Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sorry about your pets. Bio, how old is your dog? That sounds sadly like old age creeping up ...

It is... he's about 16 1/2. Fairly healthy otherwise, but holy cow I'm tired of cleaning poop all the time.

Ten years ago, today, I played my first ever game of ice hockey on a frozen pond in Juneau, AK. It was my birthday and Super Bowl Sunday. After we got done, we went and watched the game, made wings and drank til we couldn't. What an awesome day.

Today, I'm ten years older and stuck at work in New Jersey.

Oof, what a horrible juxtapostion that is.

Happy birthday?

A co-worker of mine, I'll call him Luigi, just turned down a job within the company offering same pay, a supervisory role, and it's at another facility 30 miles closer to his house. He turned it down due to the fact that it's not a corporate position.

This is a man who routinely sleeps on his job, wanderds around aimlessly hours a day, takes trips out to his vehicle to do god knows what, gripes non stop about work, is a complete alcoholic, ###### non stop about not working at the facility where he was just offered a job, speaks at a volume similar to Andy Samberg's character on Parks and Recreation, has the hand writing and organizational skills of a sloppy 2 year old, and did I mention he's ######in bat ###### crazy?

He makes my days miserable with his massive storm cloud of misery, nuerosis, and ###### warped view of reality.

A co-worker of mine, I'll call him Luigi, just turned down a job within the company offering same pay, a supervisory role, and it's at another facility 30 miles closer to his house. He turned it down due to the fact that it's not a corporate position.

This is a man who routinely sleeps on his job, wanderds around aimlessly hours a day, takes trips out to his vehicle to do god knows what, gripes non stop about work, is a complete alcoholic, ###### non stop about not working at the facility where he was just offered a job, speaks at a volume similar to Andy Samberg's character on Parks and Recreation, has the hand writing and organizational skills of a sloppy 2 year old, and did I mention he's ######in bat ###### crazy?

He makes my days miserable with his massive storm cloud of misery, nuerosis, and ###### warped view of reality.

Maybe you should put your name in for the position Luigi just turned down ... you'd get away from him.

EDIT: I find it amusing that you come to this board to relieve your "massive storm cloud of misery".

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Maybe you should put your name in for the position Luigi just turned down ... you'd get away from him.

EDIT: I find it amusing that you come to this board to relieve your "massive storm cloud of misery".

I think we all do! As someone said before (bmwolf?), this place is great for venting to prevent us from going Falling Down. If someone only read this thread, you would think I'm probably a miserable b!tch because I'm on here a lot. But I find it cathartic to vent here, and often the funny responses or other stories cheer me up. And sometimes, when someone has a *real* complaint (health-related, etc.), it puts things back into perspective as far as what's worth getting upset about and what isn't.

It is... he's about 16 1/2. Fairly healthy otherwise, but holy cow I'm tired of cleaning poop all the time.

Happy birthday?

:lol: Thanks. Me, along with Wayne Gretzky, Eddie Van Halen. and I think Chris in UT(?).

Edited by SwampD

I am officially unemployed and even though I keep sending out resumes it could take up to 6 months to get a job unless this thing at UB pans out. O and I found out the day I got back from my vacation that the place I had my phone interview with will not be interviewing me... FML. I have a bachelors and a masters and can't get a job guess its time to go for either another masters or a Phd maybe if I had a few of those I could get a freaking job... :censored: :wallbash: :death:

I work my ass off but I can't afford a vacation, so what are you doing taking one?

I think he didn't take it because why would he want to leave a job that allows everything you just mention haha.

As for myself, I've got a dog storey. I own a great dane who's almost three and she's a big suck most of the time. However lately she hasn't been listening when I call her, pulls like mad on her leash and has dug under the fence in the backyard. This morning before work, I go calling for her and sure enough, she's not in the backyard and I see yet another gapping hole going under the fence. So I spend 20 minutes and find her down the road at the park and do you think she'd come when I called? Nope. So I end up finally takeling her and bring her home. By the time I get to work I'm almost a half hour late!

My complaint: people who say FML. No ofense to the millenial, because I see this on my Facebook page from other younger people and it drives me nuts: "drove all the way into school in a snowstorm only to find class canceled. FML" or dropped my keys in a puddle. FML"

My complaint (not a knock on the above posts) is people who throw up their hands and say they can't do something when if they when to Google, typed in what they were looking for, spent five minutes reading throught one of the 1000 websites that would teach them how to do it, it'd be done. Why do I have to do this for them?

Point them to http://lmgtfy.com/

I think we all do! As someone said before (bmwolf?), this place is great for venting to prevent us from going Falling Down. If someone only read this thread, you would think I'm probably a miserable b!tch because I'm on here a lot. But I find it cathartic to vent here, and often the funny responses or other stories cheer me up. And sometimes, when someone has a *real* complaint (health-related, etc.), it puts things back into perspective as far as what's worth getting upset about and what isn't.

Amen. Not sure if it was me who said that or if I repeated it, but it's the truth. Venting helps the pressure escape.

My complaint (not a knock on the above posts) is people who throw up their hands and say they can't do something when if they when to Google, typed in what they were looking for, spent five minutes reading throught one of the 1000 websites that would teach them how to do it, it'd be done. Why do I have to do this for them?

About a year ago, a friend notified the world (via facebook) that the new intern in his office had to google "month numbers."

I thought Chris was tomorrow but it's close enough to go ahead and say it. ;)

If it's not him, there is definitely someone else on here whose birthday is today.

My complaint: people who say FML. No ofense to the millenial, because I see this on my Facebook page from other younger people and it drives me nuts: "drove all the way into school in a snowstorm only to find class canceled. FML" or dropped my keys in a puddle. FML"

Amen. Not sure if it was me who said that or if I repeated it, but it's the truth. Venting helps the pressure escape.

I hate when people point to http://lmgtfy.com/. (not always, but often). If I'm on the computer, chances are I have already Googled it and haven't found what I was looking for or not found something as specific as I want.

http://bit.ly/x13O4Z

I fully understand the benefits of venting.

Maybe there was a little disconnect on my EDIT on my reply to Ink. I did not mean this thread, although it was this thread he posted in, my EDIT said board. I didn't mean this thread in particular just that this board in general is stormy at times and, therefore, I found it amusing that Ink would come to the board to be relieved.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

If it's not him, there is definitely someone else on here whose birthday is today.

I hate when people point to http://lmgtfy.com/. (not always, but often). If I'm on the computer, chances are I have already Googled it and haven't found what I was looking for or not found something as specific as I want.

So....subtle.

I would I it wasnt at least a 25% pay cut me as well as inceasing my commute from 3.5 miles to 25 miles. Also, my job is way better and more high profile in the company. I'm a boss...(cue SNL bit)

I fully understand the benefits of venting.

Maybe there was a little disconnect on my EDIT on my reply to Ink. I did not mean this thread, although it was this thread he posted in, my EDIT said board. I didn't mean this thread in particular just that this board in general is stormy at times and, therefore, I found it amusing that Ink would come to the board to be relieved.

Ink frequently relieves himself on the board. :nana:

I would I it wasnt at least a 25% pay cut me as well as inceasing my commute from 3.5 miles to 25 miles. Also, my job is way better and more high profile in the company. I'm a boss...(cue SNL bit)

R U on a boat too?

I think he didn't take it because why would he want to leave a job that allows everything you just mention haha.

As for myself, I've got a dog storey. I own a great dane who's almost three and she's a big suck most of the time. However lately she hasn't been listening when I call her, pulls like mad on her leash and has dug under the fence in the backyard. This morning before work, I go calling for her and sure enough, she's not in the backyard and I see yet another gapping hole going under the fence. So I spend 20 minutes and find her down the road at the park and do you think she'd come when I called? Nope. So I end up finally takeling her and bring her home. By the time I get to work I'm almost a half hour late!

Get a field training collar, turn that sucker up to 11, and shock the ###### out of that dog when it doesn't listen.

Great Danes are bull headed.

My complaint is that LQ isn't around to help guide the Sabres out this mess.

He created.

Edit: Bastard.

Edited by beerme1

Get a field training collar, turn that sucker up to 11, and shock the ###### out of that dog when it doesn't listen.

Great Danes are bull headed.

My parents badly needs one of those collars. Their puppy is a major league pain in the ass. She's been around long enough now that she should actually listen to most commands, but she seems to take everything as a challenge.

I can understand that. I've asked for help on this board and others, but I usually qualify my statements with "I Googled and this was what I found, but..." My issue is with the people who just post ###### like "what date is the All-Star game" when you know damn well that they could have Googled the answer in a lot less time. It's lazy and deserving of mockery.

• Like (+1) 1