

Haha he does (or did; he's still working on growing it back since the radiation killed off a lot of the hair on the right side of his face).

Dave Roff (I think just Roff should pull them up) -- the link looks like it's generic when the page first loads, but their entry is further down the screen.  But searching will find them, too.

Thanks, everyone!  I have no idea what their odds are, but it can't hurt to try.   :)

Done.

For someone with mild OCD, my iPhone makes me crazy. Why are there ALWAYS red dots to attend to and get rid of? If it's not missed calls or texts, it's email that I haven't read yet. And then there are all of the app updates. Every freakin day one of my apps needs an update! Hey Youtube, figure out your $#¡t! Why do you need to update every week!

And then there's the biggy, the red dot with a one in it telling me, nay, mocking me to update my OS.

…And if that's not enough, once I do download all of the updates, then I end up with a bunch of blue dots next to each updated app that I now have to open so I can get rid of them.

It's tiresome.

Edited by SwampD

For someone with mild OCD, my iPhone makes me crazy. Why are there ALWAYS red dots to attend to and get rid of? If it's not missed calls or texts, it's email that I haven't read yet. And then there are all of the app updates. Every freakin day one of my apps needs an update! Hey Youtube, figure out your $#¡t! Why do you need to update every week!

And then there's the biggy, the red dot with a one in it telling me, nay, mocking me to update my OS.

…And if that's not enough, once I do download all of the updates, then I end up with a bunch of blue dots next to each updated app that I now have to open so I can get rid of them.

It's tiresome.

That darn Apple Cult.

Only slightly worse that the Android Cult and the BlackBerry Cult ... I am a member of both of those.

This winter succckkksssss. What a letdown.

In general, yes, you are correct. However, since 1am when I woke up, until now, I've gotten 7 inches of beautiful powder. What a nice morning. Oh, and about 1/3 of the incoming shift has called-in, lol. Oh well, not my problem :)

Tried Chantix. I was a pack a day smoker at my peek. Chantix was absolutely horrible for me. It did stop the high you get from smoking but not the craving of it being a habit. After the sleepwalking and horrific nightmares and my Dr told me to stop taking it.

A friend suggested vaping, I smoked and vaped (24 mg mind you) for about a month and since then I'm off cigs and just vap. Working my way down to just 8mg nicotine. I consider it a success for myself and I can breathe again. No coughing, no hacking, I taste food, etc.

And I haven't had a drink in 9 months. Yay me.

Let he who has no vices cast the first stone...

Good for you.

Do what works. Chantix worked for me. I swear I still have some side effects 10 years later with my stomach from it. But, still way better than what the nicotine from using Copenhagen snuff would have done to me.

I can very easily finish my project. However I have to wait for analysis on the impact. The impact is believed to be exactly what we want, but the chain of people has gotten so large everyone wants to double check

So I sit at work watching barstool all day

Tried Chantix. I was a pack a day smoker at my peek. Chantix was absolutely horrible for me. It did stop the high you get from smoking but not the craving of it being a habit. After the sleepwalking and horrific nightmares and my Dr told me to stop taking it.

A friend suggested vaping, I smoked and vaped (24 mg mind you) for about a month and since then I'm off cigs and just vap. Working my way down to just 8mg nicotine. I consider it a success for myself and I can breathe again. No coughing, no hacking, I taste food, etc.

Good for you and good luck. Personally I wouldn't worry about stepping down on the nicotine strength though. The one I use currently is 4.0% nicotine by volume which is 40 mg/ml. Rather than smoking the same amount and stepping down on nicotine levels you'd probably be better off keeping the same level of nicotine in your e-cigarette and just using it less. That should give you the added benefit of saving you a few bucks as well, provided whatever brand you use charges the same price regardless of nicotine levels.

Edited by Drunkard

Congrats on the no drinking been 33 years for me. Still have a cigar once in a while but no cigs for 15 years. Hard candy help craving and lots of water and coffee.

People at work wasting my time by being obtuse and unclear when asking for things.  I have too much sh!t to do already now that I'm the only one here, and when you send me emails asking for information I already sent you and then asking for files I don't know how to generate from a massive software program I have yet to learn (after telling me you don't need them yet) the day after I worked 14 hours just trying to keep my head above water, I'm gonna be a little pissy about it.  So not in the mood to deal with stupid people today.

People at work wasting my time by being obtuse and unclear when asking for things. I have too much sh!t to do already now that I'm the only one here, and when you send me emails asking for information I already sent you and then asking for files I don't know how to generate from a massive software program I have yet to learn (after telling me you don't need them yet) the day after I worked 14 hours just trying to keep my head above water, I'm gonna be a little pissy about it. So not in the mood to deal with stupid people today.

I came in at 6:30 this morning just so I could get two hours of work done without anyone interrupting me. It's been one of those weeks.

I came in at 6:30 this morning just so I could get two hours of work done without anyone interrupting me. It's been one of those weeks.

That's a big part of why I've been staying late; after 5pm at least no new work is coming in and I can start trying to put a dent in the list (which never gets shorter).  :(

I'm so glad I never got into cigarettes/booze.  My mom smoked most of her life (she was able to successfully quit 8 or 9 years ago), and both of my parents have had problems with alcohol.  On top of that, I would say I have an addictive personality.  Fortunately, when I tried a cigarette, I was totally repulsed and that kept me away.  I've never found an alcoholic beverage that I really enjoy either, and I don't think I even got drunk once last year.  Now, the internet is an entirely different beast....

On the complaint side: lots of snow here. Wahhhhhh.

Jesus freaks trying to talk me into bible study while in the grocery store. Dude, I was raised Catholic. Church school, Mass every week, Catholic school. I don't need no Bible study. I know that book cold. Stuff your cult recruiting right up your ass.

It's tiresome.

Oh honey I hear ya. Apple's gone to hell.

My Mac keeps glitching out and corrupting files. Important, many layered files for clients. Effectively doubling my work time/screwing me over. It also doesn't believe my USB ports work half the time. It's only 2 years old.

My friend bought a new one... and the latest OSX update (Sierra) apparently doesn't work with tablets. Which uh... artists need to draw with. Her linework is now jagged and crunchy and awful, and there is no fix at this time. Thank GOD I didn't listen to the incessant nagging to update....

So yeah, if I ever get a decent job and have money and worth again, I'm buying a PC. Apple is sh!t. Quality is gone. PC screens are good enough with graphics for art use now that I am willing to switch. RIP Steve Jobs.