Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Work. Every passing year, society gets less stout. 

I'd hate to see what would happen if we ever had to engage in a war again. 

Soft as pudding 

Said every generation ever.

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Soft as pudding 

I like stouts, especially during winter. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:50 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Soft as pudding 

I know this was last week and it is probably a giant faux pas that will get me forever banned from the complaint thread - but this is such total and utter non-sensical silliness. I am pretty sure that the cranky old farts a generation ahead of me would have said the same things about my peers - my peers and I that ended up spending over a decade of our lives collectively shuffling in and out of the Middle East. 

I think the real problem is that older generations had/have lower emotional intelligence and thought it was some sort of effed up badge of honor to "grin and bear it" or "suck it up". Not too long ago it was commonly held that "men don't cry" and other toxic crap like that.

I think it is great that the current crop of youngsters has no problem telling their elders when the are wrong, are behaving poorly, and generally have no clue. I see a genuine effort from them to avoid the mistakes of the past. Good for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I know this was last week and it is probably a giant faux pas that will get me forever banned from the complaint thread - but this is such total and utter non-sensical silliness. I am pretty sure that the cranky old farts a generation ahead of me would have said the same things about my peers - my peers and I that ended up spending over a decade of our lives collectively shuffling in and out of the Middle East. 

I think the real problem is that older generations had/have lower emotional intelligence and thought it was some sort of effed up badge of honor to "grin and bear it" or "suck it up". Not too long ago it was commonly held that "men don't cry" and other toxic crap like that.

I think it is great that the current crop of youngsters has no problem telling their elders when the are wrong, are behaving poorly, and generally have no clue. I see a genuine effort from them to avoid the mistakes of the past. Good for them.

Settle down, Snowflake.

jk😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Get off my lawn type complaint…

In Florida for a month. Enjoying the complex pool most days, unless there are kids in the pool screaming “Marco….Polo” at the top of their lungs for what seems like an eternity. 😂

Edited by LabattBlue

3 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

That shouldn't get you banned. 

I was having a rough day, I think it's. More directed at the health care side of things. I don't ever recall seeing people needing emergency care for the sniffles as I can remember in almost 20 years. 

Sure Covid didn't help, but it was getting bad before. 

Anyways, I threw my back out sleeping on an akward chaise last night 😂😂 that's my beef this week lol. 

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

In the hospital with my baby boy for the night. He’s got second degree burns covering the entire top of his arm from an accident at his grandmas house. Awesome stuff no doubt. 

Hope all goes well. Must be scary 

6 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Hope all goes well. Must be scary 

Thank you! He’s all good. They’re keeping him overnight to make sure no infections develop, but he’s been playing in the kids room of children’s nonstop. He’s a trooper that’s for sure! 

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That shouldn't get you banned. 

I was having a rough day, I think it's. More directed at the health care side of things. I don't ever recall seeing people needing emergency care for the sniffles as I can remember in almost 20 years. 

Sure Covid didn't help, but it was getting bad before. 

Anyways, I threw my back out sleeping on an akward chaise last night 😂😂 that's my beef this week lol. 

haha after I finished by borderline unhinged rant, I contemplated complaining about myself going off on a weird rant in response to a post from a week ago 🤣🤣

Hope the back feels better.

3 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

haha after I finished by borderline unhinged rant, I contemplated complaining about myself going off on a weird rant in response to a post from a week ago 🤣🤣

That's why they unlock this once a week 😂😂. Smart decision. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I would just like to remind you that you’re defending a generation that walks around in public wearing pajama pants and crocks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

I would just like to remind you that you’re defending a generation that walks around in public wearing pajama pants and crocks. 

fashion is ... subjective? I mean, I never said everything about them was good 🙂

12 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Adults who talk loudly or let their kids be unruly in hotel hallways.

Show a little class for the rest of us. 

Let me guess, hockey tournament in town?