Any ideas for the Amerks next head coach?

Seeing how they didn't immediately name Paetsch or Prospal the next Amerks coach....yet, I wonder if there are any names people would think of. I can think of a few, but the only problem is, how many want to actually become a head coach. 

Local boys, Ryan Callahan or Brian Gionta. Would Mike Peca leave the Rangers to take an AHL head coaching job? (I highly doubt it). What's Jim Hofford up to these days? He was selling insurance last I knew. Marty Biron? Andrew Peters would be fun. He would at least leave the bench and get into a fight.

Just throwing darts. And I'm sure someone I've never heard of will come in. 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:20 PM, Claude Balls said:

Seeing how they didn't immediately name Paetsch or Prospal the next Amerks coach....yet, I wonder if there are any names people would think of. I can think of a few, but the only problem is, how many want to actually become a head coach. 

Local boys, Ryan Callahan or Brian Gionta. Would Mike Peca leave the Rangers to take an AHL head coaching job? (I highly doubt it). What's Jim Hofford up to these days? He was selling insurance last I knew. Marty Biron? Andrew Peters would be fun. He would at least leave the bench and get into a fight.

Just throwing darts. And I'm sure someone I've never heard of will come in. 

Petey with Craig Rivet as his assistant. Imagine the entertainment value of those two arguing behind the bench during games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Only if he brings in Ralph Krueger as and Phil Housley as assistants. Oh, and Matt Ellis has to be plugged in somewhere.......

Oh wait...

Lol.  Well we are already paying him and he's good for development!

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What's the easiest, most unimaginative, straightforward option? Cuz that's who Adams will pick. 

Oh, I know this one,… Matt Ellis.

After a long and detailed search, speaking to dozens of people, we were shocked to find the perfect match in our own org. We're upgrading Joe Amerkski from skate sharpening senior tech to be the 38th Amerks Head Coach. He'll assemble his staff (from other people in the org) shortly.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Petey with Craig Rivet as his assistant. Imagine the entertainment value of those two arguing being the bench during games.

Only if Jeremy Roenick can be the second assistant behind the bench.

• Haha (+1) 1