Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I quit smoking and it's really hard :cry:

Good on you!! My brother tried a few times to quit and now he just does the electronic cigarettes. Stick with it, even though it's tough now... Your lungs (and kids) will thank you!

Hockey coaches that are OUT OF CONTROL on the bench, that teach their players that predatory hits are OK, and get more OUT OF CONTROL when I call them penalties. What a joke. That team is now blocked in my schedule so I don't have to see it anymore. Football on skates. I like good hitting, but it's gotta be clean and on time. Taking 3 strides to slam a player into the boards, in the head (usually), 3 seconds after he has passed the puck, is stupid, bad, dirty hockey. Some people just don't get it.

^this

I had a couple of those last weekend...

In a very close league game (Pee Wee) I called two checking from behind penalties within 12 minutes of each other....basically, the kid barely got out of the box from the first one and someone else committed a 2nd one. They weren't even borderline ones either, where you might have been able to get away with body checking, interference or even boarding. These were full on checks to the back on defenseless kids 2 feet from the boards...the latter of the calls was a 5 and a game because the other kid went head first into the boards and got injured.

All this coming from a team who 5 minutes into the same game, the coach was on me because two kids collided in the middle of the ice by obvious lack of skating ability and gave me the ol' "Hey Ref, you know there is no checking in Pee Wee, right?"

After all that, they still only lost by one goal...just stupid. A good coach takes the kid aside, tells him what he did wrong (as if he didn't already know) and makes sure it doesn't happen again...instead, this guy and his two other coaches (who were way more clueless than most) did everything they could to yell and scream about how bad the calls were.

Settle the team down, and get them back to playing hockey the right way...leave the crap out of it.

Nonsense. I'm really sick of nonsense posing as fact, and I'm even more sick of nonsense posing as logical thought.

And this has nothing, and I do mean that, to do with hockey-related opinions expressed on this board.

I'm just sick of nonsense.

Unfortunately, 2012 is divisible by 4, so we're going to have a lot of US-based nonsense in addition to the usual (increasing--more slowly now, but still--because of the 'net) nonsense.

Nonsense. I'm really sick of nonsense posing as fact, and I'm even more sick of nonsense posing as logical thought.

And this has nothing, and I do mean that, to do with hockey-related opinions expressed on this board.

I'm just sick of nonsense.

Unfortunately, 2012 is divisible by 4, so we're going to have a lot of US-based nonsense in addition to the usual (increasing--more slowly now, but still--because of the 'net) nonsense.

The shiticane that is going to be the coming presidential election is something I have no desire to experience. I may just go into seclusion until it's all over so I don't have to hear about it.

TWC = no agreement with the NFL Network(8 years running)

TWC = no agreeement with MSG(right in the middle of the hockey season)

TWC = recent rate increase

Yeah...TWC isn't the problem. :angry:

Stupid thin crust pizza.

Next time you are in Buffalo, make at stop at Gino & Joe's in the Main Place Mall food court. Consistently good. Thin crust or thick crust! Not stupid at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by LabattBlue

I hate when there's a decent snowfall and those people who run their wipers once and then immediately start driving. They leave the entire car covered and don't clean off a single window. How do these people not get tickets for doing this? Oh yeah, since they can't see out of their back window, they don't see the flashing lights following them.

And then of course that snow turns into a big chunk of ice and falls off into the face of a car following behind them.

I am officially unemployed and even though I keep sending out resumes it could take up to 6 months to get a job unless this thing at UB pans out. O and I found out the day I got back from my vacation that the place I had my phone interview with will not be interviewing me... FML. I have a bachelors and a masters and can't get a job guess its time to go for either another masters or a Phd maybe if I had a few of those I could get a freaking job... :censored: :wallbash: :death:

I am officially unemployed and even though I keep sending out resumes it could take up to 6 months to get a job unless this thing at UB pans out. O and I found out the day I got back from my vacation that the place I had my phone interview with will not be interviewing me... FML. I have a bachelors and a masters and can't get a job guess its time to go for either another masters or a Phd maybe if I had a few of those I could get a freaking job... :censored: :wallbash: :death:

As one of my favourite bands (The Stangles) says (Life Shows) No Mercy.

Maybe you should think about working for yourself and contracting your services to the highest / best bidders. That's what I did about 10 years ago. Best thing I ever did and have not looked back.

I love my dog, but man is he ever testing me lately with the whole incontinence thing. Sat. night I was up from 3-4am with him because he'd pooped on the bed and tracked it everywhere so I had to take off the top blanket and put him in the bathtub. Sunday morning I come back from brunch and he's pooped in his bed. Tuesday and Wed. evening I get home from work and he's tracked poop around the living room and dining room so I've had to mop, spot-clean the carpet, and put him in the tub both nights. This morning I wake up and he's pooped the bed again (although at least he didn't step in it this time). I can't take much more of this... I feel like I've been cast in Groundhog Day: Number Two.

And this new stupid Facebook Timeline profile... it's hideous, it's going to feature crap from the past that maybe I don't want showing up on my main profile page, and the best part is, I can't figure out how to edit it because the instructions say you need to "hover" over the item to see a star/pencil icon you need to click to adjust the settings. Howinthehell are you supposed to "hover" over anything when using a mobile device?!? And yet I won't cancel my account, much as I despise Facebook, because I have too many friends who use this as their sole means of communication anymore. What ever happened to email, people?

Finally, I didn't get to go snowboarding last night because my friend punked out and now it's raining here (again). :(

Slid my pretty, pretty car into a guard rail in the snow on Friday night. Estimate is $5300 (although insurance is paying it). The main complaint is I haven't heard much from the insurance company since Monday, and I can't drive around on the donut spare all the time. I busted the rim with the snow tire on it, so I either have to do 3 snows + donut, 3 snows + 1 summer time, or all 4 summer tires (which two of the rims are beat up on as well). I think the summers are 'close enough' in height (1.6mm different), but that's right at the limit Subaru recommends (2/32").

Not to mention two weeks ago my cat was sick and I had to take him to the emergency vet. I was a few hours from being -1 cat. :(

My complaint (not a knock on the above posts) is people who throw up their hands and say they can't do something when if they when to Google, typed in what they were looking for, spent five minutes reading throught one of the 1000 websites that would teach them how to do it, it'd be done. Why do I have to do this for them?

Also, I'm sick of Tennessee drivers. They absolutely REFUSE to use turn signals. Is it too much effort to let the other drivers know why you appear to be randomly stopped in the left lane of a busy road?

I love my dog, but man is he ever testing me lately with the whole incontinence thing. Sat. night I was up from 3-4am with him because he'd pooped on the bed and tracked it everywhere so I had to take off the top blanket and put him in the bathtub. Sunday morning I come back from brunch and he's pooped in his bed. Tuesday and Wed. evening I get home from work and he's tracked poop around the living room and dining room so I've had to mop, spot-clean the carpet, and put him in the tub both nights. This morning I wake up and he's pooped the bed again (although at least he didn't step in it this time). I can't take much more of this... I feel like I've been cast in Groundhog Day: Number Two.

are beat up on as well). I think the summers are 'close enough' in height (1.6mm different), but that's right at the limit Subaru recommends (2/32").

Not to mention two weeks ago my cat was sick and I had to take him to the emergency vet. I was a few hours from being -1 cat. :(

Sorry about your pets. Bio, how old is your dog? That sounds sadly like old age creeping up ...

Ten years ago, today, I played my first ever game of ice hockey on a frozen pond in Juneau, AK. It was my birthday and Super Bowl Sunday. After we got done, we went and watched the game, made wings and drank til we couldn't. What an awesome day.

Today, I'm ten years older and stuck at work in New Jersey.

Oof, what a horrible juxtapostion that is.

Yesterday, I met a woman who could have just been "the one". Great smile, awesome personality, the whole package. BUT....I think I might just be about twice her age. Good thing she lives three hours away so I won't keep running into her. (But she will be haunting my dreams... Dang! This getting old business is getting old :cry: )

Edited by Sabre Dance

Slid my pretty, pretty car into a guard rail in the snow on Friday night. Estimate is $5300 (although insurance is paying it). The main complaint is I haven't heard much from the insurance company since Monday, and I can't drive around on the donut spare all the time. I busted the rim with the snow tire on it, so I either have to do 3 snows + donut, 3 snows + 1 summer time, or all 4 summer tires (which two of the rims are beat up on as well). I think the summers are 'close enough' in height (1.6mm different), but that's right at the limit Subaru recommends (2/32").

Yikes, man. Sorry to hear about your car, but glad your cat is okay!

Yesterday, I met a woman who could have just been "the one". Great smile, awesome personality, the whole package. BUT....I think I might just be about twice her age. Good thing she lives three hours away so I won't keep running into her. (But she will be haunting my dreams... Dang! This getting old business is getting old :cry: )

Hey, at least you can meet and go out with women half your age without being immediately thrown into prison.

Hey, at least you can meet and go out with women half your age without being immediately thrown into prison.

My second wife hasn't been born yet.