Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I got cleared to drive on Tuesday.

I just can’t get motivated to do anything. I’ve been sitting around, doing absolutely nothing for almost 4 weeks. 

I liked it better when I had the built in excuse that I was not allowed to drive.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I got cleared to drive on Tuesday.

I just can’t get motivated to do anything. I’ve been sitting around, doing absolutely nothing for almost 4 weeks. 

I liked it better when I had the built in excuse that I was not allowed to drive.

‘Grats on clearance to drive.

I seriously recommend you force yourself to get out and do something.

Landscaping people/companies.

We live in a community where a landscaping crew comes in and cuts the lawns and trims.  When they trim they often scalp so low they kill the grass, and when they cut the lawn they drive so fast that when they make a turn, they dig the grass right out of the lawn and leave marks or entire bare spots.

The good news is our community isn't that strict, a few of us have 'opted out' of the service, and we cut my own lawns now. (we have close to 1/2 an acre, so not enough for a riding mower but by hand it takes close to an hour..but I have time, I don't mind it).  The Landscaping company is also fine with it, they said simply submit a list of homes for them not to touch and they will abide by it.

My complaint is this: 

-I submitted officially to the community to have me taken off the list of lawns to be cut and it was confirmed. 

-When they started cutting the lawns a few weeks ago the guy who owns/runs the company showed up and I reminded him. 

-When the workers that trim came by, they saw me and asked if I was getting the lawn cut, and I told them, no, our house is on the list to be skipped. 

-I cut the lawn 2 days ago so it is OBVIOUS our lawn is shorter than both of our neighbors already.

Yet 20 minutes after confirming to that guy on site AGAIN that we are to be skipped...., the guy on the mower is not only driving through the backyard cutting it, but there is another guy trimming and making a mess of everything he touches.

It should not be this hard to get a company and its employees to actually do the most basic, simple things in their job.

Edited by mjd1001

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I had a Crackhead come in with the police... She was swearing at everyone and looked at me and called me a Blonde Ponytail F*ck... Then told me to lick her @sscrack 😂😂😂

I replied with "no thanks, I had a salad for lunch" then proceeded to sedate her until probably Friday. 

This would have gone an entirely different direction with Dr. @inkman.

In other news, my neighbor had a tree cut down 2 years ago, at the time they dropped part of the tree on one of my trees destroying it. Oh well I guess, I didn't press the issue.  For some reason they left like 8 feet of trunk and stump.  Fast forward to the past 3 days....  one guy with a chainsaw that appears to be one of the smallest you could get a Home Depot is over there attempting to cut down the rest of it... I'm surprised he's not overheated the thing, blown out the engine, etc.  There are moments when he's got the thing gunned at 100% for more than a minute straight.  It's 8 hours a day of constant chainsaw racket.

Why on Earth did they not just get the trunk cut further with the tree removal company.. I get stump removal is expensive in its own right, but the chainsaw guy hasn't even got to the stump yet...

12 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Landscaping people/companies.

We live in a community where a landscaping crew comes in and cuts the lawns and trims.  When they trim they often scalp so low they kill the grass, and when they cut the lawn they drive so fast that when they make a turn, they dig the grass right out of the lawn and leave marks or entire bare spots.

The good news is our community isn't that strict, a few of us have 'opted out' of the service, and we cut my own lawns now. (we have close to 1/2 an acre, so not enough for a riding mower but by hand it takes close to an hour..but I have time, I don't mind it).  The Landscaping company is also fine with it, they said simply submit a list of homes for them not to touch and they will abide by it.

My complaint is this: 

-I submitted officially to the community to have me taken off the list of lawns to be cut and it was confirmed. 

-When they started cutting the lawns a few weeks ago the guy who owns/runs the company showed up and I reminded him. 

-When the workers that trim came by, they saw me and asked if I was getting the lawn cut, and I told them, no, our house is on the list to be skipped. 

-I cut the lawn 2 days ago so it is OBVIOUS our lawn is shorter than both of our neighbors already.

Yet 20 minutes after confirming to that guy on site AGAIN that we are to be skipped...., the guy on the mower is not only driving through the backyard cutting it, but there is another guy trimming and making a mess of everything he touches.

It should not be this hard to get a company and its employees to actually do the most basic, simple things in their job.

Maybe a sign? "Get off my lawn!"

Complaint: minor fall on my MTB on Tuesday, but good enough to bruise my knee, hip, and elbow. Luckily, I did it right before a stop so everyone in the group was watching.

46 minutes ago, Weave said:

‘Grats on clearance to drive.

I seriously recommend you force yourself to get out and do something.

Just bought my NYS fishing license last night. The weather’s just been so crappy down here, it just doesn’t inspire one to head out into it. I know,… that’s a really lame excuse.

Edited by SwampD

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just bought my NYS fishing license last night. The weather’s just been so crappy down here, it just doesn’t inspire one to head out into it. I know,… that’s a really lame excuse.

I’m lame too.  This weekend will be my first outing of the season.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I had a Crackhead come in with the police... She was swearing at everyone and looked at me and called me a Blonde Ponytail F*ck... Then told me to lick her @sscrack 😂😂😂

I replied with "no thanks, I had a salad for lunch" then proceeded to sedate her until probably Friday. 

But you are, in fact, a blond ponytail *****, aren’t you?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

60s, overcast with scattered showers and 12mph winds doesn’t really scream, “hey, you should go for a paddle!”

Think there are still bass and some drop back steelies in the larger tribs.  Probably some jacks chasing bait fish schools too.

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've been cracking up all day over this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/2/2024 at 8:43 PM, spndnchz said:

Surround sound. Had it hooked up with 5.1 at my old place. HDMI. It’s about 12 yrs old. 

looking at a Denon 5.2 now. 5 hdmi. Bluetooth. 3 optic cables. 

When our old receiver started having issues, we got a Denon.  Had it a couple of years and it's been excellent so far.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Facebook is hot trash these days.  Too many "suggested for you" posts that have nothing to do with me.  Go home, AI, you're drunk.

Glad I don’t do Facebook. 
I dabble at watching reels on IG, they seem to push things I like to laugh at my way.

Going on a Viking River cruise up the Rhine river in August. The only flight to Prague available in premium economy (need the leg room) on our departure day requires us to fly from Syracuse to Chicago, layover for 3 hours, then fly back east to Prague. So basically a waste of a day to get past where we start from. No comparable flights out of any eastern cities. 😩

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Going on a Viking River cruise up the Rhine river in August. The only flight to Prague available in premium economy (need the leg room) on our departure day requires us to fly from Syracuse to Chicago, layover for 3 hours, then fly back east to Prague. So basically a waste of a day to get past where we start from. No comparable flights out of any eastern cities. 😩

Did you look at Toronto? There were daily flights to Frankfurt and Prague when I went.

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I did that trip to London once; PHL to ORL, ORL to LHR. That was before I saw there's a direct flight from PHL to Gatwick, which has better train connections anyway.

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

Did you look at Toronto? There were daily flights to Frankfurt and Prague when I went.

I think my parents recent did it that way, since it was easier. I suspect they took the same cruise, and loved it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Yes, we’ve twice had the Viking agents look for alternatives in the East. There’s flights but only Economy seating is available.

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hate my job

I'm sorry. Me too (my job, not yours). But for me it's one of those "the toughest job you'll ever love" deals. IOW the sausage making is unpleasant, but I feel good walking out the door (duh).

Can you do any mental gymnastics like that? Or do you truly hate the job and find nothing redeeming about it? In the end are you doing something important for the world?