Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

You really are my favorite ref. That crap has become the norm around the game and its flat out dangerous.

Thanks a lot Schrades!

Unrelated story: there was a high school game right before my kid's mini-mites practice last week, and as they were coming off the ice the referee tapped Hunter on the head. My kid was so excited about the ref noticing him. I told him that might not be a good thing in the future....

I always make sure to tap the little guys on the head when I leave the ice. Makes em see refs ain't so bad. Gotta start 'em early on that, because their parents and coaches will teach 'em differently.

Future ref? I hope not. Your son is far too young to be destined to be hated by me.

edit: Oh, and speaking of refs, I have a giant stick shaped welt across the side of my neck right now. Penalty? Of course not.

That makes two of us. Frigging stripes (no offense, BO).

Shrader if the refs know you hate them, they will enjoy seeing you obtain that welt. You get more flys with honey, Mister. Hey Wolfie, you better watch it!

I had a couple of those last weekend...

In a very close league game (Pee Wee) I called two checking from behind penalties within 12 minutes of each other....basically, the kid barely got out of the box from the first one and someone else committed a 2nd one. They weren't even borderline ones either, where you might have been able to get away with body checking, interference or even boarding. These were full on checks to the back on defenseless kids 2 feet from the boards...the latter of the calls was a 5 and a game because the other kid went head first into the boards and got injured.

All this coming from a team who 5 minutes into the same game, the coach was on me because two kids collided in the middle of the ice by obvious lack of skating ability and gave me the ol' "Hey Ref, you know there is no checking in Pee Wee, right?"

After all that, they still only lost by one goal...just stupid. A good coach takes the kid aside, tells him what he did wrong (as if he didn't already know) and makes sure it doesn't happen again...instead, this guy and his two other coaches (who were way more clueless than most) did everything they could to yell and scream about how bad the calls were.

Settle the team down, and get them back to playing hockey the right way...leave the crap out of it.

^this (nice work Pebble).

You have a working computer at the bottom of a pond?

LOL. Maybe it's one of those rugged Verizon smart phones.

Amen. Not sure if it was me who said that or if I repeated it, but it's the truth. Venting helps the pressure escape.

Heh, that reminds me of a friend's answering machine message in his dorm room. "You've reached the high-pressure containment lab at the University at Buffalo. If you'd like to leave a message for Ray, please do so after the beep.". I guess my complaint is I dialed it three or four times before I figured it out.

My complaint is that I'm stupid enough to block shots in PICKUP hockey. I took one to the medial aspect of the left knee last Friday night. I've never, EVER, had a shot block hurt that badly or last this long. And I have great shin pads, too. This must've just hit perfectly and caused a ridiculous bone bruise. Still swollen, stiff, and sore. Missing my 2nd league game tonight, gave up two referee gigs last weekend, will probably miss tomorrow's pickup and had to take a MITE game on Saturday just to try the leg out in a slow-paced skate.

Why am I so stupid when I play? I guess it's a macho thing. This time it really bit me.

I have another complaint. I gain a sick pleasure from hammering the Sabres in NHL11. Pominville, Stafford, Roy, Connolly, all so easy to absolutely crush. Maybe the easiest in the whole game. Is it wrong of me to take out my disgust with the real team on its virtual version?

:lol: Thanks. Me, along with Wayne Gretzky, Eddie Van Halen. and I think Chris in UT(?).

SIR YES SIR! happy birthday to you! i'm leaving work at 3 (a request of the wife ... "DON'T COME HOME BEFORE 3:30!!!!" ummm ... okay?!). what are your big plans for your day?

Get a field training collar, turn that sucker up to 11, and shock the ###### out of that dog when it doesn't listen.

Great Danes are bull headed.

It's definetly crossed my mind. I think that's where we're gonna have to go....

TWC = no agreement with the NFL Network(8 years running)

TWC = no agreeement with MSG(right in the middle of the hockey season)

TWC = recent rate increase

Yeah...TWC isn't the problem. :angry:

Don't forget how TWC is the ONLY major cable company to not carry NFLN on its standard package.

TWC sucks.

Don't forget how TWC is the ONLY major cable company to not carry NFLN on its standard package.

TWC sucks.

Except you named the one redeeming quality. I don't have to pay for crappy NFLN, with its three games a year, and ###### nonsense the rest of the time, because TWC stood up.

I am getting sick and tired of being the go-between at work and having to referee staff issues, clean up others' messes, and help train people who are hired and improperly or poorly trained for jobs that higher than mine.

I always make sure to tap the little guys on the head when I leave the ice. Makes em see refs ain't so bad. Gotta start 'em early on that, because their parents and coaches will teach 'em differently.

Don't I know it. The guys reffing the high school game before our practice were getting an earful - from parents who were sitting on the same side as the mini mites getting ready to take the ice. Nice example to set for the little ones.

Shrader if the refs know you hate them, they will enjoy seeing you obtain that welt. You get more flys with honey, Mister. Hey Wolfie, you better watch it!

:lol: I actually like most refs. I know it's a tough, crap job - the ones I don't like are the ones who think that a) this adult C league game is just a step from the NHL and/or b) the ones who think people are there to watch them ref.

I have another complaint. I gain a sick pleasure from hammering the Sabres in NHL11. Pominville, Stafford, Roy, Connolly, all so easy to absolutely crush. Maybe the easiest in the whole game. Is it wrong of me to take out my disgust with the real team on its virtual version?

If it's that easy for you to knock them off according to the game programming, that ought to be sending a message to the FO that they really need to seriously upgrade the team. Then again, it won't. We're just fooling ourselves if we think they will.

Why did it take this long for Byron Brown to grow some balls and clear the Occupy Losers out of Niagara Square?

http://www.wben.com/...uffalo/12162040

It said in the article that they showed up to evict very shortly after their permit expired. The one guy was quoted as saying "we didn't even get time to pack!" My opinion: if your permit is expiring at time y, then maybe you should pack prior to y since there is a high probability that the police will show up shortly after...makes sense to me...

today's complaints (I have 2): 1) My dog usually sleeps either (a) on my bed or (b) on the floor next to my bed. Last night was (a). He woke himself up dreaming (the whole puppy noises with feet twitching thing) on two seperate occasions, and just went ballistic barking at a whole lot of nothing. Both times it took me getting out of bed to let him outside to sniff around to get him to quiet down. I feel like I got no sleep :(

2) I haven't seen a lick of snow in weeks and I just want to ski,

Maybe you should put your name in for the position Luigi just turned down ... you'd get away from him.

Now that Luigi is gone, I'm stuck doing some of his work and come to find out, he's been seriously half assing it. We are talking fireable offenses. It's created hours of digging and leg work on my part and I'm not thrilled about it.

It said in the article that they showed up to evict very shortly after their permit expired. The one guy was quoted as saying "we didn't even get time to pack!" My opinion: if your permit is expiring at time y, then maybe you should pack prior to y since there is a high probability that the police will show up shortly after...makes sense to me...

today's complaints (I have 2): 1) My dog usually sleeps either (a) on my bed or (b) on the floor next to my bed. Last night was (a). He woke himself up dreaming (the whole puppy noises with feet twitching thing) on two seperate occasions, and just went ballistic barking at a whole lot of nothing. Both times it took me getting out of bed to let him outside to sniff around to get him to quiet down. I feel like I got no sleep :(

2) I haven't seen a lick of snow in weeks and I just want to ski,

Welcome to the last two months of my life, but with me it's our three year old daughter who wakes up 10 times a night and runs into our bed crying about the "monsters" in her room. After the first two weeks of my wife and I taking turns returning her to her bed all night long we have given up and she is sleeping in our bed most of the night while kicking me in the face all night long. Needless to say certain other activities are completely out of the question with the potential of a three year old crashing the party. It's like we have a new born all over again. :censored:

Welcome to the last two months of my life, but with me it's our three year old daughter who wakes up 10 times a night and runs into our bed crying about the "monsters" in her room. After the first two weeks of my wife and I taking turns returning her to her bed all night long we have given up and she is sleeping in our bed most of the night while kicking me in the face all night long. Needless to say certain other activities are completely out of the question with the potential of a three year old crashing the party. It's like we have a new born all over again. :censored:

wow man that sounds tough. Is it an attention thing, or is she actually truely afraid? When I was younger I had a ton of nightmares, and my parents finally attributed it to what I ate at what times prior to bed. They cut off my snacking by 7 if i was to be in bed by 9 (dinner was always at 430/5). good luck with that...

You older, wiser folks here make a younger guy like me NOT look forward to the married w kids life haha

That probably wasn't the greatest decision. Then again, not my kid so easy for me to say.

Mortgage rates are at historic lows, even for these times. 15 years are at 3.125. Decisions, decisions - suck up a 25% increase in mortgage payment and shave 12 years or do something different. 20 years are the sweet spot, but they are at 3.75, the same as a 30 year. If only the 20 year would drop to 3.5 - it would make my decision a lot easier.

Edited by korab rules

wow man that sounds tough. Is it an attention thing, or is she actually truely afraid? When I was younger I had a ton of nightmares, and my parents finally attributed it to what I ate at what times prior to bed. They cut off my snacking by 7 if i was to be in bed by 9 (dinner was always at 430/5). good luck with that...

You older, wiser folks here make a younger guy like me NOT look forward to the married w kids life haha

She is truely terrified. Every night after I read her bed time story I do the "go away monsters spray" under her bed and in her closet and we have been trying melatonin to get her to sleep through the night. No cigar yet. My wife is in pediatrics and she says it's just a phase we need to get through, but this is getting out of control. If I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out.

Definitely don't be in a rush to go the married and kids route. Raising kids is often awesome and rewarding but nobody ever claimed it's easy.

That probably wasn't the greatest decision. Then again, not my kid so easy for me to say.

Oh believe me it was the last gasp, it was getting so bad putting her back so many times that she was waking up my son, who needs to go to school in the morning. It was basically a decision between do we want to get absolutely no sleep or a little.

She is truely terrified. Every night after I read her bed time story I do the "go away monsters spray" under her bed and in her closet and we have been trying melatonin to get her to sleep through the night. No cigar yet. My wife is in pediatrics and she says it's just a phase we need to get through, but this is getting out of control. If I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out.

Definitely don't be in a rush to go the married and kids route. Raising kids is often awesome and rewarding but nobody ever claimed it's easy.

Wow that sounds frustrating. Good luck. keep your wits and patience about you!

and I'm definitely not in any rush. The way I see it, I'm 23...I have PLENTY of time yet.

Just kill the damn monster already and be done with it. You put that it's severed head on a pike right outside her front door and no monster will ever come near that place again.

• Like (+1) 3