Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Wife is in for her 2nd mammogram right now. First on this am did not look good. I'm sitting in the waiting area on pins and needles. Breast cancer has been the cause of death for several of the women on her side of the family. She is scared and I am doing my damndest to give her a false front right now.

Sending prayers your way. Hopefully you'll have reason to post in the Friday thread tomorrow.

I have to watch Toronto play aaaaaalllllllll the time. My son is a maple leafs fan and cheers when they score. :(

I've never even been to the ACC for a game and I don't give a ######! I'm going to my first sabres game in over 5 freakin' years to watch the leafs and sabres and I'm coming over the border just as if I'm a leafs fan. :(

I used to live a stone's throw away from the peace bridge and roller bladed to the sabres post-cup run parade.

And now it's all leafs all the time. :(

I used to get all the buffalo news channels and now I don't.

I don't even have time to watch sabres hockey anymore......and this all makes me sad.

The one positive is I get wgr550 in the car so I know the news as soon as it happens, and yesterday, I was a very happy and surprised driver so, I guess this is how it is for now. Patience is in order for everyone I guess. I'm too damn nostalgic.

No Schlitz, she's back!

Have fun at the game.

They've got to punt GM's more often than once every 4 election cycles. All sorts of ghosts are popping back up.

Wife is in for her 2nd mammogram right now. First on this am did not look good. I'm sitting in the waiting area on pins and needles. Breast cancer has been the cause of death for several of the women on her side of the family. She is scared and I am doing my damndest to give her a false front right now.

:(

Prayers go out to you and her.

Thanks for the thoughts folks. Figured it wouldn't be right to wait until tomorrow for an update......

We can breathe. It looks like the concern turned out to be swollen lymph nodes. Poor girl was scared pretty good when the office called her back at work to get in right away so more testing could be done. And she gave me a good worry too. Sounds like she was really put through the wringer at the imaging office. She needs to follow up with her GP re: the swollen lymph nodes and she gets to come back for another mammogram in 90 days. yeah, she won't be looking forward to that.

But, it is good news really so we can't complain.

OK, one complaint. My crappy ass job doesn't offer any PTO bennies yet so I get to take this rush to the Dr office right in the backside. As if I wasn't already motivated to keep looking for work.

Thanks for the thoughts folks. Figured it wouldn't be right to wait until tomorrow for an update......

We can breathe. It looks like the concern turned out to be swollen lymph nodes. Poor girl was scared pretty good when the office called her back at work to get in right away so more testing could be done. And she gave me a good worry too. Sounds like she was really put through the wringer at the imaging office. She needs to follow up with her GP re: the swollen lymph nodes and she gets to come back for another mammogram in 90 days. yeah, she won't be looking forward to that.

OK, one complaint. My crappy ass job doesn't offer any PTO bennies yet so I get to take this rush to the Dr office right in the backside. As if I wasn't already motivated to keep looking for work.

Terrific news.

Good to hear, weave, good to hear.

Good to hear! Give her a huge hug.

Terrific news.

Good to hear, weave, good to hear.

Good to hear! Give her a huge hug.

Getting old and having the reality of worrying about things like this sucks. Aging ain't for the faint of heart I tell ya!

She just told me she wants to go out and get a drink. I think she's earned it. :P Out the door in a few minutes!

Hi, weave - I'm glad that the news was positive and I really don't want to harsh your mellow, but nodes can swell for a number of reasons. Lymph nodes are the bodies trash collectors. They grab the odd junk floating around the body, like bacteria, cell fragments and (unfortunately) rogue cancer cells. Please do have your wife follow through with her GP - chances are that the swelling is due to a low-grade infection or some such, but there is always the remote possibility that it could be something more ominous. With her family history, it is always good to double- and even triple-check. (My aunt had breast cancer, got surgery + radiation + chemo and lived cancer-free for 22 years. Then a couple of weeks after a "normal" mammogram, they discovered a tumor in her remaining breast which had already spread.) Don't take anything for granted and get a second opinion if necessary. (Can you tell I work in cancer research?) All the best to you both....we'll keep good thoughts.

Great news! Enjoy that drink. :)

Getting old and having the reality of worrying about things like this sucks. Aging ain't for the faint of heart I tell ya!

She just told me she wants to go out and get a drink. I think she's earned it. :P Out the door in a few minutes!

that's all great news! enjoy the drink!!

Glad to hear things worked out, the exact same thing happened to my wife a few weeks ago with the call for a repeat. She is in the medical field herself so she is able to navigate the waters of medical obfuscation better than most, but it still makes for an anxiety filled day.

Awesome...

Like Sabre Dance said...don't get lax. And there are tons of programs out there for free mammograms. Hell, the Sabres bought a bus for one.

And if you have any Dr. friends, try and get the imaging from the place and have them take a look. I had a radiologist that was a Darcy, and he punted on any diagnosis. I got a 2nd opinion at Roswell and was on the table at 6am the next morning. It's probably nothing, so celebrate. Sounds like Dr. Weave is going to have a patient himself tonight!

Great news, weave!

I'm with shrader on the idiot driver thing. I was stopped at a yield yesterday waiting for a stream of cars to come out of our office complex lot directly onto the highway, when the tool behind me decided to cut out from behind me because he couldn't wait the extra 5 seconds for the oncoming jeep to pass (nobody behind that jeep as far as I could tell, btw). We merged onto the highway and I passed him less than a half mile after the merge. <_<

Even worse than that, however, is the lack of proper grammar & punctuation anymore. Just this morning, a high-ranking executive in my company sent an email to the entire staff with two of these errors. For example, "spending time with loved one's" and "supporting our troop's". I can't count how many times people I work with make this mistake. It's a plural form of the word, not a possessive form. One of my former co-workers debated this topic with me once, saying the apostrophe in that use of the particular word "just looked better". Dude - that doesn't make it right. :wallbash:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

I'm sick and tired of cancer. Your story hits close to home weave. Something similar happened to my mom when I was in high school. Breast cancer took her mother years before that and she wound up having a scare that luckily wound up being nothing. My parents didn't say a word to me though until after they found out. So I have no idea how tough it was on her since all I saw was the relief after.

Great to hear and best wishes for continued good health.

However i can't let this pass with you on the swollen comment, a WHO song comes to mind "Mama's got a squeze box and daddy never sleeps at night" give it a rest killer. :P

Even worse than that, however, is the lack of proper grammar & punctuation anymore. Just this morning, a high-ranking executive in my company sent an email to the entire staff with two of these errors. For example, "spending time with loved one's" and "supporting our troop's". I can't count how many times people I work with make this mistake. It's a plural form of the word, not a possessive form. One of my former co-workers debated this topic with me once, saying the apostrophe in that use of the particular word "just looked better". Dude - that doesn't make it right. :wallbash:

This.

I'm the only designer on this massive project. We have the company (companies, plural, actually) believing there's a whole design team. There's not, and whenever the 8 metric tonnes of feedback rolls in from all directions, I have to sift through it. And the main person sending the feedback tlks like ths. thx. Send a massive part of the game- get told "sumthin isnt right. dont know what. plz fix. k thx." I've never had a person with this company speak with anything less than perfect diction and clarity.

Good lord. Even if you're on your phone- unless it's not a smart phone and has T9- autocorrect should kick in, right? I'm losing my marbles over here. I can forgive some grammar nazi offenses but the only thing worse would be if the person tYpeD iN th1s mANneR.

whew. End rant.

I'm sick and tired of cancer. Your story hits close to home weave. Something similar happened to my mom when I was in high school. Breast cancer took her mother years before that and she wound up having a scare that luckily wound up being nothing. My parents didn't say a word to me though until after they found out. So I have no idea how tough it was on her since all I saw was the relief after.

I had a scare like this a couple years ago with my mum. They pulled her in on Christmas Eve to do a biopsy. Ruined Christmas for us all. Luckily, nothing, but still. My sister had cancer, I had a brush with it, it's just a horrible thing to face. That's some scary, fast moving times. I feel for anyone who has to face that process of testing.

Fantastic. Very happy for you and your family Weave.

A family member diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Our family is ultra secretive about these kinda things. Surprised I even found out. Problem is, he says the doctor just told him to come back in 3 months for a check up. Does that sound legit?

Yikes, man. Based on this page, sounds like "wait and see" isn't uncommon if they believe it's slow-growing:

http://www.mayoclini...ments-and-drugs

And I feel like an a$$ now for my complaint, but I'd already typed it up so here goes:

Last Christmas I’d asked my mom for a new battery for my digital camera since mine was no longer holding a charge. (A mistake on my part; she’s the type to upgrade frequently to the latest technology, whereas I’m the type to keep something as long as it’s functional and meets my needs. The camera was a few years old, but a respectable 8 MP and worked great.) Sure enough, she sends me a brand new camera, making the argument that it has 16 MP, didn’t cost “that much” more than a replacement battery, and I could sell the old one. I’m annoyed because after trying it out I feel like my old camera is much more user-friendly, but I keep it anyway because I don’t feel like fighting with her about it and hurting her feelings. After an unsuccessful attempt to sell the old one, I end up buying a replacement battery for about $6 and gave it to a friend.

I use my camera almost exclusively when traveling or on vacation since the camera in my phone is good enough for everyday use, so when I took it out in August for something and it wouldn’t turn on, I figured the battery had drained and plugged it in to charge. Indicator light turns green, try to turn it on, and still nothing... it isn’t even recognized when I connect via USB to a computer. Wtf? Searched online and found info about a firmware update that is intended to fix the issue of a battery not charging, but this update stupidly requires me to reformat the memory card via computer and my laptop doesn’t have a card reader. Finally remembered to try it on my bf’s laptop the other week and managed to get the update on the card, but without the ability to turn on the camera, there’s no way to install it. We order a 3rd party wall charger for the battery that also includes 2 replacement batteries because the camera manufacturers are too effing cheap to include a wall adapter any more (charges in the camera via USB). Plugged in the original battery, indicator light turns green, camera won’t turn on. Charged one of the replacement batteries, light turns green, camera still won’t turn on. I contact customer service to voice my frustration and ask for suggestions on what else to do, and naturally they’re insisting it’s malfunctioning because I’m not using an “approved” memory card (of course, they don’t give you one with the camera). So I can send it in for repair, and it should be under warranty being less than 1 year old, but I’m fully expecting to get the runaround and them insisting it’s not their piece of sh!t equipment that’s the problem. So angry.

Also, due to the poor placement of my laptop’s touchpad my wrist accidentally refreshed the screen after I’d written half of this post.

Edited by biodork

A family member diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Our family is ultra secretive about these kinda things. Surprised I even found out. Problem is, he says the doctor just told him to come back in 3 months for a check up. Does that sound legit?

Absolutely not. Either you've got the diagnosis wrong, or you've got the doctor's advice wrong, or someone is committing malpractice.

And yes, I've read what biodork wrote. Get a second opinion sooner rather than later.

Edited by Eleven

Absolutely not. Either you've got the diagnosis wrong, or you've got the doctor's advice wrong, or someone is committing malpractice.

And yes, I've read what biodork wrote. Get a second opinion sooner rather than later.

Agreed; unless they've known about it for a while and have already had other tests done that ink isn't aware of, watchful waiting isn't really the way to go right after diagnosis.

Agreed; unless they've known about it for a while and have already had other tests done that ink isn't aware of, watchful waiting isn't really the way to go right after diagnosis.

All I can guess is that he's had a lot more tests and not surprisingly, we don't know all of the info. I have to confront him about it as I'm really the only one that's going to do it. Ugh.

I knew there was a possibility that I hadn't thought of.

Get another opinion anyway.