Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

About a month ago, this little emaciated kitten shows up at my boyfriend's property. He's so incredibly friendly that there's no way he's feral, so it seems like some jerkoff decided they didn't want him and put him outside. We've been feeding him and he's put on a little weight, but with the bf having 3 adult indoor/outdoor cats already, there's no way we could bring him inside because the others are pretty territorial. (They had a tenuous truce when all 4 were outside, but mostly because the little guy hides when the others are out.) I put an ad for him on our local pet classifieds with pics, but after about 2 weeks with no takers, I figured maybe if I took him to the vet for an initial check-up to make sure he's healthy we'd get more interest. Long story short, $260 at the vet and $120 at Petsmart later, he's living at my house and getting eye drops and oral antibiotics multiple times per day. My brother has been awesome and is helping with the expenses, but the kitten still needs a follow-up at the vet Saturday, and eventually all his shots, ear mite treatment, and to be neutered. At this point I'm not sure it'll be any easier to re-home him without doing some of those things, nor am I sure I want to give him up (even though I probably should). But who could say no to this face?

Nice.

Do you have a local SPCA to help you out?

Nice.

Do you have a local SPCA to help you out?

I called the local Paws shelter, but they're full and not taking any more rescues for now. The local Humane Society said they're over capacity but would still take him, but between their space issues and his eye problem I'm worried he'd get euthanized before someone adopted him. :( Might be an option after it's cleared up, though.

I already sit one office away from the lady who sits in a completely dark room covered with fake plants and has a noise machine that makes cricket sounds the entire days. This hallway can't handle any more crazy.

I think you'd come under the "normal by comparison" category.

One word...sciatica.

Of course, it could be tendonitis in the back of my knee or a strained hamstring that's referring pain to other parts of my leg.

Whatever it is...it sucks.

Yikes, man... I have a friend who had this recently after years of back problems, and she literally just dropped to the floor crying when it started. It took a couple of Percocets before she was even able to move from the kitchen floor to the couch and later get to the ER. Hopefully you can find some relief!

Yikes, man... I have a friend who had this recently after years of back problems, and she literally just dropped to the floor crying when it started. It took a couple of Percocets before she was even able to move from the kitchen floor to the couch and later get to the ER. Hopefully you can find some relief!

For the most part, I can tolerate it because it only is irritating when I sit. However, my job is IT and I sit at a PC for a living. I also drive around town a lot, plus my boot camp class seems to aggravate it. I've already started putting my wallet in my front pocket and doing what I can to keep my right leg extended.

Work is doing a remote upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 next week. I'm backing up all of my files, and I expect total and utter failure that will result in about a week's worth of computerlessness.

They really need to add lojack tracking to fedex and UPS for the "Track a package" option. Good to know my package is somewhere in rochester but I would like to know if I'm going to see it before the street lights turn on.

Actually, just putting a GPS transceiver on the truck (they may already have them) and then putting that location with the planned route on a map online wouldn't bee all that hard. Could probably give estimates of arrival within a two hour window pretty easily.

One word...sciatica.

Of course, it could be tendonitis in the back of my knee or a strained hamstring that's referring pain to other parts of my leg.

Whatever it is...it sucks.

I had sciatica once when my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first. She was miserable and bedridden herself, but she got tired of hearing me moaning in pain while lying on the family room floor, so she got up and drove me to urgent care. The brutal pain shot from my lower back and down my leg. Even after it was treated and gone my foot was still had numb for about two months.

I already sit one office away from the lady who sits in a completely dark room covered with fake plants and has a noise machine that makes cricket sounds the entire days. This hallway can't handle any more crazy.

That's awesome!

About a month ago, this little emaciated kitten shows up at my boyfriend's property. He's so incredibly friendly that there's no way he's feral, so it seems like some jerkoff decided they didn't want him and put him outside. We've been feeding him and he's put on a little weight, but with the bf having 3 adult indoor/outdoor cats already, there's no way we could bring him inside because the others are pretty territorial. (They had a tenuous truce when all 4 were outside, but mostly because the little guy hides when the others are out.) I put an ad for him on our local pet classifieds with pics, but after about 2 weeks with no takers, I figured maybe if I took him to the vet for an initial check-up to make sure he's healthy we'd get more interest. Long story short, $260 at the vet and $120 at Petsmart later, he's living at my house and getting eye drops and oral antibiotics multiple times per day. My brother has been awesome and is helping with the expenses, but the kitten still needs a follow-up at the vet Saturday, and eventually all his shots, ear mite treatment, and to be neutered. At this point I'm not sure it'll be any easier to re-home him without doing some of those things, nor am I sure I want to give him up (even though I probably should). But who could say no to this face?

Nice pics. Good for you, bio. Jhonas has a great mom!

I had sciatica once when my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first. She was miserable and bedridden herself, but she got tired of hearing me moaning in pain while lying on the family room floor, so she got up and drove me to urgent care. The brutal pain shot from my lower back and down my leg. Even after it was treated and gone my foot was still had numb for about two months.

That sounds like my friend (she had the foot numbness as well). She's still hoping to prevent a recurrance with PT and avoid surgery.

Nice pics. Good for you, bio. Jhonas has a great mom!

Thanks. :) But why Jhonas? Does he look like a honey badger? Lol

I have to drive in Atlanta rush hour traffic tomorrow to pick my parents up from the airport... if you never hear from me again the traffic was why.

Atlanta is horrible! Sad part about it is, there is no rush hour. It's bad all day long. When I came home from North Carolina a few months ago, I went from Franklin, NC to Macon, GA via US441. I completely skipped over I-985 and I-75. I'm not quite sure I lost any time doing it either. Very pretty drive. Only thing I didn't plan on was hitting Graduation Day at UofG haha.

You're in it for the long haul now. ;)

Can I start with iOs7?

I've done very little with it, but so far visually, it looks like they were aiming at children.

Anyway, complaint time. My main tie to the Buffalo area will probably be going away shortly. I have always liked coming back for a week+ in the summer and a week+ at Christmas time. I don't think that's going to be possible anymore. Even worse, now I'll have to spend even more time in New England.

My Dad and stepmom are coming to visit this weekend and help repair my fence (it was damaged last fall during Sandy), and I have no idea what's going to happen when Rex the kitten meets Willow, their very playful laborador / retriever mix who likes to chase their cats at home. I've already had to kitten-proof my place, and now I need to relocate all the litter boxes, cat toys, dishes, etc. before the dog gets here and hope Rex doesn't get confused and the two of them don't destroy things running around. I haven't let him into my room, and his "safe room" is the spare bedroom, which will be occupied by them. Not looking forward to this at all... I really wish my dad would just come up by himself, since my stepmom will just sit in the house and watch movies at a ridiculously unnecessary decibel level while we work and the dog is going to cause problems with the kitten. :(