Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Got a friggin jury duty request in the mail. Starts next Tuesday. Shoot me now.

hey SDS can you write me a letter? lol

I FINALLY got a summons for Jury Duty last year... Was starting to take it personally that I had never been called and yet have never failed to vote. Anyway, I got picked for a jury trial. Lasted four days. What a fantastic experience. Don't be in too much of a hurry to duck it, you might find it to be an interesting and rewarding experience...

I FINALLY got a summons for Jury Duty last year... Was starting to take it personally that I had never been called and yet have never failed to vote. Anyway, I got picked for a jury trial. Lasted four days. What a fantastic experience. Don't be in too much of a hurry to duck it, you might find it to be an interesting and rewarding experience...

This is my second one. Never got picked for the first one. I acted all crazy and ######, they didn't pick me.

1) we lost last night

2) Two of my college friends are supposed to get married this upcoming July. Well, both of them are coming to me for relationship advice because they are struggling with everything. I've been friends with each of them for almost the same amount of time. I didn't really condone the wedding to start with, but since he made me the best man, I've really warmed up to it, and actually support it now. Problem is, they are having a lot of problems. I am between a rock and a hard place because i can't help both of them without causing a stir, and I can't just pick one because I've been friends with both of them. This my friends, is a catch-22. GAH :death:

You must follow the Bro code: Bros before Ho's. As a guy who was recently engaged and had that implode faster than this years sabres season, the best advice is which ever of the two you are closer too take their side but if they are having major problems now, marriage isnt going to do anything but make it worse.

Send out an unmanned drone. :death:

MFW3 style?

idk if this is a complaint but this 1 professor I had finally did his grades and he gave me a B even though his course was such BS that we never knew what was going on. Its not a complaint really because I graduated and honestly laugh at his feeble attempts at teaching... epic fail

You must follow the Bro code: Bros before Ho's. As a guy who was recently engaged and had that implode faster than this years sabres season, the best advice is which ever of the two you are closer too take their side but if they are having major problems now, marriage isnt going to do anything but make it worse.

MFW3 style?

idk if this is a complaint but this 1 professor I had finally did his grades and he gave me a B even though his course was such BS that we never knew what was going on. Its not a complaint really because I graduated and honestly laugh at his feeble attempts at teaching... epic fail

My complaint today is that you have somehow blessed us with over 2,700 posts since February. Good lord.

This is my second one. Never got picked for the first one. I acted all crazy and ######, they didn't pick me.

Tell, them you're so sure the Sabres are going to win the Stanley Cup this year, that you bet $2,000 on it, they'll know your crazy.

Some people on the roads are NUTS and need to be avoided at all costs. A few months ago, I was trying to get into the right hand turn lane, and just needed the guy in front of me to move up a few feet(he was going straight). I gave him one small honk of the horn. He didn't budge, the light turned green), he went straight through the intersection, made a u turn, followed me, and proceeded to start screaming out his window at me. I ignored him, and he drove off.

Road rage is out of control, and like I said, needs to be avoided at all costs. You never know who you are dealing with.

This +1000000000.

My complaints: work, or specifically the upper management who seem to have no clue WTF they are doing. Unrealistic goals, shady tactics, and lack of respect for anyone.

Websites that go with flat rate shipping/handling based on your order amount. So that $9.98 undershirt costs another 9.99 to ship? Come on.

There was a guy in our jury selection pool that was a "finalist".. He wore a shirt that said, "Reject Authority"... DA got one look at that shirt and just dismissed him.

How about these freaking Lexus commercials? Not bad enough that they are based around a jackass SURPRISING someone with a luxury automobile as a Christmas gift, but these tools rig up the elevator music, create a music box and get the Lexus theme into Guitar Hero? I watch these commercials and want to punch the gift giver and recipient in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

How about these freaking Lexus commercials? Not bad enough that they are based around a jackass SURPRISING someone with a luxury automobile as a Christmas gift, but these tools rig up the elevator music, create a music box and get the Lexus theme into Guitar Hero? I watch these commercials and want to punch the gift giver and recipient in the face.

I want to strangle the Hyundai girl with the Lexus bow.

Besides, do you know anyone who drives a Lexus that wouldn't give one as a Christmas present? You know they would.

Got a friggin jury duty request in the mail. Starts next Tuesday. Shoot me now.

hey SDS can you write me a letter? lol

1st, you won't get picked based upon your studies. However, I think you would be a great juror if the goal was justice.

2nd, I'll write a note, but I'm guessing "Please excuse spndnchz..." would look a little suspicious. haha

I want to strangle the Hyundai girl with the Lexus bow.

Besides, do you know anyone who drives a Lexus that wouldn't give one as a Christmas present? You know they would.

I know they would. The commercials are pretty accurate with the level of douchebaggery portrayed.

I don't mind the Hyundai girl. She's kinda hot. Or cute.

She's an upgrade over last year's Hyundai commercials - the ones with that weird chick singing.

I forgot about those. You're right.

Don't you bad mouth Pomplamoose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEStDd6HVY&list=PLF125407272F3C1A4&index=2&feature=plpp_video

That's my wife you're talking about,.. she just doesn't now it yet.

I know we need this thread for intra-board therapy. And I know that from time to time, someone posts something here that's really, really serious. But most of the time, we're bitching about jaywalkers, people taking impermissible lefts on Delaware, tacos that aren't quite crispy enough, etc.

http://whitewhine.com/

Great site for that stuff.

I wonder what they'd make of us!

But this still is the best bitch thread goin'.

Don't you bad mouth Pomplamoose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEStDd6HVY&list=PLF125407272F3C1A4&index=2&feature=plpp_video

That's my wife you're talking about,.. she just doesn't now it yet.

From what I've seen she has a Steven Seagal-esque range of facial expressions. It's the same look in every damn photo, video, and image.

I know we need this thread for intra-board therapy. And I know that from time to time, someone posts something here that's really, really serious. But most of the time, we're bitching about jaywalkers, people taking impermissible lefts on Delaware, tacos that aren't quite crispy enough, etc.

http://whitewhine.com/

Great site for that stuff.

I wonder what they'd make of us!

But this still is the best bitch thread goin'.

That site looks like a lot of "spoiled little rich brats whining about how my life sucks because I didn't get a car for my birthday so FML and eff my parents".

That site looks like a lot of "spoiled little rich brats whining about how my life sucks because I didn't get a car for my birthday so FML and eff my parents".

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I get that way. I mean, I don't hate my parents, and I'm too old to be a brat or "get a car," but I do wonder if my complaints (in general, not necessarily in this thread--I mean, insomnia really does suck!) are really worth bitching about in the greater scheme of things, you know? We all--and I do mean everyone on this board--have it pretty well compared to most of the planet.

EDIT: That's not meant to be a threadkiller. On the contrary, even the most petty of complaints in this thread (probably some of mine) are damned entertaining. More of an explanation of why I posted that link. And hell, I always feel Catholic guilt at this time of year.

Edited by Eleven

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I get that way. I mean, I don't hate my parents, and I'm too old to be a brat or "get a car," but I do wonder if my complaints (in general, not necessarily in this thread--I mean, insomnia really does suck!) are really worth bitching about in the greater scheme of things, you know? We all--and I do mean everyone on this board--have it pretty well compared to most of the planet.

EDIT: That's not meant to be a threadkiller. On the contrary, even the most petty of complaints in this thread (probably some of mine) are damned entertaining. More of an explanation of why I posted that link. And hell, I always feel Catholic guilt at this time of year.

Not worth it in the grand scheme, and most of us have it pretty well compared to a lot of people.

But all that being said, day-to-day life is full of irritants, morons, and other miscellaneous stupidity that tends to spike the blood-pressure. I like to think of Complaint Thursdays as a good release valve which keeps us from snapping and going all "Falling Down" somewhere in our daily journeys.

Background first: My girlfriend's roommate spent the entire month of November at a fat camp (I had no idea those actually exist). Then on New Years she dropped the "I'm joining AA" bomb. She would go out to bars pretty much every night and come back with some different random guy each time. Then she'd eat every bit of food in the apartment, most of which wasn't even hers. She's unemployed and daddy pays every last bill for her. So yeah, this girl is a complete trainwreck. I've never actually seen any of these people she brings back, but I have a very hard time imagining what type of person would actually show any interest, even for a one night stand.

But anyway, last night at around 2:30 am, she stumbles in with someone. We were both passed out, but once every light was turned on and the loud talking commenced, sleep wasn't really an option. After a while I was finally just about asleep again, but then the bedroom door opens. For god knows what reason, this jackass walked into the room even though it was very clear which room was the roommates. If I had been a bit more awake, that guy would have found himself out on the sidewalk with a bashed in face.

So yeah, glad to see that AA and the fat camp really made a lasting impact (table was littered with food this morning and the box of sponge candy I brought back for my girlfriend was 75% empty). I still can't get past that idiot walking into the room though. We're talking about some random guy picked up at a bar. What happens if I'm not there? The door doesn't have a lock so that's not an option. There's going to have to be a serious discussion on this one because this garbage can't happen anymore.

Background first: My girlfriend's roommate spent the entire month of November at a fat camp (I had no idea those actually exist). Then on New Years she dropped the "I'm joining AA" bomb. She would go out to bars pretty much every night and come back with some different random guy each time. Then she'd eat every bit of food in the apartment, most of which wasn't even hers. She's unemployed and daddy pays every last bill for her. So yeah, this girl is a complete trainwreck. I've never actually seen any of these people she brings back, but I have a very hard time imagining what type of person would actually show any interest, even for a one night stand.

But anyway, last night at around 2:30 am, she stumbles in with someone. We were both passed out, but once every light was turned on and the loud talking commenced, sleep wasn't really an option. After a while I was finally just about asleep again, but then the bedroom door opens. For god knows what reason, this jackass walked into the room even though it was very clear which room was the roommates. If I had been a bit more awake, that guy would have found himself out on the sidewalk with a bashed in face.

So yeah, glad to see that AA and the fat camp really made a lasting impact (table was littered with food this morning and the box of sponge candy I brought back for my girlfriend was 75% empty). I still can't get past that idiot walking into the room though. We're talking about some random guy picked up at a bar. What happens if I'm not there? The door doesn't have a lock so that's not an option. There's going to have to be a serious discussion on this one because this garbage can't happen anymore.

is the lease in your GF's name? if so, i would kick the roommate to the curb right speedily. obviously she has some self-esteem issues, and getting thrown out of her apartment probably won't help, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. if she can't keep her fingers off of other peoples' food or belongings, then something's gotta change.

i'm sorry man. sounds like a nasty situation she's in.

WOW! that's ridiculous! any way your girl can move out, or even better, kick the other girl out?! It probably goes without say, but it's more than likely a good thing you WERE there.

My complaint today: my two friends that were engaged officially split. I am now caught in the middle (where I had worked to keep out of), and I am trying to help him more so than her, as she has a network of friends. He is a complete wreck and I was up half the night just talking with him about the whole thing. Now that I got him calm, I've got the rest of the was to be wedding party getting a hold of me asking for details. I have been very vague so far as to what specifically is going on, but have made it clear that they are done. I am trying to shield them as much as possible from the endless onslaught of people asking for "juicy details." Being the best man does have down side... :(

To make matters better, I need to get a hold of Men's Warehouse and see if they will refund us groomsmen any of our payment towards the Tuxedo rental... :(

He still has to go spend the weekend skiing with his family :death: , and is going to break the news to them this weekend. I'm almost 100% positive I will be getting a phone call or two for moral support since I'm not going with.