Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Been dealing with an URI for about 5 days now. Starting to hear rattling and whistling noises when I breath. I guess I'll be seeing the doc tomorrow......

I had that since Christmas. Felt like I had fluid in my lungs; coughing and out of breath. It finally went away this week.

Sometimes I hate owning a house.  I can't call up the landlord and say 'hey, man this, or that, is on the fritz'.

Our boiler has been showing signs that it is a little tired ... the hot water has not been as hot as in the past.

Ugghhh ... I hate having to deal with this crap.  Our lives are frazzled enough without something extra.

I really hope you are taking note d4rk, you potential house buyer, you.

Sometimes I hate owning a house. I can't call up the landlord and say 'hey, man this, or that, is on the fritz'.

Our boiler has been showing signs that it is a little tired ... the hot water has not been as hot as in the past.

Ugghhh ... I hate having to deal with this crap. Our lives are frazzled enough without something extra.

I really hope you are taking note d4rk, you potential house buyer, you.

I'll come fix that boiler for you if you want. :p

Those of you who follow this thread regularly know just how much my dad and stepmom have been through in the last couple of years.  I convinced him to submit an entry to Bankrate.com's Money Makeover contest, and if anyone is so inclined, you can read his entry and vote for them here (scroll way down):

http://bit.ly/2j6OBzy

Week two of trying to hold down the fort myself at work, and there just aren't enough hours in the day.  I appreciate the vote of confidence from higher-ups about my ability to get it done, but there's so much to do and I'm so very tired.

Edited by biodork

Those of you who follow this thread regularly know just how much my dad and stepmom have been through in the last couple of years. I convinced him to submit an entry to Bankrate.com's Money Makeover contest, and if anyone is so inclined, you can read his entry and vote for them here (scroll way down):

Aaand done! Voting for this is the least that any of us could do. (at least I think I voted, it linked me to a Facebook page, and I don't have Facebook)

Those of you who follow this thread regularly know just how much my dad and stepmom have been through in the last couple of years.  I convinced him to submit an entry to Bankrate.com's Money Makeover contest, and if anyone is so inclined, you can read his entry and vote for them here (scroll way down):

Week two of trying to hold down the fort myself at work, and there just aren't enough hours in the day.  I appreciate the vote of confidence from higher-ups about my ability to get it done, but there's so much to do and I'm so very tired.

Absolutely voting for them. They've been through so much. 

Also, your dad has a cool beard. 

Easy enough; done.

For some reason I can't get the link to it! What is the name?

All the crap for Channel 2 in my facebook feed. I enjoy quick snippets of news here and there but the barrage of crap coming out of that feed is really annoying. Plus, you can't see the whole baited story unless you watch a 15 second commercial for Roswell or something.

This one today: "The wrapper of your fast food is linked to cancer." Like, the food itself has nothing to do with it? If you can raise an animal, kill it, process it, freeze it, ship it across the country, pay someone to cook it, add ketchup and a bun, pay someone to hand it to you, and only charge a dollar - there's a good chance it's not good for your body.

Absolutely voting for them. They've been through so much. 

Also, your dad has a cool beard. 

Haha he does (or did; he's still working on growing it back since the radiation killed off a lot of the hair on the right side of his face).

Easy enough; done.

For some reason I can't get the link to it! What is the name?

Dave Roff (I think just Roff should pull them up) -- the link looks like it's generic when the page first loads, but their entry is further down the screen.  But searching will find them, too.

Thanks, everyone!  I have no idea what their odds are, but it can't hurt to try.  :)

Vapers, hey good for you going healthier but doesn't mean I want to smell a wave of vanilla when I'm eating at work.

Vaping seems like one of those things where we're going to find out in 10 years that it's twice as bad as asbestos for your lungs.

Very minor complaint: my wife drinks my beer. Generally I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to pour a single beer and nurse it for an hour while I'm cooking or whatever. I feel oddly pressured, since if I don't drink the beer it'll be gone. :)

Very minor complaint: my wife drinks my beer. Generally I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to pour a single beer and nurse it for an hour while I'm cooking or whatever. I feel oddly pressured, since if I don't drink the beer it'll be gone. :)

Wait, she drinks it out of your glass or she takes it out of the fridge? If the beer is in the fridge, it's fair game(easy for me to say, I'm the only drinker in the house). But once you've removed the beer from the fridge, you have laid claim to it and it can no longer be touched by anyone else.

Vapers, hey good for you going healthier but doesn't mean I want to smell a wave of vanilla when I'm eating at work.

Vaping totally ain't healthy. I'll stick to getting cancer the all natural way.  :ph34r: 

Everyone who vapes is a tool. It's not even debatable. 

Voted for ya, Bio! Hope they win!!! 

My complaint is that although I love freelance, and I'm absolutely rolling in it (14 hours a day pretty much), there is just no money to be had. Even asking a decent rate, there is just no money. As in, I can only do this another month or two before I'll have eaten up the rather sizeable nest egg I'd saved up. And I can't get a part time job if I plan to move anywhere from 1-3 months from now. 

Resume panicking and identity crisis and worthlessness. Don't choose art, kids, no matter how good you are. You'll pay. Stupid me.