Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

OK....someone try and complain about traffic with a straight face, now...........

How does she do with music, Swamp? For some reason I see Art Garfunkel's voice as being medicinal.

She loves music. She may not talk but she can sure tell me when she doesn't like something. Unfortunately, she likes what every 9 or 10 year old girl likes, top 40 radio. I don't know how they know.

And would it kill people to use their blinkers. I think they are optional in NJ.

Thanks Chz. Sorry if we cut your vacay short.

My complaint.

If I wanted to get my daughter stoned, I'm pretty confident that within two hours, I could leave my house and come back with some pot and get her stoned. I don't want to do that, though.

She currently takes 2 different anti-seizure meds and one behavioral med (a lot, twice a day, every day), plus melatonin so she can sleep. She has already gone through most of the different medications and in a couple of months, when she outgrows her current dosage of these, after the next increase she will be really low on options. So, we brought it up with her pediatrician and her neurologist and they are on board with her trying medical marijuana.

It can only be prescribed from registered doctors. None of her regular dr.s are registered, of course. So we go to one who is, after making sure that we have all the appropriate paperwork and signed letters from her "team." While filling out all the online screens of the application process, the doctor's asst. says,"I've never seen this screen before. I'll be right back." As it happens, my daughter is their first minor, and in addition to all the other hoops we have to jump through, she also needs a letter from a psychiatrist.

So, a kid who has constant seizure activity, so much that her own brain won't let her learn stuff, including how to be verbal (or use the toilet or silverware, but that's for another complaint day) has to go and "talk" to a shrink so they can write a letter saying she knows the pros and cons of weed. And I don't know if anyone here has ever talked to a psychiatrist before, but they are all batsh!t crazy.

Like I said, I could get her stoned in two hours if I wanted to, but I really want to do it right, scientifically, with the right people tracking her progress. What a royal pain in the ass. I should also say that none of it is covered and it's going to cost about 2 grand just to be able to do what I could do for free at Washington Square Park.

Good luck, Swamp... you've got an uphill climb, but I hope everything works out with your daughter.

End of month at work...It's a mad scramble to steal as much billable work from the following month to pad stats for the current month, leaving the next month light meaning we repeat the vicious cycle :doh:

Also - Night shifts. My girlfriend is an RN with her BSN and she works 7p - 7a a few times a week, and a lot of weekends. It makes seeing each other difficult and our sleep schedules are WAY out of whack. I cannot wait until she gets the day shift back (only a couple more months :unsure: )

End of month at work...It's a mad scramble to steal as much billable work from the following month to pad stats for the current month, leaving the next month light meaning we repeat the vicious cycle :doh:

Also - Night shifts. My girlfriend is an RN with her BSN and she works 7p - 7a a few times a week, and a lot of weekends. It makes seeing each other difficult and our sleep schedules are WAY out of whack. I cannot wait until she gets the day shift back (only a couple more months :unsure: )

Is the accounting staff in on this end of month scam? I would think that such shenanigans are contrary to GAAP south of the boarder, as they are here in the Great White North.

As to the bolded and underlined ... new development? :thumbsup:

The conversation my girlfriend is having with one of our co workers. It's ###### mind numbingly stupid. Trying to order pizza and this broad cant understand what a cheese pizza. She says "I'm getting 2 plain pizzas. One with peppers and onions and one with pepperoni." So I says "well that's not plain at all." This conversation when in a circle for about 25 minutes until I had to intervene and explain that "plain pizza" as the co worker referred to it as is actually dough, sauce and cheese. She still couldn't grasp this concept and in the end I said "###### it! We'll bring the pizza!"

Everyone's overly-disgusting love for the Red Sox. I hope everyone realizes they are not the underdogs anymore and don't play second fiddle to the Yankees like they did for years. This is not 2004 anymore...let's not love them because they're the anti-Yankees. (Full disclosure...I am a Yankees fan, so watching them win did sting a little, but I sincerely always try to keep an open mind and try not to judge all things baseball with my pinstripe-colored glasses)

David Ortiz is treated like a God in Boston (and probably most of the country outside of NYC). I'd have no problem with that if his name didn't show up on a list of players who tested positive for some PED. Granted, that was 10 years ago, but this was brought up in 2009 and he vowed to show us the proof that he didn't take anything. We've yet to hear from him about that since then and the suspicion is always going to be there for me.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

NHL Gamecenter and replays. It's really annoying that once a game completes, it's unavailable to watch for a few hours while (I assume) they process out all the commercials and intermissions. Twice this year I didn't manage to start the game before it was over and couldn't watch it at least until I went to sleep around midnight. If I had started it 2 minutes before the end, I'd be able to watch the entire game.

Everyone's overly-disgusting love for the Red Sox. I hope everyone realizes they are not the underdogs anymore and don't play second fiddle to the Yankees like they did for years. This is not 2004 anymore...let's not love them because they're the anti-Yankees. (Full disclosure...I am a Yankees fan, so watching them win did sting a little, but I sincerely always try to keep an open mind and try not to judge all things baseball with my pinstripe-colored glasses)

David Ortiz is treated like a God in Boston (and probably most of the country outside of NYC). I'd have no problem with that if his name didn't show up on a list of players who tested positive for some PED. Granted, that was 10 years ago, but this was brought up in 2009 and he vowed to show us the proof that he didn't take anything. We've yet to hear from him about that since then and the suspicion is always going to be there for me.

I am now as sick of the Red Sox as I always was of the Yankees. They're pretty much two shades of the same color, to me.

I am now as sick of the Red Sox as I always was of the Yankees. They're pretty much two shades of the same color, to me.

Yep!

I am usually supportive of surrounding people rooting for a team if I don't have an emotional or wagering interest in the event....but last night, surrounded by RedSox people...I couldn't withhold by disdain. Right off the bat with the anthem....I'm like, "Who are these guys? Some Boston A-holes?"....sure enough.....

It's like some Ginger found the Blessed Shillelagh in the men's room of Faneuil Hall, and now they think they are the chosen ones......

Thanks for the Tea Party back in the day fellas.....I think you got your 200 years of goodwill out of that one.....

Like Republicans vs. Democrats. :P

Who is the Libertarian baseball team, anyway? Gotta be Houston, right? No chance in hell of winning anything. :P

Yep!

I am usually supportive of surrounding people rooting for a team if I don't have an emotional or wagering interest in the event....but last night, surrounded by RedSox people...I couldn't withhold by disdain. Right off the bat with the anthem....I'm like, "Who are these guys? Some Boston A-holes?"....sure enough.....

It's like some Ginger found the Blessed Shillelagh in the men's room of Faneuil Hall, and now they think they are the chosen ones......

Thanks for the Tea Party back in the day fellas.....I think you got your 200 years of goodwill out of that one.....

The teams definitely have their differences, but Red Sox fans and Yankees fans are now one in the same. I get a good laugh any time I read a post like yours getting annoyed by a little 5 minute encounter with these people. Try dealing with it 24/7. It drives you mad.

Is the accounting staff in on this end of month scam? I would think that such shenanigans are contrary to GAAP south of the boarder, as they are here in the Great White North.

As to the bolded and underlined ... new development? :thumbsup:

It's a mix of accounting and senior management. It is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, we had an audit today as well, and I ended up having to sit in with the auditors to explain the different testing we are capable of and talk about quality procedures, etc. My mind is numb at the moment.

In regards to girlfriends, my ex and I broke up in February, and then a month and a half later I met this girl out of nowhere (not really nowhere, as our mom's were coworkers and set us up), around the same time that I got my current job. It was perfect timing for the both of us, and things just took off. I'm probably in the best place I've ever been, but that's for another thread.