Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I don't recall the specific model #, but it was a GE Hotpoint 21 cu ft top freezer. My mom had all GE appliances in her last house (the expensive ones, stainless steel) and had problems with hers as well. I always thought GE was a good brand, but I don't think I'll be buying from them in the future. According to the service techs who were here on Tuesday, Maytag is really the way to go.

Poor kid (and poor van)! :(

Maytag is definitely the way to go.

This isn't a complaint so much as an antecdotal story about my daughter and her excellent sense of timing

<snip>

Best of luck :(

:huh:

Go on...

My complaint: student loans, and how information is communicated to us borrowers. i.e. I had a payment bounce on accident because of a miscommunication between my bank and I regarding the change in account numbering. That was November. After fixing everything and setting up a manual payment, and another bouncing because of a reason that wasn't well explained to me (hence the complaint), it finally got paid around December 15th - 20th (second bounced payment was DEC 7).

Then I had to make my December payment on Dec 28th. Fine. Payment went thru, apparently. Get an email today from the lender saying that one of my payments bounced. Now there are three possibilities over the last month+, but the email doesn't say which. I call them up and they are dumbfounded. It took me being on the phone for a half hour to finally get a second manager to confirm that the letter is from the bounced payment on the 7th. 1 FULL month later, I get a letter that the payment bounced. That seem effective to anyone else? :wallbash:

Otherwise, I've lowered my expectations in life, and now have less complaints because I'm just having fun now a days :D

Sallie Mae sucks. Their customer service department is less than helpful and they keep changing the website and every time it gets worse. I had a problem with them last year where we mistakenly scheduled a second payment for the same bill, because we couldn't remember if we did or not and at the time (no idea if it has changed) there was nowhere to see scheduled/pending payments.

Edited by Bmwolf21

:huh:

Go on...

My complaint: student loans, and how information is communicated to us borrowers. i.e. I had a payment bounce on accident because of a miscommunication between my bank and I regarding the change in account numbering. That was November. After fixing everything and setting up a manual payment, and another bouncing because of a reason that wasn't well explained to me (hence the complaint), it finally got paid around December 15th - 20th (second bounced payment was DEC 7).

Then I had to make my December payment on Dec 28th. Fine. Payment went thru, apparently. Get an email today from the lender saying that one of my payments bounced. Now there are three possibilities over the last month+, but the email doesn't say which. I call them up and they are dumbfounded. It took me being on the phone for a half hour to finally get a second manager to confirm that the letter is from the bounced payment on the 7th. 1 FULL month later, I get a letter that the payment bounced. That seem effective to anyone else? :wallbash:

Otherwise, I've lowered my expectations in life, and now have less complaints because I'm just having fun now a days :D

Dude screw student loans. I had mine set up so I was only paying interest and then out of the blue my December payment jumped to like $500. Problem: I got laid off on the 16th. I have no income. I can't pay.

So I sent in the paperwork to get my payments adjusted, sent them an email asking what the holdup was, and called them to no response. Meanwhile I already have one late payment and another one due February 5th.

###### student loans.

Dude screw student loans. I had mine set up so I was only paying interest and then out of the blue my December payment jumped to like $500. Problem: I got laid off on the 16th. I have no income. I can't pay.

So I sent in the paperwork to get my payments adjusted, sent them an email asking what the holdup was, and called them to no response. Meanwhile I already have one late payment and another one due February 5th.

###### student loans.

Yeah. That's ######. Mine is thru DirectLoan or whatever, and my payment is $685/month. That doesn't include the ECSI RIT loan, that is another $125/ month. Student loans KILL me. Luckily I'm living at home, so I have no rent payments right now, because frankly, I'd be dead broke. I have a decent paying job, a little below average for my position, but enough to pay to this off in the 10 years. The way I get thru it, is looking at it like this: I started college at age 16, and graduated at age 21. I started paying the loans right after I turned 22. I will have all of my student loans paid off by the time i'm 32. Not too bad for going to RIT and having to pay myself since my parents didn't know how to save money before I came along.

Yeah. That's ######. Mine is thru DirectLoan or whatever, and my payment is $685/month. That doesn't include the ECSI RIT loan, that is another $125/ month. Student loans KILL me. Luckily I'm living at home, so I have no rent payments right now, because frankly, I'd be dead broke. I have a decent paying job, a little below average for my position, but enough to pay to this off in the 10 years. The way I get thru it, is looking at it like this: I started college at age 16, and graduated at age 21. I started paying the loans right after I turned 22. I will have all of my student loans paid off by the time i'm 32. Not too bad for going to RIT and having to pay myself since my parents didn't know how to save money before I came along.

16? Where's the Revenge of the Nerds "NEEEEEERDS!" image when I need it? :P

16? Where's the Revenge of the Nerds "NEEEEEERDS!" image when I need it? :P

nerdy though that may be, it's pretty damn awesome to be done with college in its entirety by the time many college kids FINALLY settle on an actual major.

@DtM, what did you graduate in? and are you working in that field?

nerdy though that may be, it's pretty damn awesome to be done with college in its entirety by the time many college kids FINALLY settle on an actual major.

@DtM, what did you graduate in? and are you working in that field?

I graduated with my Bachelors and Masters in Mechanical Engineering, and I am half working in my field. I am a sales engineer currently. I start the design process, and customer interactions (I'm an engineer with people skills, apparently that's hard to come by?) It's my first job, and I still have exposure to a lot of the tools I used at school, so it's not too bad.

And not being legal drinking age the whole time. Jeez.

Like that ever stopped a college student. :rolleyes:

Yeah...we won't discuss my pre-21 drinking habits :angel:

I went through that in December. By next week, your body will be used to being challenged. Stick with it.

I plan to. And I know my body will adjust. It's been almost 20 years since I've worked out regularly. There is a full body revolt going on at the moment.

I'll quell the rebelion with beer on Friday.

I plan to. And I know my body will adjust. It's been almost 20 years since I've worked out regularly. There is a full body revolt going on at the moment.

I'll quell the rebelion with beer on Friday.

This reminds me of my recent struggles. I originally hurt my knee back in July and then had surgery in September. Prior to that (and one other lingering injury in the summer), I was an absolute machine at the gym. I was starting to push numbers that I haven't seen since I started high school. Unfortunately, thanks to the lack of mobility and some poor eating habits while I was on the mend, I've lost most of that progress. I've probably put on somewhere around 15 pounds since the summer.

I guess since I was doing so well last year, it really shouldn't be too tough to get back into that routine, but so far it's slow. I just started up seriously last week, so obviously it's early.

Joined the Y last week. I hurt everywhere.

I just joined World Gym. Pretty good deal. $20 a month for me plus any guest I want to bring(unlimited number of people/visits they just have to be with me). This is a good way to split a membership between myself, wife and daughter. $20 twice a year to lock into that price in future years. Works out to between $23-24 a month. Open 24 hours during the week, and 7-7 on the weekends. Pretty crowded between 5-9 right now(Jan-Mar) during the week, but I don't mind getting there at 830PM doing 45 minutes on the treadmill, and heading home.

no complaints from me today.

Finally get to see my g/f in south carolina for the next few days after shes been gone for a month for a physical therapy internship. It's mid 60's here and best yet, this whole trip is on my company's dime since I was working is SC all this week.

I haven't seen a Sabres game in weeks, but I heard they are pretty sucky... :bag:

I just joined World Gym. Pretty good deal. $20 a month for me plus any guest I want to bring(unlimited number of people/visits they just have to be with me). This is a good way to split a membership between myself, wife and daughter. $20 twice a year to lock into that price in future years. Works out to between $23-24 a month. Open 24 hours during the week, and 7-7 on the weekends. Pretty crowded between 5-9 right now(Jan-Mar) during the week, but I don't mind getting there at 830PM doing 45 minutes on the treadmill, and heading home.

That is an amazing price.

no complaints from me today.

Finally get to see my g/f in south carolina for the next few days after shes been gone for a month for a physical therapy internship. It's mid 60's here and best yet, this whole trip is on my company's dime since I was working is SC all this week.

I haven't seen a Sabres game in weeks, but I heard they are pretty sucky... :bag:

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Save this crap for tomorrow. ;)

Edited by shrader