Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Wait, she drinks it out of your glass or she takes it out of the fridge? If the beer is in the fridge, it's fair game(easy for me to say, I'm the only drinker in the house). But once you've removed the beer from the fridge, you have laid claim to it and it can no longer be touched by anyone else.

We've shared beers at times since we were dating; my wife generally "doesn't want a whole beer" these days (unless it's 3 1/2s of my beers). :)

2 weeks now with this upper respiratory thing. Not getting any better. Tired of feeling crappy and worn down. Tired of coughing. Tired of my nose being raw and my lips chapped.

Damn. You mean I have at least another week of this?

Vaping seems like one of those things where we're going to find out in 10 years that it's twice as bad as asbestos for your lungs.

I cant imagine it when I see the plumes of whatever billowing out of vapors pie holes.

Vaping totally ain't healthy. I'll stick to getting cancer the all natural way. :ph34r:

Everyone who vapes is a tool. It's not even debatable.

Yeah I don't have an argument

Very minor complaint: my wife drinks my beer. Generally I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to pour a single beer and nurse it for an hour while I'm cooking or whatever. I feel oddly pressured, since if I don't drink the beer it'll be gone. :)

Here's is how this would go in my house:

"Honey can you get you own beer, I kinda like just drinking mine."

"If you want me to put your ##### in my mouth, you are going to have to tolerate your beer in my mouth as well."

Guess I'm a tool then.

Same here, although I'm just a part timer right now. April will make 20 years I've been a full time smoker and starting this January I've been cutting back on my full flavor Pall Malls and supplementing my habit with the full flavor version of those Mark Ten XL e-cigarettes. So far it's working but I'm still in the early stages. I used to smoke 2 packs a day, then got down to 1 carton a week. Then I had a carton last me 11.5 days and the following one lasted me an even 12 days so I'm under a pack a day now. I'm currently on day 13 of my current carton with about half a pack left and the next goal is to make my next carton last at least 15 days then see if I can make the one after that last even longer. The end goal is to switch to the e-cigarettes full time by April and eventually kick that habit as well. We'll see how it goes.

Same here, although I'm just a part timer right now. April will make 20 years I've been a full time smoker and starting this January I've been cutting back on my full flavor Pall Malls and supplementing my habit with the full flavor version of those Mark Ten XL e-cigarettes. So far it's working but I'm still in the early stages. I used to smoke 2 packs a day, then got down to 1 carton a week. Then I had a carton last me 11.5 days and the following one lasted me an even 12 days so I'm under a pack a day now. I'm currently on day 13 of my current carton with about half a pack left and the next goal is to make my next carton last at least 15 days then see if I can make the one after that last even longer. The end goal is to switch to the e-cigarettes full time by April and eventually kick that habit as well. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck!

My friend back home nearly kicked a 2 pack a day habit. Then her life got turned upside down and she's back to a pack plus a day and uses the e-cigs to cope. I hope she'll try again when things smooth out (her divorce is final next week). 

My friend here kicked her nicotine habit a good 2 years ago and she's doing so much better, health-wise. She smokes a lot of weed, but no more cigs. 

Rootin' for ya. 

We've shared beers at times since we were dating; my wife generally "doesn't want a whole beer" these days (unless it's 3 1/2s of my beers). :)

Buy her a pack of stubby bottles. 

I cant imagine it when I see the plumes of whatever billowing out of vapors pie holes.

Girl I knew from college is a spokesperson for a vaping company up here, drives a car all wrapped in the shop's logos and stuff. She's the canary in the coal mine for me on this stuff. I've never seen someone smoke or vape as much as this chick. She loves the culture and what she does, so good for her, but I can't imagine it's good for her at those levels. 

No offense, but 2 packs a day absolutely baffles me. How do you even manage that? Both physically and timewise

I used to drink a 12 pack or more of beer every day as well. Beer and cigarettes go extremely well together. Once I cut back on drinking I went down to a carton a week which is still just a shade under 1.5 packs a day (28 or 29 depending on how you round it). Basically all kinds of event sparked me to light one up. Getting in my car, getting a phone call (outside of work), after meals, after sex, cracking a beer, etc.

I used to drink a 12 pack or more of beer every day as well. Beer and cigarettes go extremely well together. Once I cut back on drinking I went down to a carton a week which is still just a shade under 1.5 packs a day (28 or 29 depending on how you round it). Basically all kinds of event sparked me to light one up. Getting in my car, getting a phone call (outside of work), after meals, after sex, cracking a beer, etc.

I see where you're coming from on that. I went into a binge this weekend, killed 2 30s and a litre. Of course that also meant 3 tins

Good luck!

My friend back home nearly kicked a 2 pack a day habit. Then her life got turned upside down and she's back to a pack plus a day and uses the e-cigs to cope. I hope she'll try again when things smooth out (her divorce is final next week). 

My friend here kicked her nicotine habit a good 2 years ago and she's doing so much better, health-wise. She smokes a lot of weed, but no more cigs. 

Rootin' for ya. 

Buy her a pack of stubby bottles. 

Girl I knew from college is a spokesperson for a vaping company up here, drives a car all wrapped in the shop's logos and stuff. She's the canary in the coal mine for me on this stuff. I've never seen someone smoke or vape as much as this chick. She loves the culture and what she does, so good for her, but I can't imagine it's good for her at those levels. 

Thanks. E-cigarettes definitely take the edge off when I'm craving a real cigarette but they're definitely not the same and I still want a real cigarette the entire time I'm using the electronic one. The base I work on regulates them the same as tobacco so I have to go outside to use it at least 50 feet from any entry/exit to any building which is fine. My e-cigarette looks like a cigarette though and expels a similar amount of vapor that a cigarette would expel in smoke. I've met people that use those various contraptions that make people spew vapor like a some wannabe dragon or some such nonsense and I can see why people would find it obnoxious because I find obnoxious even though I still smoke both real and electronic cigarettes.

Edited by Drunkard

Guess I'm a tool then.

Maybe? I've never met you. I imagine it's taking every ounce of self restraint not to talk about vaping in every thread here.  :P

I'm saying this to you as a friend. Get off of e-cigarettes as fast as you can. Even if you're using vaping to quit smoking cigarettes, don't get comfortable with vaping. I have a baaaaad bad feeling about the things we're going to learn about vaping in the coming years. 

Maybe? I've never met you. I imagine it's taking every ounce of self restraint not to talk about vaping in every thread here.  :P

I'm saying this to you as a friend. Get off of e-cigarettes as fast as you can. Even if you're using vaping to quit smoking cigarettes, don't get comfortable with vaping. I have a baaaaad bad feeling about the things we're going to learn about vaping in the coming years. 

I'm not too worried. With all the chemicals they put in actual cigarettes they have to be at least moderately better, so I'll roll the dice and take my chances. At least they put the ingredients on the cartridge packs. They never did that for real cigarettes. I've tried to quit several times over the years and was unsuccessful. This will be the first time I've tried to quit smoking since all the vaping crap has been around so I'm hoping using those as a crutch when I adjust to no longer smoking will help me out and keep me on the path to quitting without ripping the heads off of co-workers and random people I interact with.

I'm not too worried. With all the chemicals they put in actual cigarettes they have to be at least moderately better, so I'll roll the dice and take my chances. At least they put the ingredients on the cartridge packs. They never did that for real cigarettes. I've tried to quit several times over the years and was unsuccessful. This will be the first time I've tried to quit smoking since all the vaping crap has been around so I'm hoping using those as a crutch when I adjust to no longer smoking will help me out and keep me on the path to quitting without ripping the heads off of co-workers and random people I interact with.

I hope it works for you man, sincerely. Everyone I know who has kicked smoking said it was the best thing they ever did for themselves.

I hope it works for you man, sincerely. Everyone I know who has kicked smoking said it was the best thing they ever did for themselves.

Thanks. My Dad smoked for over 30 years and it took him spending several days in the cancer ward of a hospital (only bed available) after having his gallbladder removed for him to finally quit. The real test will be those first couple of times drinking without smoking. If I can get through that, I'll be golden.

Voted for ya, Bio! Hope they win!!! 

My complaint is that although I love freelance, and I'm absolutely rolling in it (14 hours a day pretty much), there is just no money to be had. Even asking a decent rate, there is just no money. As in, I can only do this another month or two before I'll have eaten up the rather sizeable nest egg I'd saved up. And I can't get a part time job if I plan to move anywhere from 1-3 months from now. 

Resume panicking and identity crisis and worthlessness. Don't choose art, kids, no matter how good you are. You'll pay. Stupid me. 

Thanks, lady!  :)

Thanks. My Dad smoked for over 30 years and it took him spending several days in the cancer ward of a hospital (only bed available) after having his gallbladder removed for him to finally quit. The real test will be those first couple of times drinking without smoking. If I can get through that, I'll be golden.

Ever try Chantix?

Side effects are horrible.

Need to take it for about 2-1/2 months.

When you're done, you'll be done with nicotine and will definitely not be addicted to Chantix.

Ever try Chantix?

When you're done, you'll be done with nicotine and will definitely not be addicted to Chantix.

Had a former work buddy that successfully quit using it. He said it gave him the craziest dreams ever. I never go to the doctor though (despite having insurance) so I've never bothered to get a prescription for it. If the e-cigarettes don't work though, that'll probably be the next thing I try.

Ever try Chantix?

Tried Chantix. I was a pack a day smoker at my peek. Chantix was absolutely horrible for me. It did stop the high you get from smoking but not the craving of it being a habit. After the sleepwalking and horrific nightmares and my Dr told me to stop taking it.

A friend suggested vaping, I smoked and vaped (24 mg mind you) for about a month and since then I'm off cigs and just vap. Working my way down to just 8mg nicotine. I consider it a success for myself and I can breathe again. No coughing, no hacking, I taste food, etc.

And I haven't had a drink in 9 months. Yay me.

Let he who has no vices cast the first stone...

My wife quit smoking after dating me for 2 weeks. After a week she was on Chantix, after 2 she was done. I'm persuasive that way. She said that after 2 days of Chantix, she couldn't stand the smell of smoke and that she had to wash all her clothes hanging in her closet again.

And WildCard, 3 tins in a weekend? Your gums bleeding, dude? At my height, a tin would last me at least 3 days. But I also leave a dip in for an hour or more at a time and I don't spit (yeah, I know).

Vaping totally ain't healthy. I'll stick to getting cancer the all natural way.  :ph34r: 

Everyone who vapes is a tool. It's not even debatable. 

I think you should look into that again, except for those devices sometimes blowing up , its a lot safer than smoking cigarrettes.