Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Agreed; unless they've known about it for a while and have already had other tests done that ink isn't aware of, watchful waiting isn't really the way to go right after diagnosis.

Depends on the type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma - I should know ... I was diagnosed with follicular B-cell lymphoma in early 2005 and was put on watch-and-wait right after a biopsy. Almost 8 years later and I've had no treatment and am living the same life I was before the diagnosis. Most days I don't even think about it ...

Best of luck with the family member ...

Depends on the type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma - I should know ... I was diagnosed with follicular B-cell lymphoma in early 2005 and was put on watch-and-wait right after a biopsy. Almost 8 years later and I've had no treatment and am living the same life I was before the diagnosis. Most days I don't even think about it ...

Best of luck with the family member ...

Thanks that info is encouraging

I don't know if it's listed wrong in our directory or if he keeps giving people the wrong extension, but I'm really getting tired of fielding calls for my boss on our lab phone. A lot of the time I have gloves on if I'm working on an experiment, and sometimes the steps are time-sensitive. And apart from the general annoyance of it, because he's an MD/PhD who sees patients, the calls are often either patients looking for him or other doctors calling to discuss their cases, so I end up hearing information I really shouldn't. There are times when he'll step out for a few minutes and ask me to take a message if his office phone rings, too. WTF, I'm not the damn secretary! Maybe if he'd set up his freaking voicemail so he could get messages like a normal person and not have the phone ring endlessly he wouldn't have to ask. (And seriously; what kind of an ###### calls someone and lets the phone ring 15-20 times before hanging up? If you haven't gotten voicemail by the 5th or 6th ring, it ain't happening.)

In this day and age, I'm not sure who has more unreasonable prices, veterinerians or dentists... It's a close race

my wife and i took a 4-day trip this past fall to celebrate a significant anniversary. we spared no expenses.

in the weeks before we went, i had a root canal done, a crown installed, and, finally, two sessions of perio-/planing [?] work on a mouth that had been neglected for a mere 20 months.

the latter cost more than the former, and it wasn't really that close.

My department at work is being downsized. I had to tell to technicians their positions have been eliminated (they have been provided other positions in the company) and I had to tell a third he was being bumped from first to second shift. I haven't even been in my position for a month.

Edited by inkman

My department at work is being downsized. I had to tell to technicians their positions have been eliminated (they have been provided other positions in the company) and I had to tell a third he was being bumped from first to second shift. I haven't even been in my position for a month.

They promoted you to do the dirty work?

I love Christmas and that time of year, but I can't stand people celebrating it in early November. It's as if people forget about Thanksgiving (I know - it's all about the stores and shopping and that crap, but it still ticks me off).

On that note, my company does a Holiday Sharing drive each year starting around this time. Every employee is encouraged to donate money, which will go towards local charities, organizations who help the needy, etc. On top of that, the company will donate an extra $100 to the program for each department that shows 100% participation (that is, every member of that department donates *something*). There are three people in my department. My boss and I have already contributed. The 3rd guy is refusing to do so. I don't know him THAT well, but he's been working here since April and it's not like he was jobless before that he's just getting out of debt or anything. He won't contribute a dollar. I asked him if even $5 would really break him and the conversation went something like this...

Him: Hey, that $5 is my breakfast budget for the week. Do you want me to starve?

Me: What about those who are already starving?

Him: You mean like me around 3:00 every day?

Dude...are you F***KING SERIOUS?!???!?!

They promoted you to do the dirty work?

I was hired 6 months ago for my position. The bean counter making the call has been in his spot for half that time.

I love Christmas and that time of year, but I can't stand people celebrating it in early November. It's as if people forget about Thanksgiving (I know - it's all about the stores and shopping and that crap, but it still ticks me off).

On that note, my company does a Holiday Sharing drive each year starting around this time. Every employee is encouraged to donate money, which will go towards local charities, organizations who help the needy, etc. On top of that, the company will donate an extra $100 to the program for each department that shows 100% participation (that is, every member of that department donates *something*). There are three people in my department. My boss and I have already contributed. The 3rd guy is refusing to do so. I don't know him THAT well, but he's been working here since April and it's not like he was jobless before that he's just getting out of debt or anything. He won't contribute a dollar. I asked him if even $5 would really break him and the conversation went something like this...

Him: Hey, that $5 is my breakfast budget for the week. Do you want me to starve?

Me: What about those who are already starving?

Him: You mean like me around 3:00 every day?

Dude...are you F***KING SERIOUS?!???!?!

Is he fat?

They better not get any bright ideas over at my plant.

Basically found out we are the lowest starting salary not only in the state but in all the peer institutions we compared to. And when I say we are lowest I mean by about 4,000-8,000$ low. Also give the least amount of money when getting promotion by roughly 1,000$ Good times.

The best part about this is that some of the ppl I work with have taken the position of "well at least no one is getting fired, we better not ask for money!" Yea but we can't fill positions right now because our starting salary is so low. SOmeone actually said "sometimes its best not to rock the boat" :wallbash:

Got pulled over tonight. One of those situations where the road was a wider, commercial-ish area, had been there several times that I swore the speed limit was 40. Was going 45 and speeding up because the 55 limit sign was in view. Copper got me as it was actually a 30. Buuuut he was really nice/easy going about the whole deal- village cop in a speed trap. Gave me the option to do some online course thingy to clear it rather than pay etc. Not sure if I can do it, being out of state buuut... better than a big ol' speeding ticket. Still, I rarely get pulled over and nearly have a heart attack every time. Bleh. Night ruiner.

Hope the worst for all of you tonight was the flyers/sabres game.

Some jackass just walked right around me while I was waiting to order. Yeah buddy, I'm clearly waiting here to order my sandwich.

I swear this on the Baby Jesus.....at the Sabres wine fest, Cliff Benson just cut right in front of me in line to pick up auction items. There were 8 people waiting and I guess the fact that I wasn't right on top of the person in front of me was a cue to slip between us. It was even funnier since he has a nice little movember mustache working. I wasn't quite tipsy enough to give him a "We Are Penn State!"

I swear this on the Baby Jesus.....at the Sabres wine fest, Cliff Benson just cut right in front of me in line to pick up auction items. There were 8 people waiting and I guess the fact that I wasn't right on top of the person in front of me was a cue to slip between us. It was even funnier since he has a nice little movember mustache working. I wasn't quite tipsy enough to give him a "We Are Penn State!"

Travis Roy cut me off in the concourse at the NCAA hockey tourney in Worcester once.

This friggin light in my office blinking crazy all day. Blinky blinky then perfect for 10 minutes then blinkity blink again. Feel like there's a strobe light in here.

And yeah, I called about it. We'll be right there they said..... 6 hours ago.

I'd be disabling that light. Any way possible.